2016/05/16 [RE 45.9] The living shadow

Started by Ellian, May 15, 2016, 04:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellian

Maybe that's just my impression, but the description of that living shadow sounds pretty much like the "curse" which is after Loki Kiborn. Coincidence?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ellian on May 15, 2016, 04:45:57 PM
Maybe that's just my impression, but the description of that living shadow sounds pretty much like the "curse" which is after Loki Kiborn. Coincidence?

Interesting idea.  I was rather surprised that the Living Shadow was still a thing... I assumed it was some historical evil.  I can't see any benefit to Jake for it to keep reappearing, so presumably he lost control of the thing.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

Quote from: Ellian on May 15, 2016, 04:45:57 PM

Hmm.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

...By Puyon

Merlin

Razmoudah

I like how the mug goes from "#1 Magic God" to "#9 Magic God".

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

fireknight

As nice as the theory about lokis curse being the living shadow is it's the wrong god. Thath curse was by the god of the moon, and is not nearly as dangerous as the living shadow. No what we saw in a trick tract I don't know wich one is that the living shadow is an unkillable indestrructable monster and the only person who can destroy it is a sword wielding hero that appears throu out the ages. Wich sounds like a student that we now. she really needs to start working on her sword skills.

Puyon

Well I think it's rather that the curse seems to be similar in nature. The Kiborn curse takes the form of a man, cannot be killed, and exists only to eradicate the Kiborn family line. It resurfaces every couple years, though it can be deterred apparently.

Comparatively, the Living Shadow is a large shape shifting killing machine that can't be killed or deterred through normal means, and however it is stopped, eventually comes back.

Using different god's magic can apparently produce similar curses... only of course Jake's works on a far larger scale, what with him being formerly the most powerful of the magic gods. He probably used a huge combination of magic that he'd stolen to create the Living Shadow.
...By Puyon

fireknight

Yes and now saturn will find out her destiny, and be scared witless by it.