Bunny Projects upcomming (possible novel Idea... and maybe more)

Started by thegayhare, February 02, 2015, 03:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

hi hi all

I know I haven't posted much in my Art thread lately  and here I am starting a new one.    I I plan in the future to post future builds, props and physical items in that thread.  This is going to be dedicated to my writting projects.   I'm hopping to start producing more content in the future by following a motivational device I learned of in order to make the time to write or work on projects into an ingrained habit.

But thats neither here nor there.  For now  I want to get folks opinions on a possible story or novel Idea I came up with.   I know I've posted these before,  with my zombie idea, and my alternate earth populated by fantasy races embroiled in ww2 idea...  and I still like those  and hole to come back to them.   Hopefully if this motivational Idea works  I'll be able to do more with them.  But for now I have a new concept I want your opinion on if you don't mind.

The Idea is for a secret organization (possibly with a UN mandate)  based around monitoring and responding to incidents of fairy activity on earth.

Now I don't see this as a MIB esk idea where the fairies freely mix with the humans under a masquerade with this police force maintaining that and taking care of trouble makers.   In this scenario I have the masquerade enforced because humanity as a whole is not prepared for the shear overbearing threat the fae would be if it came to a out right war.   

The fairies are directly and indirectly responsible for most supernatural legends as the grain of truth in the heart of all of them.  some like vampires would be based on blood stealing/drinking fae (which there are a lot of)  and this would also explain how regonaily vampires have many differances since fairies are such a varied species. 

Now the fairies arnt evil just indiffernt to humans and so alien our morality cant be applied.  part of this would come across in there language which is impossible for humans to understand.  this is because while we can get all the verbal and visial cues that make up the languege  there is some intrinsic part of it that we simply can not detect becasue we simply don't have the organs for it.   While they see us as lesser life forms, barly more clever then the monkies we evolved from they can lower themselves to speak our languages. 

there is no concerted effort by them to conqure earth mostly we seem to get the experimenters who wonder what happens if I pull this string,  or the perverts who like to visit us evolved monkies for a bit of strange leaving behind a ticking time bomb in the form of a changling...  I say seem because we have no way of knowing why they do anything, and really cant trust anything they tell us even if we wanted to simply because we don't know how much is lost in translation. 

The organisation responds to visits by the fae quickly,  if they are doing something seemingly harmless they are simply monitered and left to there devices with the strike team ready to interviene (this does some times bite us  in the ass but how could we understand that the being whittling that flute would cause such a terrible drought once it was played)  if they are out right hostile they are confronted directly in an attempt to drive them back...  generaly with much loss of life... on our side.

I wanted to name the Organisation G.R.I.M.M.  I felt since were dealling with fairy tales a acknowlagement to the Brothers would be apropriate.  The Acronym stands for Global Rapid-Reaction to Incursion by Metaphysical Materials (not quite happy with that second m word if anyone has a better one feel free to sugest it.)   I also know its a silly name so I was thinking of one of the agents lampshade it

Quote"The organization has existed in one form or another for hundreds or years.   Our current mandate stems from shortly after world war 2 when the various agencies were intergrated into a single organisation to make us more effective on a world wide front.   our current name also comes from that time as well."

"what is the name?"

" Global Rapid-Reaction to Incursions by Metaphysical Materials  or GRIMM for short..."

"...   Really?"

"Yes well its a product of the time...  movie serials, comic books, and the like  they probably felt a secret organisation needed a meaning full acronym Sheild, Uncle ,and Chaos  stuff like that was all over...  frankly we got off lucky"

so what do you folk think.