06/07/09 [DMFA #1012] - Lusar.

Started by Corgatha Taldorthar, June 06, 2009, 11:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

This one had me on the floor. I think Regina has been sufficiently punished, by my standards at least, for her whining annoyance, if not for the people she's apparantly killed.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

bradypodidae

Well, I guess she is getting in the experience to perhaps one day be the ultimate Domestic Demon Diva...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tezkat

Jy's got competition for DMFA's official punching bag! >:]

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Shadowcatcher

She doesn't have Devin to do her dirty work this time. DP's gonna know when she slacks.  :mowhappy

OminousShadow

She's the black sheep of the family it seems. No love for her what-so-ever. Only way it could be more obvious if she was a sheep instead of whatever she is.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Jairus

Quote from: Tezkat on June 06, 2009, 11:41:53 PM
Except when Jy suffers, we feel sorry for him. When Regina suffers, we laugh and point. Or is that just me?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

techmaster-glitch

Yeah. Jyrras is a woobie, not a punching bag.

Garsemor

Ok silly question. Who would win a fight Jy (+cutnes) or Regina.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Garsemor on June 07, 2009, 01:49:49 AM
Well, I think it depends. If Regina is angry at Jyrras, she wins hands down. If it's a random meeting, quite possibly Jy wins, but it would be something like this.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Jairus on June 07, 2009, 12:27:08 AM
Except when Jy suffers, we feel sorry for him. When Regina suffers, we laugh and point. Or is that just me?

No, It's not just you.  :giggle   It's called  Schadenfreude.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: modelincard on June 07, 2009, 02:08:44 AM
Well, I think it depends. If Regina is angry at Jyrras, she wins hands down. If it's a random meeting, quite possibly Jy wins, but it would be something like this.
Well, if Jyrras get to use his farming/mining equipment, I don't think a young demon would have any chance irregardless of temperment..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Turnsky

if fate /really/ wanted to punish Reggie in a poetic justice sort of way, she'd be mopping floors at Lost Lake.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jairus

Well, that depends. If it is a random encounter, Regina has the advantage. However, if Jy has time to prepare... he'd probably have a Regina-shaped smear on the foot of his Mecha Gryphon. And I know this is me and my love of powered armor speaking, but I still think that one of Jy's weapons is a suit of magitek/pure tech armor that gives him physical abilities on level with demons, all through the power of technology. You know, Iron Rat or something like that. Heck, it's what one of my physically-weak-mentally-strong characters does: designs and builds a suit of armor to compensate for his physical weaknesses. Well, I think it'd be cool...

EDIT: And he'd call it a "search and rescue" suit. With kinetic manipulators to move debris.

rhyfe2002

It would depend on what piece of household cleaning equipment Regina happens to be brandishing at the time. :D

Feather dusters FTW!   :mwaha

Garsemor

Actually if Deebs there's a chance of it ending like this http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_373.php.

Slacker Spice

It's not just you, though in my case, I have to admit that I don't do either.

(And just a side note - am I the only one who finds the shift from "we wanna see her [Regina]" to "we want her dead" kinda interesting [in a weird sort of way]?)

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Jairus

Quote from: Garsemor on June 07, 2009, 02:47:16 AM

Actually if Deebs there's a chance of it ending like this http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_373.php.
Well, Regina's favorite color is pink...

Quote from: Slacker Spice on June 07, 2009, 02:50:34 AM

(And just a side note - am I the only one who finds the shift from "we wanna see her [Regina]" to "we want her dead" kinda interesting [in a weird sort of way]?)
I thought it was hilarious how Amber seemed to have destroyed most people's ideas about Regina even though she set Regina up as a potential murderer in her one and only appearance. So, yeah, interesting is a good word.

Naldru

Quote from: Turnsky on June 07, 2009, 02:24:41 AM

if fate /really/ wanted to punish Reggie in a poetic justice sort of way, she'd be mopping floors at Lost Lake.  >:3
Alexsi did make a statement that she was looking for somebody to help with the work around Lost Lake, and Amber does like foreshadowing.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zaehlas

So, is it just me, or is the T-Shirt that Regina is wearing have a picture of Amber in her Amber-Wiku-Wiku caterpillar costume?

:mowcookie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zaehlas on June 07, 2009, 05:28:27 AM
So, is it just me, or is the T-Shirt that Regina is wearing have a picture of Amber in her Amber-Wiku-Wiku caterpillar costume?

I've heard it's Foxy Tangerine, but I haven't read that so I can't be sure.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

8) A Regina's work is never usually done by Regina ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Buhamet

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 07, 2009, 05:59:29 AM
Quote from: Zaehlas on June 07, 2009, 05:28:27 AM

I've heard it's Foxy Tangerine, but I haven't read that so I can't be sure.

Yeah it is, when we first saw Regina in the main comic, there was a link to the site.

Also, would Regina's disappearance with DP increase the potential of Devin turning up at Lost Lake? It'd mean he'd have more chores to do, and who knows, a chore might be to go to lost lake for some undisclosed reason.

inuhanyo

On TvTropes this is called "crossing the Moral Event Horizon".  I think it was "exploited Dan's trust to murder a dozen Beings" that did it, myself, but YMMV.  That and Regina's offended "why is he taking it so personally" attitude.

Wanderer

Well, she started as a mysterious (and apparently evil) but very pretty girl in a single flashback panel in Dan's thoughts. Her apparent overly cheerful attitude ("Danny! Come with me! We were meant to be together!") seemed fascinating when put at odds with the blood running from her hands. We wanted to know about her because of this. Somewhere along the many years since then, Amber apparently decided that panel was a lie, and thus we got grumpy, whiny, complainy psycho Regina instead. This new Regina is thoroughly unlikable, and can go die in a fire. If the old-school Regina ever shows up, though, someone let me know.

Shachza

Quote from: Wanderer on June 07, 2009, 12:39:12 PM

Well, she started as a mysterious (and apparently evil) but very pretty girl in a single flashback panel in Dan's thoughts. Her apparent overly cheerful attitude ("Danny! Come with me! We were meant to be together!") seemed fascinating when put at odds with the blood running from her hands. We wanted to know about her because of this. Somewhere along the many years since then, Amber apparently decided that panel was a lie, and thus we got grumpy, whiny, complainy psycho Regina instead. This new Regina is thoroughly unlikable, and can go die in a fire. If the old-school Regina ever shows up, though, someone let me know.

The two aren't incompatible.  We don't know all the details around her betrayal of Dan.
            <-- #1 that is!

Jairus

Quote from: Wanderer on June 07, 2009, 12:39:12 PM

She's grumpy, whiny, and complaining because she's living with her aunt and does chores and doesn't get to go out and slaughter people. She does not understand why Dan hates her, despite it being very clear for us and any character with a brain. In that panel, she has clearly injured or killed someone, and is blatantly cheerful about it, meaning she's been psycho from the beginning. And when we first see her in-strip, she's complaining that she doesn't get to have fun and kill people. So, no, that panel was not a lie, and Dan's recollection of her seems to be quite accurate to the spoiled psycho brat that Regina is, rather than the brooding mysterious figure that people apparently shipped with Dan.

I apologize for sounding a little spiteful, but I really never got the appeal of the character. By the time I came around, Abel's Story was well under way, and to me Regina was a clearly evil and unlikeable character from at least Dan's perspective. I didn't even know about the whole backstory war until much later, and learning Regina's whole horrible backstory now only makes me laugh.

Lucheek

I guess the main part was the intrigue. We knew she was going to show up in the comic, but all she had was a single panel. Just the long, long, time of speculating who she was, how she would play into the story, ect. I think threw up her rating. When she showed up, the mystery was lost.

How about Dan's Fiance from Comic 42? I bet most of you don't realy remember her. I bet when Regina's panel showed up so many moons ago, you guys would've forgotten her if it wasn't for the cast page. What if Amber said that Dan's Fiance would show up again? I know I would be very excited.

Psaakyrn

Also another point for Jyrras vs Regina: Jyrras is fully capable of dodging/escaping from a trained cubi without warning. I'd think a young untrained demon would have less capabilities than that.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Zedd

Well least shes useful when the moment comes!

Garsemor

Quote from: Lucheek on June 07, 2009, 01:38:24 PM
What if Amber said that Dan's Fiance would show up again? I know I would be very excited.

The one thing that could surprise me now would be to find out that Dan and Raina are unknowingly married. And whit the bear and weird alchemical experiments (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_377.php) dosage Dan does it wouldn't be hard to imagine him and Regina getting drunk and getting married whit out their knowledge.
Just imagine the shock  Dan would get.