[DD] Feathries and dark wings

Started by Ellian, May 10, 2016, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellian

After reading about Taide's wings in "2016/04/24 [RE 45.05] It's only a murder..." and the recent discussion about dark-winged feathries in "[NG+ 213] As above, not so below", I have been wondering about the winged characters in Death's Door. Both Tish and the first customer in DD 17 have two-coloured wings. Does that make them half-feathries to which the "dark wings" thing does not apply?

Merlin

Quote from: Ellian on May 10, 2016, 04:22:43 PM
After reading about Taide's wings in "2016/04/24 [RE 45.05] It's only a murder..." and the recent discussion about dark-winged feathries in "[NG+ 213] As above, not so below", I have been wondering about the winged characters in Death's Door. Both Tish and the first customer in DD 17 have two-coloured wings. Does that make them half-feathries to which the "dark wings" thing does not apply?

Yep, that's right! Full-blood feathries have human bodies (the first customer is part-scaler, hence the horns and scaled arms) and single-colour wings. Tish's dad was a feathry and her mum was a human, so she's not full-feathry

Lying Foo

While we're in this atemporal discussion of DD, I'll put in my comment belated by the slowness of the board of late: "What are you doing playing with fire, young lady?  Shouldn't you be busy overenunciating veiled threats to pretty ingenues?"
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.