05/29/09 [Abel 2 #56] - Blind Rage

Started by OminousShadow, May 29, 2009, 01:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OminousShadow

Ouch. So loosing a Clan leader causes mental trauma.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Slowtini

Lowde

Wait... Clan switching is possible? Just like that?

Slacker Spice

Quote from: Lowde on May 29, 2009, 02:17:21 AM

That is food for thought, though I don't necessarily think it's quite "just like that"...

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Amber Williams

Quote from: Slacker Spice on May 29, 2009, 02:22:56 AM
Quote from: Lowde on May 29, 2009, 02:17:21 AM

That is food for thought, though I don't necessarily think it's quite "just like that"...

You would be correct. Unfortunately space constraints made me have to edit out a bit of details. Mainly Sel and her son were already starting the process of converging over due to Sel's marraige to a Seme clan member. (At the time both clans were relatively sizable so it wasn't too terrible a switch off) The event simply made Sel opt to hurry the process along.

The process of converting to a different clan is usually difficult and generally results in a loss of power regardless of whether or not your clan was the stronger of the two or if you are moving over to a stronger clan. Most clan members who are opting to switch over aren't really doing it for personal power gain so much for their children future gain.  Though in Sel's case, her timing was really well off since the process starting had masked her and her sons' clan aura from Hizell.  And ultimately did make the transition to losing a clan leader much less painful. (having her husbands clan to console and support her also helped)

Indy

So if Elin was the other left by the next day, how did he manage to kill himself before Hizell got to him? Or was he also at SAIA?

Lowde

Quote from: Indy on May 29, 2009, 02:39:41 AM
So if Elin was the other left by the next day, how did he manage to kill himself before Hizell got to him? Or was he also at SAIA?

Well... he has some pills right next to him, so I would guess overdose

Indy

Quote from: Lowde on May 29, 2009, 02:40:52 AM

I mean, how did he manage to survive a full day longer than anyone else? Though I suppose I've answered my own question there... He was probably at SAIA, or he wasn't the other of the last two. Actually... Now that I think about it.... This was 400-800 years in the past, right? Did they even have pills back then in DMFA land???

Oof, it's too late for my brain to do any sort of thinking.

Netrogo

Odds are if he was cowardly enough to choose suicide then he was PROBABLY cowardly enough to not go to the battle in the first place. If he wasn't at SAIA he could have just not been one of the Hizell went after first, then finding out that Hizell was hunting them all down decided to chicken out and off himself.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

OminousShadow

Quote from: Indy on May 29, 2009, 02:51:39 AM
Quote from: Lowde on May 29, 2009, 02:40:52 AM

I mean, how did he manage to survive a full day longer than anyone else? Though I suppose I've answered my own question there... He was probably at SAIA, or he wasn't the other of the last two. Actually... Now that I think about it.... This was 400-800 years in the past, right? Did they even have pills back then in DMFA land???

Oof, it's too late for my brain to do any sort of thinking.

That's the things about pills, if they be drugs, medicine, poison or what, they have been around for many centuries.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Jairus

Wow, suicide and more scenes of Aniz attacking people he supposedly loves. Wonderful. But very interesting information. So... if Aniz has this dragon and his allies gunning for him, did he leave the academy to try and reforge his clan (impossibly insane though it was), or because he snapped at Destania and feared for his life?

Yes, Amber, please make the rest of this week's updates nothing but wacky and humorous misadventures.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

IF Aniz is still alive, he may still be too busy dodging dragons (or specifically Hizell).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 29, 2009, 03:24:21 AM
IF Aniz is still alive, he may still be too busy dodging dragons (or specifically Hizell).
Which just makes me think that part of the reason he left SAIA is because he was afraid of Destania. Rebuilding your clan is good and nice, but I'm willing to bet that Fa'Lina would have offered him protection. Of course, if his clan's demise sent him off the deep end, then yeah, he might not have been thinking that far ahead.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

This casts Abel's potential room-mates in a new light.  Perhaps the Seme members had a more altruistic motive than had been presumed.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Baal Hadad

Did anyone else notice that the archive link says "fifty-five" when it should say "fifty-six"?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on May 29, 2009, 03:00:29 AM
Odds are if he was cowardly enough to choose suicide then he was PROBABLY cowardly enough to not go to the battle in the first place. If he wasn't at SAIA he could have just not been one of the Hizell went after first, then finding out that Hizell was hunting them all down decided to chicken out and off himself.

