2014/08/01 - [DMFA #1505] Valuable sibling currency.

Started by Drakkenmensch, August 01, 2014, 11:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakkenmensch

The one in which Biggs asks what Wildy desires in return of a blank check signed in her own blood.

Sounds totally legit.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bwahahahahahahaha!

The timespan taken for Biggs to get there is awesome. And his tail! *snerk*

... I can't help but think that Wildy...

... nah. I'll wait and see what happens.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AzureEdge

If it wasn't for the fact they are siblings, I'd be worried about the implications the kind of face Biggs is making makes me think of. So I wonder if this will be asking for help on the issue with Abel, and if so, Nitemyst is a damn jerk for not contacting Wildy to tell her that he and her reputation are safe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AzureEdge on August 01, 2014, 10:23:35 PM
If it wasn't for the fact they are siblings, I'd be worried about the implications the kind of face Biggs is making makes me think of. So I wonder if this will be asking for help on the issue with Abel, and if so, Nitemyst is a damn jerk for not contacting Wildy to tell her that he and her reputation are safe.

Oh. Erm. That might be why he's hunting down an answer at the risk of his life.

"...not safe yet."

LordViking

I kinda forgot what the policy is on this forum about speculating and possible spoilers, but ...
[spoiler]Is it just me or does Biggs's hair looks a lighter shade of pink in the last panel? Destania has impersonated Biggs before with just the haircolor being different. I forgot if she was lighter or darker back then though.[/spoiler]

ZacAttac21

Quote from: LordViking on August 02, 2014, 09:20:39 PM
I kinda forgot what the policy is on this forum about speculating and possible spoilers, but ...
[spoiler]Is it just me or does Biggs's hair looks a lighter shade of pink in the last panel? Destania has impersonated Biggs before with just the haircolor being different. I forgot if she was lighter or darker back then though.[/spoiler]

I sure hope speculation is allowed, 'cuz I do it a lot...

Anyway, here's a couple of pages that should help you: 1 and 2.

Valkeiper2012

What does Wildy need?

The keys to his teleportation rig.

Tapewolf

The catch with Biggs being Destania is that Destania cannot return to Lost Lake for some reason (possibly relating to the void event though there is nothing to support that idea).  As Biggs pointed out, whatever prevents her from going is strong enough to force her to rely on intermediaries instead of murdering Abel by herself - which appears to be her normal modus operandi.

It can't be as simple as disguising herself as Biggs being enough to let her visit Lost Lake, otherwise she could have murdered Abel disguised as the gazelle or any other fictional persona.  And given the risks she has taken on Abel's part, I'm pretty sure she'd have jumped at the chance to kill him herself if she could.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadowdancer

We are speculating wildly enough as is, but purely to jump on the bandwagon, are we sure Wildy is phoning from Lost Lake?
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadowdancer on August 03, 2014, 04:38:59 PM
We are speculating wildly enough as is, but purely to jump on the bandwagon, are we sure Wildy is phoning from Lost Lake?

Good catch.  The walls look like the ones in the lost lake basement, but if it was the basement it probably wouldn't have a front door like that.  So yeah, it's probably Wildy's home, in which case, all bets are off.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 03, 2014, 05:08:28 PM

Good catch.  The walls look like the ones in the lost lake basement, but if it was the basement it probably wouldn't have a front door like that.  So yeah, it's probably Wildy's home, in which case, all bets are off.

Honestly, I had assumed that she's calling from her house from the beginning because if you look behind Biggs, you'll notice a house-like building in the background.  IIRC, there are no buildings neighboring the Lost Lake Inn, just the lake itself and a forest with a path leading up to the inn.  However, another detail is that the door she's opening looks different from the Lost Lake Inn's front door, but it also looks different from the front door of her house, unless that door is the rear or side door of her house or she recently had her front door replaced.  Another detail from that latter link is that her house has (or had) interior walls that are more cyan colored, whereas the walls here are more green colored.  Hopefully we'll have a better idea of where they are by the next page.

Icon by Sunblink

AzureEdge

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 02, 2014, 02:37:03 AM
Quote from: AzureEdge on August 01, 2014, 10:23:35 PM

Oh. Erm. That might be why he's hunting down an answer at the risk of his life.

"...not safe yet."

I was mainly referring to the fact that Nite learned that the Oracle who told him Abel killed Merlitz was a fake that murdered the real one they were impersonating. Kind of hard to consider the information from someone like that as being reliable, let alone true.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AzureEdge on August 04, 2014, 12:21:25 AM
I was mainly referring to the fact that Nite learned that the Oracle who told him Abel killed Merlitz was a fake that murdered the real one they were impersonating. Kind of hard to consider the information from someone like that as being reliable, let alone true.

They learned (falsely) who killed. Not that he had been killed - that was picked up from the fact that his stone is dark.

Which doesn't _necessarily_ mean Merlitz is dead, just that he's either dead or behind some powerful magic. Take your pick as to which situation generates the most insanity and fun and games. :-/

LordViking

Quote from: CubiKitsune on August 03, 2014, 12:42:57 AM
Quote from: LordViking on August 02, 2014, 09:20:39 PM

I sure hope speculation is allowed, 'cuz I do it a lot...

Anyway, here's a couple of pages that should help you: 1 and 2.
That helped. Looking at the second linked page the darker shaded hair looks to be Destania. So in today's page Destania was on the phone, but Biggs showed up at Wildy's place. Destania invasion crisis averted.

Hariman

Hmm. I wonder if this request from Wildy is going to conflict with Destania's plans and cause the start of a "Xanatos Pileup" of many gambits and plans colliding in a comedic yet dramatic fashion.

Okay, maybe I went from "Speculation" to "Wanting to see that happen" somewhere in that sentence. See if you can spot where! ;D
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

lemurvid

Quote from: LordViking on August 04, 2014, 06:31:00 AM
That helped. Looking at the second linked page the darker shaded hair looks to be Destania. So in today's page Destania was on the phone, but Biggs showed up at Wildy's place. Destania invasion crisis averted.
No no no, it's not Destania, for the simple reason that it breaks Roger Rabbit's First Rule of Comedy. Biggs could only do the Impossible Instant Transfer trick when it was funny.
If it was Destania, it wouldn't be funny ('cos she's not) so the stunt wouldn't work.
"Aye canna break the laws of comedy, cap'n".

Actually, this may seem like I'm being flip, but in a meta kinda way it's true. The page doesn't work if it's Destania, because it's both impossible and not funny any more.

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 03, 2014, 05:08:28 PM

Good catch.  The walls look like the ones in the lost lake basement, but if it was the basement it probably wouldn't have a front door like that.  So yeah, it's probably Wildy's home, in which case, all bets are off.
Pink phone?

Wildy?

Prroul

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 04, 2014, 02:38:45 AM
Quote from: AzureEdge on August 04, 2014, 12:21:25 AM

They learned (falsely) who killed. Not that he had been killed - that was picked up from the fact that his stone is dark.

Which doesn't _necessarily_ mean Merlitz is dead, just that he's either dead or behind some powerful magic. Take your pick as to which situation generates the most insanity and fun and games. :-/
And I would also like to point out that if this 'void event' is strong enough to block the Oracle's Sight, it might also be strong enough to block the stones. In other words, Merl might not be dead, simply that the void event is masking his signal.

Also, it could well be that Biggs owes his sister BIG TIME and is happy that he can finally start to even out the books some. The fact that he has to mark this even on the calendar means this is a rare, perhaps even unique, event. So it could simply be a 'shoe on the other foot' kind of thing.