HYL 3-9

Started by Scow2, February 20, 2015, 12:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scow2

Alas, I know it won't happen like this, but the RIGHT thing for the 'cubi Commander to do is kill Keaton right here - he was sent to investigate a murder. They found a witness to the murder (Jacob), and the culprit, and the culprit killed one of the enforcers. Unfortunately, he had to bungle it by threatening the surviving being (Instead of using him as a witness to confirm events) Jacob's status as an accomplice, though, is murkier.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Scow2 on February 20, 2015, 12:25:03 PM
Alas, I know it won't happen like this, but the RIGHT thing for the 'cubi Commander to do is kill Keaton right here - he was sent to investigate a murder. They found a witness to the murder (Jacob), and the culprit, and the culprit killed one of the enforcers. Unfortunately, he had to bungle it by threatening the surviving being (Instead of using him as a witness to confirm events) Jacob's status as an accomplice, though, is murkier.

He can't kill her, not under these circumstances. He's Clan Taun, which means his job is to preserve and defend the 'Cubi race. Clan Taun don't kill other 'Cubi unless they have to...

Tapewolf

Unfortunately, he had to bungle it by threatening the surviving being (Instead of using him as a witness to confirm events) Jacob's status as an accomplice, though, is murkier.

I'm just going to leave this here.

http://www.projectfuturecomic.com/stuff/things/the_truth.png

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Scow2

Quote from: CubiKitsune on February 20, 2015, 02:19:49 PM

He can't kill her, not under these circumstances. He's Clan Taun, which means his job is to preserve and defend the 'Cubi race. Clan Taun don't kill other 'Cubi unless they have to...
Keaton is a threat to the security of the 'cubi race, long and short-term.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Scow2 on February 22, 2015, 02:10:39 AM

Technically, Daryil is taking her in hand; she's only a threat at the time of the current story, as later she gets reigned in. So I'd argue the long-term aspects of that statement...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Scow2

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 23, 2015, 08:11:24 AM
Quote from: Scow2 on February 22, 2015, 02:10:39 AM

Technically, Daryil is taking her in hand; she's only a threat at the time of the current story, as later she gets reigned in. So I'd argue the long-term aspects of that statement...
She is currently a long-term threat.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It depends on how long-term you're thinking, really. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Merlin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 23, 2015, 04:57:55 PM
It depends on how long-term you're thinking, really. :-P

Ya beat me to it... but yeah, considering how long 'cubi live, I wonder what qualifies as long-term for them? I would have thought Taun would take the long, looooong view in her estimations when protecting rare 'cubi clans like Jyraneth. But then, tri-wings are weird, possibly another matter altogether.