2016/05/20 [RE 45.10] Jake's exile

Started by Ellian, May 19, 2016, 06:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellian

Now that's an interesting twist. Maybe, if I may wildly guess, Jake was exiled because he was considered too powerful by his peers, and created the living shadow as an act of revenge... While this, from a moral point of view, wouldn't make the deed itself much better, at least it would be quite understandable.

Also, that Jake statue looks kind of similar to a kitsune. In this context, the trickster's way of turning leaves into money appears in a different light: To quote from http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Kitsune: "If a kitsune offers a payment or reward that includes money or material wealth, part or all of the sum will consist of old paper, leaves, twigs, stones, or similar valueless items under a magical illusion."

Well, maybe it's just that tricksters are all the same, no matter where they come from... ;)

Merlin

It's a raccoon! Or a trash panda. Or a wash bear. That's Jake's symbolic animal. Raccoons have the best alternate names.

Puyon

I'm really digging the ancient trickster look. Beautiful hippies.

Jake's animal is a raccoon, huh? I should totally draw Ruse in as a trickster sometime... I wonder if people dislike Raccoon halfies because they're Jake's animal. Any reason to pick out a 'trickster' right lmao
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

Quote from: Puyon on May 19, 2016, 08:37:32 PM
I'm really digging the ancient trickster look. Beautiful hippies.

And I believe in Jake, and Jake believes in Rafe who believes in Jake...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

*raises hand like an attentive student in class*

Does the Living Shadow exist in the Mirror World? Or when the world split did it just hang around LaRaGa?
...By Puyon

Merlin

Quote from: Puyon on May 20, 2016, 06:10:45 PM
*raises hand like an attentive student in class*

Does the Living Shadow exist in the Mirror World? Or when the world split did it just hang around LaRaGa?

LaRaGa drew the short straw, they're the ones stuck with it