2015/06/16 [DMFA #1582] - Fallen leaders

Started by MT Hazard, June 16, 2015, 05:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Methinks the dragons were involved in making ascension to clan leader more difficult, so it was the fact that Cyra managed to do it at all was what caused the dragons to attack, not just the method she used to do it.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 16, 2015, 05:53:41 AM
Methinks the dragons were involved in making ascension to clan leader more difficult, so it was the fact that Cyra managed to do it at all was what caused the dragons to attack, not just the method she used to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised.  I suspect it would take something on the order of the Fae or Dragons to achieve a change at the cosmic level like that.
Or it could be something completely unrelated, e.g. Nicky's method of achieving immortality turns out to be the magical equivalent of damming the river and messing up the people downstream.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Liatai

... I can't be the only one who wants to know more about every single 'cubi shown in this strip, right? Especially the fallen ones?

Shadowdancer

Quote from: Liatai on June 16, 2015, 06:45:38 AM
... I can't be the only one who wants to know more about every single 'cubi shown in this strip, right? Especially the fallen ones?

Congratulations! You have been "Mabbed". Welcome, welcome. Leave your sanity at the door and come on in!  :mowmeep
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Tuyu

Wheee...name the leaders.

Have we seen all of them before?  I can name eight, plus there's one other whose name I can't remember. That leaves four I have no idea about.

Liatai

Shadowdancer -- Haha... you're years too late to welcome me to that club. XP

Tuyu - Going from left to right, top to bottom, we have...
Unknown Unknown
Taun Quoar Kish'ta
Unknown/Unknown Piflak
Dimanika Hrienth Seme
Unknown Fa'lina Siar

Cassi-kun

I managed to pick out all the ones that've been shown before, when the sketch was up! I thought the rabbit was gonna be Jin, though. Maybe it's one of her sisters?
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Amber Williams

Nah.  Legend-wise, the two at the top are considered to be the first two cubi who ever managed to ascend to tri-wing.  Super-legend wise they're considered sort of the founders of the Cubi race.

Merlin

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 16, 2015, 04:12:48 PM
Nah.  Legend-wise, the two at the top are considered to be the first two cubi who ever managed to ascend to tri-wing.  Super-legend wise they're considered sort of the founders of the Cubi race.

Excellent! I was wondering about them two, 'specially as they appear to have inverted colours of each other

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 16, 2015, 04:12:48 PM
Oooooh... Neat!

Sometimes I feel so out of the loop on DMFA canon hahaha. People will just be like "oh hey it's the thing" and I didn't even know there WAS  a thing and I feel like a bad fan.

ZacAttac21

That panel is totally wallpaper material.

Jasonrevall

Man those re-balancing patches always hit so hard. Please nerf Fae OP
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tuyu

Quote from: Liatai on June 16, 2015, 02:41:01 PM
Tuyu - Going from left to right, top to bottom, we have...
Unknown Unknown
Taun Quoar Kish'ta
Unknown/Unknown Piflak
Dimanika Hrienth Seme
Unknown Fa'lina Siar
Hrienth was the one I couldn't put a name to.  Aaryanna's clan, right?

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tuyu on June 16, 2015, 08:51:08 PMHrienth was the one I couldn't put a name to.  Aaryanna's clan, right?
Yup. Pain/lust affiliation.

Howl

Somehow I wager Quoar is a sprout of the top two.

HaDDea

I want the double-headed one to be Primadi, Dimanika's sister clan, because it would make about as much sense as anything involving Dimanika  :U

Yeah, it seems that (based on Mink's report) the last major wave of Clan Leaders was about 20k years ago (apart from handovers, which seem to be easier). Cyra really is an anomaly. I wonder what happened 20 000 years ago that suddenly made it that much more difficult to achieve triwing status?

Hm... wouldn't Owona's destruction have released a massive backlash of energy itself? I imagine Triwing souls have considerable magical energy bound up in them (which would be why takeovers/handovers are much easier).

We also know about what happened during Cyra's ascension - and that things didn't go as Cyra planned (including her family's affinity for pain and the resulting war that ensued). We do know that some dragons are dabbling in soul magic. Beyond that, we haven't heard much about the dragons and their agenda for Furrae yet.

Tuyu

ISTR that sometime, someplace, while discussing clan quirks, a two-headed clan was mentioned in passing, but I have no idea when that might have been. Could've been one of Fluffy's explanations, or it might have been between Dan and someone.

Tarakona

Seme and Siar snuggling is insanely adorable. Thanks Amber for doing such an awesome compilation.

e_voyager

why do i think that we should read that last line is the same voice and tone as "along came a spider" ?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

berkinix

Quote from: Tarakona on June 17, 2015, 06:00:04 AM
Seme and Siar snuggling is insanely adorable.

Absolutely! I've been waiting years for Amber to draw these two together! Since way back when she posted up the Clan Leader pages, actually. It was well worth the wait! :heart

Kibin

I am really curious now as to how an apparent dragon cubi would work.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Kibin on June 18, 2015, 09:12:09 PM
I am really curious now as to how an apparent dragon cubi would work.
I'm guessing the parents would have to be a combo of relatively weak dragon / strong cubi? Since the Hybrid Genetics page on Cubi states that "Cubi half breeds only seem to work if the Cubi is the more powerful of the two" and that doing otherwise "usually" results in a non-Cubi.

Peptobislawl

Quote from: HaDDea on June 17, 2015, 12:44:10 AM
I want the double-headed one to be Primadi, Dimanika's sister clan, because it would make about as much sense as anything involving Dimanika  :U
For some reason I always imagined Primadi to be Didi's literal sister on top of leading a sister clan. Though I have no evedence besides "sure why not".

I'm probably busy not doing anything right now.