PETA - Hypocritical? Yeah. [R/NC-17]

Started by Arcalane, September 11, 2006, 07:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Quote from: Toric on September 13, 2006, 06:02:22 PM
As for Sheridan's vid, I love how they pointed out the fact that a VP of PETA is diabetic, thus using insulin derived from animal research to live, and yet she opposes medical research on animals.

She says, and quote; "...her meds still contain some animal products."

Also;

"I don't see myself as a hypocrite, I need my life to fight for the rights of animals."

Stupid woman. :rolleyes

It's interesting to see how many developments they reel off as a list of cures developed with the help of animal research.

Zedd

Im still punching the damn cow,sheep and even some golden cocks!

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 14, 2006, 05:23:06 AM
I prefer the god that PTerry came up with.

BTW - you're fond of that marquee effect, aren't you? :-)

i constantly read Terry Pratchett, and the marquee effect is because i cant find the tag for 'quote' on this forum. if you had seen me in any other forum ive ever been to i have the annoying habbit of placing a random quote (often from TP) at the end of every single post

i would also like to take this time to point out that at the rate things are going white american males will no longer be second class citizens (seeing as how women, every single 'minority' {'minority' making up about 70% of the US population}), and every religious group other then christians can claim discrimination and are preffered and occasionally quotad when hiring and quite frequently even given lenient measures in legal enforcement (or even just let go cause they dont wanna deal with "its because im ____ isnt it? ill SUE!"). it seems that white american men will now be about sixth class citizens, ranking somewhere above rats but somewhere below sheep

In the beginning the universe was created. This was generally considered a bad move and made a lot of people very angry
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

vulpesweasel

>.>Just thought II'd throw my two cents in as well. Just a few years back, it was PETA who was saying that ferrets were "wild aimals and needed to be in the wild" despite the OBVIOUS fact that ferrets will 99% of the time die within the first two days in the wild, due to their small size and the fact that they suffer heatstrokes in temparatures over 80 degrees Fahrenheit. :paranoid That and they jump the gun so quickly on things, is why i cancelled my membership. >:3

Tiger_T

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on September 15, 2006, 05:08:54 AM
i constantly read Terry Pratchett, and the marquee effect is because i cant find the tag for 'quote' on this forum. if you had seen me in any other forum ive ever been to i have the annoying habbit of placing a random quote (often from TP) at the end of every single post

Try:
[quote]..............[/quote]

(just click this --> Icon in the BBC tags bar)

For more info go [here]
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Rowne

I honestly don't know what purpose PETA serve, they're a fanaticist bunch, really and they only end up damaging animal rights rather than promoting them.  It's like somewhere along the line they just lost their way and forgot it was about protecting less fortunate critters and instead it became about annoying people because they had nothing better to do.

There was a thread about it on the NationStates forums and the utter lack of regard that people had for animal rights because of PETA was disgusting.  It took the wise words of the board's anarchists (they always seem to step in as the mediators) to point out that people should care more about the message than the group promoting it.

It just saddens me really, they only serve to defeat themselves.  I can't help but wish they'd go away so the truly helpful and subtle animal rights groups could take the limelight instead.