2015/09/19 Tupenny Man page 09

Started by stonecutter, September 18, 2015, 11:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonecutter

It must really be strange to suddenly find out that you are either a cyborg or an android. (Begs the question, when, if ever, were they:"Project Future" going to tell him?) Tho' the night vision and HUD really come in handy.
Seeing the display color on the HUD I knew immediately that it was not a Cyberdyne Systems product <GRIN>  

Tapewolf

Quote from: stonecutter on September 18, 2015, 11:29:21 PM
It must really be strange to suddenly find out that you are either a cyborg or an android. (Begs the question, when, if ever, were they:"Project Future" going to tell him?) Tho' the night vision and HUD really come in handy.
Seeing the display color on the HUD I knew immediately that it was not a Cyberdyne Systems product <GRIN>  

Nah, the Cyberdyne system displays 6502 instructions down the side.  Rather impressive that they got his brain to fit in 64KB.

Chronology-wise, this was originally included in the final two Project Future chapters, but I decided that it worked better as a side-story set at some point between PF and Epsilon.  It always felt rather tacked-on.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Yeah, you would think you would know if you had died. Niall didn't die, I think he just got a temporary transplant.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2015, 06:57:47 AM
Nah, the Cyberdyne system displays 6502 instructions down the side.  Rather impressive that they got his brain to fit in 64KB.

Arguably (and I'll always be up for arguing, right?) it might be some of the extraneous systems that are running on 6502 hardware, and the chatter down the side of the screen is merely monitoring of those subsystems...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears