05/10/09 [DMFA #1000] - Cyra's intro

Started by Baal Hadad, May 10, 2009, 02:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baal Hadad

Oh my gosh....   :erk

I actually had a premonition that this would be the 1000th page--and then I checked the site and I was right!

EDIT: But am I honored to be starting the thread for the 1000th page!  :D

Frigid

All I can say is...

:erk

Baal Hadad

Uh...what's the deal?  The main page of the site still doesn't have that page....

EDIT: My bad--it has BOTH???   :erk

Frigid

Yeah, it's doing that with me, too. How strange.  :U

LionHeart

Whoa.

And here I was expecting something like this strip for Sabrina Online's 500th.

Very nice work there, Amber.

Any chance of a hi-res version of this being available? Just out of interest...

Also, congrats on the visa extension.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

seuta

It seems that given that introduction all Dan can do is channel Keanu Reeves.

Edit: And oh, in yesterday's strip in the middle with Regina, she has the look and smugness to pull of a classic villain.

Cvstos

Damn. That is awesome! Cyra is extremely impressive. And I second the ones asking for high-res. That's wallpaper worthy there. Ultra high res, please! As high as you can get it! Make my GPU's frame buffer scream for mercy! :D
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Frigid

It looks like the picture of Cyra on the Wiki is accurate. With clothes, of course. My eyes just rejoiced.  :erk

Teh_Hobo

ZOMFG
I'm hoping that she's only that big to make an impression on Dan through the dream. Cause otherwise.... CYRA=GODZILLA. Seriously though. Hell of an entrance.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Maril

The artwork is beautiful.  Amber calls it an eye candy cop-out, I call it awesome and very appropriately epic looking.  Though I hope in the next comic she scales down to match his size... She might be a little too intimidating for Dan to handle otherwise XD  But if I had the power I'd probably go with the attention grabbing, epic intro too >_> <_<

She looks really caring there.  Which seems a little odd for the leader of a clan with their particular affinity, but then, as the leader of the clan I suppose there's kind of a motherly bond there.  She's probably hoping to get him to accept his cubi-ness so he can protect himself.  I could be completely off, but it seems to me that the clan founders have a link to their clan members, and she can probably feel the pain he was in during his battle.  It would probably be hard to be able to sense that your 'children' are in pain like that.  Either way I can't wait to see more of her.  She looks like a goddess there.  ...I wonder if she'll get a cast page...

Hellcat

Is it me, or do all the clan founders seem to have their clan mark on their chests?

Anri

Jairus

Wow... what an entrance.

Quote from: Hellcat on May 10, 2009, 02:49:47 AM
Is it me, or do all the clan founders seem to have their clan mark on their chests?
Well, we've only seen two so far, so it's hardly a large sample size. But that is interesting.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

insidexml

"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Ganurath

NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Fibre

Nice introduction, Dan certainly seems to be somewhat impressed/surprised himself. I wonder if he knows that she is really ``there'' and aware that she's in his dream or if he is unaware/thinks it's just a regular dream. Congratulations on the 1000 strips as well! I'm certainly looking forward to the next 1000.

LoneHowler

Hmm good point I wonder if the placement moves according to ones role in the clan,
on the chest: Founder
arm: Warrior
Back: Magician? Troublemaker?
Arm: assassin?
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Cvstos

Good observation! I didn't notice that before.

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Tehbeefer

Is it just me, or is this the first time we're seeing that third set of wings in-comic? BTW, congrats on 1,000 pages.

Azlan

I wish my grandma looked that good.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Anri

People seem to be forgetting that Fa'Lina is a founder too. Her clevage is not sporting her clan marking!

Michael Chandra

I swear to God, I'd commit genocide for that kind of hair, and I'm a male.

Maril

Quote from: Jairus on May 10, 2009, 02:53:45 AM
Wow... what an entrance.

Well, we've only seen two so far, so it's hardly a large sample size. But that is interesting.

Three actually.  But I don't think anyone knows where Fa'Lina's clan symbol is.  Don't think it's on her chest though...

jeffh4

Quote from: Maril on May 10, 2009, 03:03:38 AM

Three actually.  But I don't think anyone knows where Fa'Lina's clan symbol is.  Don't think it's on her chest though...

To think of all the time wasted spent staring at Fa'Lina's chest. . . . :)

Leoleonardo

Quote from: Tikki on May 10, 2009, 03:02:37 AM
People seem to be forgetting that Fa'Lina is a founder too. Her clevage is not sporting her clan marking!

Where did it show Fa'Lina is a clan founder? She doesn't have three wings like the others :P

VSMIT

Cvstos

Quote from: jeffh4 on May 10, 2009, 03:08:00 AM
Quote from: Maril on May 10, 2009, 03:03:38 AM

To think of all the time wasted spent staring at Fa'Lina's chest. . . . :)

Wait. Wasted?

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on May 10, 2009, 03:20:06 AM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_016.php

Check out what Aniz says.
Just playing devil's advocate here, I'd like to point out that Aniz failed to save his clan too...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me