There are other possibilities than cowardice.
1. It might be his way of joining the rest of his clan
2. He might have done it to annoy Hizell
3. More horribly, it's possible that Hizell took more from his victims than just their lives.  In which case suicide would be a very sensible and understandable alternative.

Now, I would be inclined to think that he wouldn't have been able to kill himself within SAIA, Fa'Lina being all-knowing and all-powerful there, so I guess he was simply overlooked or further down the list.

Either way, I'm curious about the figures.  To recap:
"Siar's clan went from over two thousand to four sole survivors.  By the next day, only two."
So, Sel and her son actually switched clans.  Elin topped himself.  Aniz went schiz.

Unless I'm missing something, that would make Aniz the only surviving member of his clan?  At least until Abel was born (or any other of his children who both survived and went 'Cubi).  No wonder his actions have been a bit bizarre.

LoneHowler

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2009, 04:26:58 AM
Quote from: Netrogo on May 29, 2009, 03:00:29 AM

There are other possibilities than cowardice.
1. It might be his way of joining the rest of his clan
2. He might have done it to annoy Hizell
3. More horribly, it's possible that Hizell took more from his victims than just their lives.  In which case suicide would be a very sensible and understandable alternative.

Now, I would be inclined to think that he wouldn't have been able to kill himself within SAIA, Fa'Lina being all-knowing and all-powerful there, so I guess he was simply overlooked or further down the list.

Either way, I'm curious about the figures.  To recap:
"Siar's clan went from over two thousand to four sole survivors.  By the next day, only two."
So, Sel and her son actually switched clans.  Elin topped himself.  Aniz went schiz.

Unless I'm missing something, that would make Aniz the only surviving member of his clan?  At least until Abel was born (or any other of his children who both survived and went 'Cubi).  No wonder his actions have been a bit bizarre.

yeah I noised this too the numbers don't add up unless Sel's son doesn't count if he's too young to be called cubi. So I'm guessing that there is a missing Cubi somewhere.
Also I think this comic puts a firm nail in the coffin of the theory that Aniz is Dan's father
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Tapewolf

Quote from: LoneHowler on May 29, 2009, 05:13:55 AM
Also I think this comic puts a firm nail in the coffin of the theory that Aniz is Dan's father
How so?

EDIT:  We already knew he was crackers, that he was trying to rebuild his own clan and that he split up with Destania who wanted to kill him.  I don't see anything in the strip that utterly precludes them getting back together after he's had 400 years to settle down.
Heck, when you consider that they both have a problem with dragons after that, it even makes some sense if he could stop her from taking him down first.

LoneHowler

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2009, 05:28:19 AM
Quote from: LoneHowler on May 29, 2009, 05:13:55 AM
How so?
as far as I can see he won't forgive her for making him stay. She will have issues with ever forgiving him hurting her when she was just saving his life. irreconcilable differences.
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better

Tapewolf

Quote from: LoneHowler on May 29, 2009, 05:35:35 AM
as far as I can see he won't forgive her for making him stay. She will have issues with ever forgiving him hurting her when she was just saving his life. irreconcilable differences.

In case you missed my edit, we already knew that.  I don't see anything in the strip that utterly precludes them getting back together after he's had 400 years to settle down.
Heck, when you consider that they both have a problem with dragons after that, it even makes some sense if he could stop her from taking him down first.

