Chicken Love

Started by thegayhare, August 22, 2014, 12:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

hi hi all

now the main reason I started this post was so I could show off this picture

Ive jokingly titled Lesbian Chicks
This is Lizzy and Spooky
I've spotted these two snuggled up like this several times and we do get several eggs in the same nest or box.   so it seems like some girls like to lay with company.

I really like having the girls around.  Its odd, in some ways they are as chicken as you'd expect,  I had one panic and run for the bushes yesterday when she heard a train whistle blow on the other side of town,  but then again they also tend to block me when I'm mowing the lawn... its embarrassing to have to wait for a chicken to get out of the way whne you bearing down on them with a loud power mower. 

its just fun to sit there and watch them in the yard.  I've even had one rub against my legs, and Gabby once hopped into my lap.   Lizzy even lets me pick her up and carry her around she coos softly when I pet her neck.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Are you getting clucky, TGH? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Janus Whitefurr

Crazy Chicken Bunny doesn't have the same ring as Crazy Cat Lady....
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 22, 2014, 03:40:42 PM
... Are you getting clucky, TGH? ;-]

LOL. Could be lllearch.  It's just soo nice to have some one else around during the days.  Even if they poop all over the place.   They even almost play catch, I throw the ball for the dog and the girls run like he'll to try and beat him to it.   They think it's food.

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 23, 2014, 10:14:16 AM
Crazy Chicken Bunny doesn't have the same ring as Crazy Cat Lady....

Well the cat part fits too plus my 22 year old black cat has finally gotten used to then... Yesterday all six were on the porch and the cat marched out stood on the top step and stared them down....  I was so proud of my scaredy cat

Merlin

Quote from: thegayhare on August 22, 2014, 12:20:34 PM
hi hi all

now the main reason I started this post was so I could show off this picture

Heheh, chickens are the best pets! It's always good when you get a pair that get along so nicely. I've got three at the moment, but they're all bolshy. Your girls are gorgeous! What breed are they? They look like Australorps.

thegayhare

Quote from: Merlin on August 25, 2014, 04:09:22 AM

Heheh, chickens are the best pets! It's always good when you get a pair that get along so nicely. I've got three at the moment, but they're all bolshy. Your girls are gorgeous! What breed are they? They look like Australorps.

My girls are all road island reds.  And all around good girls.  And your right they do make good pets