Another Birth!

Started by Dishonored, July 25, 2015, 04:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dishonored

I know, I'm lousy with updating with pictures, so I won't even promise this time.
On Wednesday, my main mama cat Domino had five big, healthy kittens. Four have grey tabby smudges on top of their heads, while the fifth (whom I'm calling Trapjaw) has a grey tabby lower jaw.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

VAE

Aww, congratulations to mamma cat, send her some fish x3
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Dishonored

Thanks! She's already getting extra canned food to build her up.
Sadly, one of the kittens died. No clear cause, but everything points to the excessive heat we've been having. Domino is too feral to be brought inside, so there's no really good way to cool them off more than they already are in the shade under the old wood platform where they are.
Considered a fan, but I don't happen to have a two-acre-long extension cord.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

ZacAttac21

Ice. Try to get a bunch of ice in their nest.

Dishonored

Ice was a good idea. The rain that came through last night helped a lot too. Thanks!

VAE

This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Dishonored

I appreciate it, but I'm on dialup. YouTube pretty much kills my connection.

VAE

Quote from: Dishonored on July 30, 2015, 11:10:35 AM
I appreciate it, but I'm on dialup. YouTube pretty much kills my connection.

Ah
Basically popsicles for cats. Take tinned tuna ,or even cat food, mix with water, put in a blender, freeze, then toss a few into bowl to play with, lick and refresh self.
Saphroneth

Dishonored

Neat! I'll have to try that!
And as of last night, the kitten count is down to three. No clue what happened to the missing one, but it's not in the old or new nest she moved them to. The remaining three are still healthy, and one has its' eyes open a bit. (I'm looking at them from a distance, so it's not easy to spot everything. LOL)

Dishonored

Rise fwom your gwaave!

See other posts as to why I'm slow updating this. Third kitten died, but the last two are doing well, strong and healthy, eyes open. Named one Nuke because she sort of explodes when she sees you: "PFWAA!"

My mama cat Baby had five kittens, but in true Baby style she neglected them until all five died. Luckily it was fairly quick.

On a more amazing note, my mama cat Eany (Yes, THAT Eany!) looked a bit fat for a few days. We came home around 5 PM, and found she had a kitten. I brought both inside, settled them in a nice cozy kitty cage, all was good.
Around 5 this morning I took Chiana out for doggy business, and heard crying. I put her inside, went looking...and found Eany's OTHER kitten out in the yard, placenta still attached, cold and hungry but strong. I took it inside to be with Eany and found blood in the box.
...Eany had another kitten in the ten minutes I wasn't looking.

So Eany currently has three sweet, happy kittens, two calicos and a white, born at least twelve hours apart. Sometimes, when you really need it, life throws you a smile.