LoneHowler

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2009, 05:37:00 AM
Quote from: LoneHowler on May 29, 2009, 05:35:35 AM

In case you missed my edit, we already knew that.  I don't see anything in the strip that utterly precludes them getting back together after he's had 400 years to settle down.

apparently the forums don't give you notice that "edits have been made while you were typing" ^^
four hundred years is also more than enough time to grow apart and become two different people from those two love struck kiddies long ago. Some people don't relate well after a long separation especially if bad blood is what separated them in the first place. I personally don't think that the romance can be revived, dragon vendetta or no.

Tapewolf

Quote from: LoneHowler on May 29, 2009, 05:42:58 AM
four hundred years is also more than enough time to grow apart and become two different people from those two love struck kiddies long ago. Some people don't relate well after a long separation especially if bad blood is what separated them in the first place. I personally don't think that the romance can be revived, dragon vendetta or no.

She wasn't exactly a kiddie, but yeah.  I guess at the end of the day we'll have to wait and see what happens (or not, if Amber wants to be evil and keep us guessing).

Naldru

Since the reduction in size of a clan is extremely traumatic and Cyra's clan has also been drastically reduced, that might also explain why Destania is going a little over the top as well.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

martINSANE

Ouch. Aniz, blind rage is no excuse to hit al lady >:O
or cut her with your wing-tentacle-knives for that matter.

tiggertoo

Oh man, there are no happy endings here.

Lucheek

So... wouldn't that mean the clan went from Four Members to One? If there is another 'cubi that didn't die (along with Aniz) wouldn't that be Five members to Two? Or does Sel's son not count, maybe he's just a baby or something.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on May 29, 2009, 07:33:49 AM
So... wouldn't that mean the clan went from Four Members to One? If there is another 'cubi that didn't die (along with Aniz) wouldn't that be Five members to Two? Or does Sel's son not count, maybe he's just a baby or something.

It's quite possible that Elin was no.2 but killed himself after the second day.
If Aniz is dead in the current time period, and there wasn't another survivor besides him, that would make Abel not just from a fragmented clan, but the last of his line.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2009, 07:52:34 AM
Quote from: Lucheek on May 29, 2009, 07:33:49 AM

It's quite possible that Elin was no.2 but killed himself after the second day.
If Aniz is dead in the current time period, and there wasn't another survivor besides him, that would make Abel not just from a fragmented clan, but the last of his line.

This also means that Abel has no fealty to what remains (if any) of his clan, let alone any compunction to continue what would be a dying bloodline, my guess is that a Clan isn't just a name, some fancy attributes and a funky marking, my guess the blood ties run far deeper than what any of us could ever fathom.
That also means that when a clan progenitor (in this case, Siar) dies, the impact of which can reverberate far deeper than just mere loss. For a reasonable example, you could say that the clan head is the pillar, and the singer of a glorious song, you feel it at your very core, it sustains you, it lifts you up and guides you. Now take it away..  

That is loss, it potentially left a Hole far deeper than what it may appear, particularly with the loss of so much, too.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

!KCA

Assuming Cyra clan had more members at this time, how easy would it be for a dragon to manipulate Aniz, in his current emotional state, into giving vital information on his former lover's clan?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 29, 2009, 09:01:39 AM
This also means that Abel has no fealty to what remains (if any) of his clan, let alone any compunction to continue what would be a dying bloodline, my guess is that a Clan isn't just a name, some fancy attributes and a funky marking, my guess the blood ties run far deeper than what any of us could ever fathom.

Good point.  Though on the flipside, it would also make Aniz the clan leader...
(EDIT:  Misread 'Abel' as 'Aniz' for some reason there)

QuoteThat also means that when a clan progenitor (in this case, Siar) dies, the impact of which can reverberate far deeper than just mere loss. For a reasonable example, you could say that the clan head is the pillar, and the singer of a glorious song, you feel it at your very core, it sustains you, it lifts you up and guides you. Now take it away..  

That is loss, it potentially left a Hole far deeper than what it may appear, particularly with the loss of so much, too.

Well put.  Though Siar's clan was by no means the only one to have this happen.  If Aary's livejournal is canon in that respect, she lost her leader though IIRC it happened before she was born.  Either way, the clan continued.