Hi! Hey! Hello!

Started by Offbeatreboot, April 22, 2016, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Offbeatreboot

Dear god I forgot how much I miss these old style forum pages.

Anyways, making myself at least a bit noticed on the forum here. Hopefully, with any luck I'll be a little bit of an active member here.
Been finding myself rather bored and lonely recently and I just so happened to catch up with DMFA.
So I figured I'd get a bigger experience from it and make myself visible in it's fandom.

Finding like minded people is the best, no? ^^

ZacAttac21

Welcome, sister! We've been expecting you... :mwaha

Offbeatreboot

Quote from: CubiKitsune on April 23, 2016, 12:48:17 AM
Welcome, sister! We've been expecting you... :mwaha
I hope your expectations weren't too high cause hoo boy.

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard, hope you like it here.

The forum is home to a bunch of comics, though DMFA is the big one.  There's quite a few Merlin is working on (see the DHS Comix section) which aren't DMFA-based but do occasionally cameo characters from it.

There's also another set of comics that Merlin draws which are set in the DMFA universe, but modesty (and conflict of interest) forbids me from going into too much detail there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2016, 07:19:10 AM
There's also another set of comics that Merlin draws which are set in the DMFA universe, but modesty (and conflict of interest) forbids me from going into too much detail there.

WHEREAS I MYSELF HAVE NO SHAME! IT'S PROJECT FUTURE! I can highly recommend it. http://projectfuturecomic.com/

But yes, welcome to the forums! Always lovely to see someone new :3

Offbeatreboot

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2016, 07:19:10 AM
Welcome aboard, hope you like it here.

The forum is home to a bunch of comics, though DMFA is the big one.  There's quite a few Merlin is working on (see the DHS Comix section) which aren't DMFA-based but do occasionally cameo characters from it.

Conflict of interest, eeh? Sounds like there's a story there. Or should I not pry?

Darkmoon

He's an admin here and feels like he shouldn't promote his own stuff on forums he helps run. ;)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Offbeatreboot

Quote from: Darkmoon on April 23, 2016, 02:44:09 PM
He's an admin here and feels like he shouldn't promote his own stuff on forums he helps run. ;)

That explains it, though I wouldn't hold it against him. Doesn't seem like a problem or selling out or anything.
Of course unless he abuses his power to pin one of his own topics to the top ones or something.
But otherwise, nothing wrong with sharing what you've done.

And I gotta ask. What the heck does one do to get that much negative karma?
Or better yet, how does that work in the first place?

Puyon

Welcome, new friend! I hope you like it here! I'm Puyon and I mainly bum around the DHSComix forum, but you might catch me around DMFA and Project Future too haha.

Quote from: Offbeatreboot on April 23, 2016, 02:57:58 PM

The karma system... isn't something that's really taken seriously here, as far as I'm concerned. Some people award karma for the lulz, some smite for the lulz, sometimes there's a reason behind it, but it's nothing that's actually representative of one's reputation.
...By Puyon

Dishonored

Welcome, new person! Check your sanity at the door, where it will be taken, washed, inspected, run through rigorous testing, rinsed, boiled, pressed, and pleated before being returned to you, though not necessarily in that order.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Offbeatreboot

Eeh, it's not the first time. If you want, I could just give you the results. I've started printing them out to save time for everyone.

Gabi

Welcome! You've already been told the thing about your sanity, so I guess it's my turn to warn you not to trust people who warn you not to trust people. ;)

I have a feeling you're going to fit in quite well here.

And that adventure thing on your sig seems intriguing.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Offbeatreboot

Don't think too much of it. It's just an old in-joke with one of my friends.
Figured it'd work out well as a sig here.

It's totally not an ongoing comic series of 7 years with a cult following and it's own animation adaptation.
Tooootally not. (Like really.(No I mean like actually.))

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Offbeatreboot on April 23, 2016, 02:57:58 PM

Mr Darkmoon is also one of the admins. That's how he gets that much negative karma. Also, the admins are allowed to click as many times as they like on the karma buttons, rather than once every $delay, as it is for the regular users.

Some of us take advantage of that. A bit. Not naming any names or pointing any fingers, oh no.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

I know I do it.  It's great fun when I do it in time to music.