had a discovery while on the operating table

Started by Brunhidden, November 02, 2014, 12:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

bright and early Friday morning i got my Halloween off to a start with a vasectomy. yeah, this is off to a good start

the good news- my week of anxiety was well founded

the bad news- i just discovered that i am resistant to anesthesia

yeeeaaah, hearing the doctor say 'oh, you should not have been able to feel that' is never good, its hard to think of a worse time then during surgery.... with knives in your balls, a couple times. they had to reapply the needle four times to compensate.

don't mean to be a complainer, but this does rank as the second worst pain ive had next to the OTHER time anesthesia failed when i had tooth extraction. i kinda hope people can actually find this funny even, heck i was trying to crack jokes while they were operating though i was a bit preoccupied at the time.

well, now the bullets are out of the gun, if you want to contribute some relevant jokes feel welcome to join in. frankly im surprised ive passed the 36 hour mark of feeling like ive been kicked in the balls repeatedly and not lashed out at anyone, and now that im able to walk again id like to keep good humor about it.

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

ZacAttac21

Yeesh. I'd rather just buy condoms and take the risk.

Dishonored

I have the same problem with anesthesia. You have my deepest, most utter sympathies, Brunhidden.

But I know from observation that if your doctor told you to sit on your tail and do nothing, follow his advice. Friend of the family was told that, thought he could do light work around the house, ended up in some pretty hefty pain from it.

Heal swiftly and well.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Given how the cat we had some *counts on fingers* 18 years ago responded when we had him cut (we got him young enough that they couldn't do it yet, or so I heard at the time. From the RSPCA in NZ, naturally), I'd say sitting down and not doing much is an excellent plan.

... Oh. Erm, he came home, we were told he'd be a bit woozy for a day or so. He staggered in, found a corner, and fell over in it, with a very confused look on his face. I think my brother summed it up as "what the hell happened? Did anyone get the number of that truck?" sort of combo. Two days later he was still unsteady on his paws.

Lovely cat, though; I don't think he even scratched anyone over it, just sort of lay there looking shocked. I still miss him.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

"you should not have been able to feel that" - ugh, I had the same thing, at a tooth extraction at least, I started humming Titanic theme to get me through it before the dentist decided to just quit trying with the local anaesthetic and scheduled a full surgery with general, which went well thankfully.

I can't imagine how bad it was for you Brun, glad you're emerging for it in relatively decent form. Hope you recover well, and all the best!