Asking for bomb advice (admin note: non-explosive)

Started by thegayhare, August 31, 2015, 05:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hi Hi all

As some folks know I am building a Ork warbike. Now I figured Mounting prop Shootahs and Rock it lawnchers, on the bike would be just begging for police trouble.

But I wanted something to show propper orky meaness. So I made 2 of these. nose con to bottome they are about 2 feet long made of three dollars of dollar store plastics and some PVA foam. Thee are storage containers that will be hanging from my 50 cal ammo box saddle bags. I figured I'd store emergancy stuff in there, stuff I don't need often, rain gear, first aid kit, break down kit and some small tools. you open them by unscrewing the nose cone.

When don the fins will be black, it'll have a orky checker pattern with some ork glyphs or a shark toothed ork grin painted on the front

So what I wanted to know is do you think these will look to, Real? think this is gonna cause me trouble?

PS I have another container and bowl I'm gonna paint black and make into a bullet bill cookie jar

PPS  Do you think I've earned the right to declare my elf a mad scientest yet  or am I still just a miffed tinker

llearch n'n'daCorna

They might look real. I think you'd get away with mounting real ones on a pushbike, though, as there's no way to deliver them without being within the MSD when they go off.

Which is a properly Orkish way of delivering them, mind.

But it does mean the police are likely to, at worst, stop you and ask you what they are, and possibly ask you to repaint them to avoid scaring the populace.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Merlin

Definitely needs more dakka.

I dunno if they'll look too real, I guess it depends on what they look like together with the bike.

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 01, 2015, 09:32:47 AM
They might look real. I think you'd get away with mounting real ones on a pushbike, though, as there's no way to deliver them without being within the MSD when they go off.

Which is a properly Orkish way of delivering them, mind.

LOL  I think Orks would get a kick out of dropping bombs like this,  using the explosion as a speed boost, and getting dat cool riding away from da blast ting wif out looking back.

okay what I decided to do is this.

I took the above picture,  and emailed it with a detailed explanation that these are not real, made with cheap plastics, and pva foam, to the local police department.  I stated they were made to dangle from a customized set of panniers on a mountain bike and would contain stuff like a first aid kit, rain gear and the like.   When finished they would have some more detailing painted on them including a big cartoony shark toothed grin.  

I asked if they felt what I had would look to real and those cause people to feel threatened.  Its not my intent to scare anyone just be a little weird

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's a remarkably sane way of approaching things. Good plan.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

In the mean time I'm finishing the build of one bomb...  even though I have built the fins for the second

I'll get the one all built and painted.  and if I haven't heard from them I'll walk it down to get there opinion on the finished project.

LOL  you should have seen the look on my step dads face when he walked by my room to see me drilling holes into the bottom of a cereal bowl.