2015/11/23 - [DMFA #1623] - A (short) bug's life

Started by MT Hazard, November 23, 2015, 08:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Must be uncomfortable to be reminded of how short other races lives are, Lore is half demon so could potentially live for hundred of years. For Mace and Debs, three years is longer that their entire lifespan so far.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

eeveeeon

huh, poor bug lass, short lifespan for her, also did death bringer eat lorendas phone? ( or is she a squishy ticklish phone case?) hmm, thought is maybe take her to jyrras for a checkup to see just how long chicki has to live

(also great comic series, please keep it up n,n)

tikitori

She's mentioned that she's a scout, which in general only live 13 years. So she must be living her twilight years right now.

Most insectis live for much longer from what I remember. Chicki is the exception to her race, not the rule.

Although this "Rainbow Hive" is probably Zezzuva's. And if they're all cubi, their scouts would (probably) live the cubi lifespan. This hive could potentially wipe out all non-cubi insectis if that is how their culture works.

Tapewolf

Quote from: tikitori on November 23, 2015, 12:13:56 PM
Although this "Rainbow Hive" is probably Zezzuva's. And if they're all cubi, their scouts would (probably) live the cubi lifespan. This hive could potentially wipe out all non-cubi insectis if that is how their culture works.

Ooh, that's an interesting theory.  I figured that the lifespan would be 'cubi-like, but the idea of Chicki being displaced by Zezzuva or "Clan Xrrsktchh" or whatever it will be called hadn't occurred to me.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cassi-kun

DEEBS ATE THE CELL PHONE

Also is this the first time we've had Chicki's gender confirmed (in-comic)? I always thought she was a guy before this...
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

AzureEdge

...So what Zezzuva has essentially done by creating a clan of Insectis Cubi is basically cause what will likely be the extinction of the Entire Insectis Race due to how things work for them. I wonder if the Creature Council will put any bans on actions that will cause these kinds of things just like they did on creating new races once all this is said and done.

Lego3400

Techinally speaking that wouldn't be a new speices. Cubi and Insectis are both reconized and hybrid (as a whole) are not illegal in any way.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: AzureEdge on November 24, 2015, 12:49:11 AM

...So what Zezzuva has essentially done by creating a clan of Insectis Cubi is basically cause what will likely be the extinction of the Entire Insectis Race due to how things work for them. I wonder if the Creature Council will put any bans on actions that will cause these kinds of things just like they did on creating new races once all this is said and done.

I think the "no new races" deal was Tapewolf's idea, not Amber's. And I'm more worried that they might try to take over the "surface" world once they're done with the "under" world...

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on November 24, 2015, 02:30:04 AM
I think the "no new races" deal was Tapewolf's idea, not Amber's. And I'm more worried that they might try to take over the "surface" world once they're done with the "under" world...

No, that is canon:
http://missmab.com/Demo/undead.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_372.php

Merlin

That's what I was thinking too. 'Cubi tending towards bright colours and all.

Amber Williams

The Cubi clan of Insectis actually doesn't have any scouts.   It's very scandelous. :U

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 24, 2015, 04:03:38 AM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on November 24, 2015, 02:30:04 AM

No, that is canon:
http://missmab.com/Demo/undead.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_372.php

Dang, how do you remember this stuff?

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on November 24, 2015, 11:57:46 PM
Dang, how do you remember this stuff?

I'm slipping.  A few years ago I was as good at this as Puyon is with Merlin's comic.

Jasae Bushae

This is tangentially related, but have we seen what an Insectis queen looks like? Im imagining it must look much larger than the scouts, though im having trouble picturing one
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Kalatash

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on November 25, 2015, 06:11:58 AM
This is tangentially related, but have we seen what an Insectis queen looks like? Im imagining it must look much larger than the scouts, though im having trouble picturing one
They probably have a booty that goes on for daaaaaays.

Anyway, interesting on how short lived she is, though thinking about that always gives me an existential sadness. Though where was the information about scouts given? I have a love/hate relationship with complex world. (Love because of the care and attention that goes into world building, hate because they almost never have a big encyclopedia that contains ALL the facts so you constantly have to hunt them down.)
"According to the Bible, the sheep were foaling."

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Kalatash on November 25, 2015, 03:20:14 PMThough where was the information about scouts given?
The Demo 101 link at the top of the comic leads to various info dumps such as the races of Furrae, breeding, Cubi powers, Cubi leaders, etc. Lifespans for each race are at the top of their reference pages
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

VAE

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 23, 2015, 08:07:32 AM
Must be uncomfortable to be reminded of how short other races lives are, Lore is half demon so could potentially live for hundred of years. For Mace and Debs, three years is longer that their entire lifespan so far.
I bet it beats being reminded of how long-lived other races are x3.
At least you won out the universe lottery in this case.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kalatash on November 25, 2015, 03:20:14 PM
Quote from: Jasae Bushae on November 25, 2015, 06:11:58 AM
They probably have a booty that goes on for daaaaaays.

... your anaconda is interested, and would like to subscribe for further details?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

stonecutter

This might be off topic ...but... if Chicki is from "elsewhere" time and the aging process could be very different... secondly...(and this might be from the next page)where Chicki picks out the next movie, at the bottom it says insert trendy directors name here... for monster and horror "there can be only one" and that is John Carpenter...  ;-3

Eboreg

Quote from: stonecutter on December 01, 2015, 01:03:40 PM
...secondly...(and this might be from the next page)where Chicki picks out the next movie, at the bottom it says insert trendy directors name here... for monster and horror "there can be only one" and that is John Carpenter...  ;-3

What a pleb. It's definitely Michael Bay. Only he could do an abomination like this.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Merlin

Nah it's clearly Anthony C. Ferrante, indomitable director of the instant ""classic"" Sharknado. >:3

Delian Williams

I expected the "boring documentary" to show up again :3

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Prroul

Quote from: Eboreg on December 01, 2015, 07:40:39 PM
Quote from: stonecutter on December 01, 2015, 01:03:40 PM
...secondly...(and this might be from the next page)where Chicki picks out the next movie, at the bottom it says insert trendy directors name here... for monster and horror "there can be only one" and that is John Carpenter...  ;-3

What a pleb. It's definitely Michael Bay. Only he could do an abomination like this.
After what he has done to my childhood? My bet's on this as well. He has much to answer for.

Scow2

Quote from: AzureEdge on November 24, 2015, 12:49:11 AM

The bigger question is "Could the Creature Council do anything to stop it?" Or does JyCorp need to get weapons and power armor under development in a need to go all Starship Troopers on the new 'cubi bugs for the sake of every other species.