2016/01/04 [DMFA #1633] explosions, wings and sentience

Started by Tapewolf, January 04, 2016, 04:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Blowing up a forest, check.
Bubblegum becoming sentient, check.
I don't remember anything sprouting wings, apart from Dan.  Wildy would be all over that.  Anyone remember this?

The whole complexity thing does make me feel a little justified in Jakob's obssession with 1970s technology since that's likely to be less susceptible to interference with bulkier, less dense electronics, larger IC process sizes and the like...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Delian Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 04, 2016, 04:58:45 AM
I don't remember anything sprouting wings, apart from Dan.  Wildy would be all over that.  Anyone remember this?
Yep, Soshika Lypha's Kyotoshi in Vol 364. Wrong reference, but close -> See Merlin's comment.

Although Wildy might opt against those wingies ;3

:januscatSorry, Amber

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Yarott

What if Mab 'accidentally" recreates the Mow creation process? Or turns a fly in the room into a Being? With Science, of course!

Merlin

Quote from: Delian Williams on January 04, 2016, 01:05:21 PM
I don't remember anything sprouting wings, apart from Dan.  Wildy would be all over that.  Anyone remember this?
Yep, Soshika Lypha's Kyotoshi in Vol 364. Although Wildy might opt against those wingies ;3

:januscatSorry, Amber

Nah that's Soshika- Kyo's her brother, they look similar. From Inhuman (also on FA if that link's dead, here

Kibin

Blowing up a forest, check.
Bubblegum becoming sentient, check.
I don't remember anything sprouting wings, apart from Dan.  Wildy would be all over that.  Anyone remember this?

The whole complexity thing does make me feel a little justified in Jakob's obssession with 1970s technology since that's likely to be less susceptible to interference with bulkier, less dense electronics, larger IC process sizes and the like...

From the caption: "Two out of three, actually."

So you'd be correct, I'd think! In that your memory isn't failing. I don't think anything Jyrras knows about has sprouted wings yet.

justacritic

So Amber, when can we expect the Skynet expy coming?

Kibin

A gameboy could probably stand up to a full fireball. Or a gamecube.

Anri

Science, science, science... raaainbows?

(Is it working?)

Eboreg

Sprouting wings is probably par for the course in this world. People did find Aniz's explanation that Abel's wings were due to chronic magic exposure believable so it be more common than what we've seen.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.