A music recommendation

Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 09:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilary

Oh, my god.

Ohhhhh dear.

Now I need a new computer screen.

On a random note, I just listened to INXS's album 'Switch.' I like it a lot, even though I have no clue who the heck INXS is.  'Afterglow' is good... so are 'Hungry' and 'Devil's Party.' Really, the whole thing rocks. The use of the saxaphone was kind of unexpected, but definitely cool sounding.

Kasarn

INXS started 30 years ago.

Of course, the 80's were their time and Michael Hutchence (lead singer) killed himself a decade ago so they've been pretty quiet until their recent stint at reality television (where they got their new lead singer).

But at least INXS is still INXS... unlike some other old bands with only one original member.

bill

Quote from: Kasarn on August 24, 2006, 03:28:27 AM
But at least INXS is still INXS... unlike some other old bands with only one original member.
Well... there are some bands that kick ass with only one original member...
*whistles*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Doesn't EVERYONE wanna know what I just bought?

Hilary

Quote from: Kasarn on August 24, 2006, 03:28:27 AM
Of course, the 80's were their time and Michael Hutchence (lead singer) killed himself a decade ago so they've been pretty quiet until their recent stint at reality television (where they got their new lead singer).
Ohhh yeah... that 'Rockstar' thingum. *spots them on the cover of January's 'Guitar Player'*

*EDIT* And three cheers for Tool. ^^ I like 'Vicarious' especially...

bill

^
Nice personal text, BTW. Brilliant song.

Hilary

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 24, 2006, 11:29:44 PM
^
Nice personal text, BTW. Brilliant song.

Ineed it it is. ^^ It makes me want to yell. A lot.

I just bought 'Say I Am You' by the Weepies, and I love it. I'm surprised-- it really isn't my kinda thing. But it's wonderful.

bill

Just bought:

200 Mo-foin' minutes of live Rush, including an unabriged preformance of 2112, and a 1978 AFTK concert! Fuckin' A!

The Lurking Dragon

A few of my personal favorite bands besides Pink Floyd and Genesis:
Steve Miller band
Dire Straits
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
CCR
plus more =)
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

bill

I just made my first ProgArchives review! It stinks! :D
http://www.progarchives.com/
(different stages)

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 09, 2006, 09:24:55 PM
I just made my first ProgArchives review! It stinks! :D
Oh my.  Was it that bad?
**EDIT**
Oh, you meant the review, not the album.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

Just ordered:

Yes, I'm in a Rush impulse purchase mood. Heard Counterparts was by far their best 1990's album, though. And, I've been planning to get AFTK for a while.

bill

I've heard that used in my school without repercussion...

Saist

For those who like Melodic Metal, try looking up Impellitteri Chris is considered one of, if not the, fastest Shred Style guitar players in the world.

Former Impellitteri Vocalist, Rob Rock, went solo a few years back. His latest offerings lack the insane guitar speed that Chris Impellitteri used to back him with, but the vocals are still in the realm of Boston or Bon Jovi.

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 10, 2006, 09:32:04 PM
Just ordered:
A Farewell To Kings

I thought you'd already bought that one.

By the way, when you run out of Rush albums, try to get Singularity's first album - it's fairly similar to some of their 1980s output.  Some people call it 'the lost Rush album' :P

The only 1990s one I have is 'Roll the Bones', mostly on the strength of 'Dreamline' after I saw it live in Manchester.  Bought it the following morning in fact.  'Roll the Bones' itself has some charms too, and I like 'Neurotica'.  After that it gets a little patchy.  I guess I miss the analogue synths from the 70s and 80s.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hilary

Quote from: Leafar on September 10, 2006, 09:45:53 PM
hey kid, watch your language... :tsk
Yeah, with all these 'young, impressionable children' around... heh.

The band 'Blue October' is making me pretty happy right now. Especially 'The Sound of Pulling Heaven Down.'

Leafar

Quote from: Hilary on September 12, 2006, 06:46:48 PM
Quote from: Leafar on September 10, 2006, 09:45:53 PM
hey kid, watch your language... :tsk
Yeah, with all these 'young, impressionable children' around... heh.

The band 'Blue October'

oh my boys band!!!!!!! :U