2016/08/26 [DMFA #1690] Design-a-costume

Started by Tapewolf, August 26, 2016, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Hmm, a design competition for Dan.  Late 70s punk, complete with the safety pins, spikes and chains?  He likes pain, after all...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 26, 2016, 08:05:12 AM
Hmm, a design competition for Dan.  Late 70s punk, complete with the safety pins, spikes and chains?  He likes pain, after all...

Depends. Is he a masochist or a sadist? Either fits, but there's a very different aesthetic for each...

Of course, there's always the possibility that he shows up in a catwalk-creation; high heel boots, low cut front, long slinky black dress, some carefully-creative box hat with a feather... you know the sort of thing. That enough detail, Merlin? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cassi-kun

Amber should make this an actual contest. I would die to see what everyone comes up with XD
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

justacritic

Be afraid Dan, be very very afraid. He's treading into the cutthroat deep dank world of fashion.

Hariman

I sense an outfit montage!

Also... is it possible to make a dapper top hat and cane version of his magic robe? That seems like something Dan would go for, especially if he could take the hat back to Matilda with a few stories. Or maybe he could just bring Matilda along with a matching belt. ;D
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 26, 2016, 08:05:12 AM

Hell, now I want to see Dan dressed more or less exactly like Vyvyan from The Young Ones

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on August 26, 2016, 06:56:48 PM
Hell, now I want to see Dan dressed more or less exactly like Vyvyan from The Young Ones

Yes, that would be perfect.

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 26, 2016, 07:14:18 PM
Quote from: Merlin on August 26, 2016, 06:56:48 PM

Yes, that would be perfect.

all ready to party

Tapewolf

Drakkenmensch

I sense Fa'Lina is breaking the fourth wall to ask the readers to design an outfit for Dan!

Tuyu

Quote from: justacritic on August 26, 2016, 06:15:38 PM
Be afraid Dan, be very very afraid. He's treading into the cutthroat deep dank world of fashion.
Or worse: modeling.  I could see some very large bribes being offered to get him to actually change clothes and wear more than one outfit during the course of the party.

Random thought:  Fa'lina foresees no problems for him at the party?

James StarRunner

Had so much fun voice acting the wardrobe montage 100's of strips back. Be interesting to see what will come of this.

Shadowdancer

Quote from: Cassi-kun on August 26, 2016, 05:56:50 PM
Amber should make this an actual contest. I would die to see what everyone comes up with XD

Gets my vote. It was my first thought when I opened the forums page. Not that I can draw to save my life!

If there is a montage it should feature at least one panel with high-heels and a skirt. For continuity's sake of course. A pity Biggs won't be there to appreciate the fine... designs. I know it would wreck his plans having his mind read, but how did Biggs avoid the temptation of a trip to hotties central?
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Merlin

Quote from: Shadowdancer on August 27, 2016, 03:02:54 AMGets my vote. It was my first thought when I opened the forums page. Not that I can draw to save my life!

If there is a montage it should feature at least one panel with high-heels and a skirt. For continuity's sake of course. A pity Biggs won't be there to appreciate the fine... designs. I know it would wreck his plans having his mind read, but how did Biggs avoid the temptation of a trip to hotties central?

How gauche it would be if he turned up in the same outfit as Regina, haha

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on August 27, 2016, 03:31:39 AM
How gauche it would be if he turned up in the same outfit as Regina, haha

Of course! I mean, Regina is there merely as a hired lackey; Dan is one of the guests. Regina would be outcast for upstaging one of Piflak's guests, doncherknow. ;-]

Yarott

I dunno what to say about this page, other than to think that maybe this could work like a design contest for the readership to participate in, let whatever they think be what could be featured in later pages? Heh, could work for some silly laughs.

Reese Tora

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 26, 2016, 11:27:58 AM
Of course, there's always the possibility that he shows up in a catwalk-creation; high heel boots, low cut front, long slinky black dress, some carefully-creative box hat with a feather... you know the sort of thing. That enough detail, Merlin? ;-]

Wouldn't anything Dan wears be a catwalk creation?
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 29, 2016, 12:43:31 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 26, 2016, 11:27:58 AM

Wouldn't anything Dan wears be a catwalk creation?

No, of course not. Not unless it was created by another cat on a walk... ;-]