7/17/06 - Cheating, the non-Balco way.

Started by bill, July 16, 2006, 08:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Just wondering, is it really in Abel's best interests to be first through that door, and thus, the first Alexsi sees?

Netami

I somehow doubt Merlitz didn't contact her about it. It'll probably get them both beaten or something.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Lucheek

People do that to me sometimes by telling a very good joke (an in-text one compared to an obvious joke.) before going on being serious.

I also have to ask- Abel has spent almost his entire life learning magic and spells. You think ONE of those would include teleportation?

Nikki

Quote from: Lucheek on July 16, 2006, 09:47:28 PM
I also have to ask- Abel has spent almost his entire life learning magic and spells. You think ONE of those would include teleportation?
hmmmm...maybe he didn't study that?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

GabrielsThoughts

Who bothers to learn Teleportation when there are Warp-Aci around?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Fresnor

Speaking of which, does Abel even have a personal Warp-aci?  Because Dan sure does... >.>

Aridas

Hey, that's not fair! Dan didn't finalize the deal. The race is off! *sets up some roadblocks and landmines* >.>

Rowne

Why do I keep getting Bruce Wayne on Joker-gas flashbacks when I read this comic and why can I not help but see Abel now as the Joker?

Oh dear.

I can't help but wonder what state Dan's going to be in when he gets to Lost Lake.  Could you imagine?  I suppose he'd have a good excuse to be out of his mind.

"Oh look, a bug!  Haha-haa, that's funny.  A being on a bicycle wearing a helmet, heeheheeehehehe, so funny!  OMGTHESUN, it's the most hilarious shade of or...aaaahahahaaange!  MUST KILL ABEL!  Wheeee!  MUS... ahahaha!  Oh, hi Alexsi.  Funny story.  Merlitz ran away from home on a random wuzzis of rediscovery and...aaaahahaha... he's probably out there right now, alone and being slain by a Dragon!  Oh, hi Mab.  I forgot that you had a thing for Merly.  A 'thing'.  Aaahahahahahaha!  Hey, wait.  Why are you looking at me like that?  What are you doing?  Mab, what are you doing with that fireball?  Mab, no!  Bad mab!"

See?  Bruce Wayne on Joker-gas.

At least, in my mind.

Shakal

Quote from: Fresnor on July 16, 2006, 10:18:11 PM
Speaking of which, does Abel even have a personal Warp-aci?  Because Dan sure does... >.>

Hmmm, good question, where is Fi in all this. Because if Fi is around, Dan can STILL beat Abel home easily.

Paladin Sheppard

You do realise that we're talking about Dan here, he is not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed..

Nikki

Aye...Dan could still beat him..DDR moves XD

Zedd

That seems fun to do that to antheor Cubi X3

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Rowne on July 16, 2006, 10:48:15 PM
Why do I keep getting Bruce Wayne on Joker-gas flashbacks when I read this comic and why can I not help but see Abel now as the Joker?
Warning, Bad Photoshopping Ahead!

Manawolf

This Webkilla.  Now he can pull off some comic remixing.  Squirrely too.

Also, pulling out a secret the other guys didn't know and thus couldn't ban, definitely not cool.  Makes the people who work hard feel terrible.  I know that's how it felt for me.

Rowne

That's awful Haz, funny but awful.

Speaking of which, I can't help but wonder if Dan is going to figure out this and they're going to abuse their powers by jamming each other.  Probably in front of a very confused Lost Lake bystander.

Could you imagine Alexsi or Jyrras standing nearby as they had such a battle, with rapidly switching emotions being rampant?

I could see some really funny scenes arising from this.

Dan: I ... I love you, maaan.
Jyrras: o.O;;;
Dan: DAMN YOU, ABEL!!!!

Tapewolf

I'm curious as to why Aary never tried this with Dan when he was being uncooperative.  Maybe he hadn't quite developed the ability to parse emotions (as opposed to eating them), or maybe Aary thought it was beneath her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ITOS

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 17, 2006, 04:58:37 AM
I'm curious as to why Aary never tried this with Dan when he was being uncooperative.  Maybe he hadn't quite developed the ability to parse emotions (as opposed to eating them), or maybe Aary thought it was beneath her.

Wait, it's not like mind control? It just changes the emotion the person is feeling, not the view he has?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Netami

If it takes Cubi a long time to truly read someone's mind, then I doubt this is anything more than a baseline abuse of an untrained cubi's emotions. It's not mind control, even if Dan has little mind to take.

Aridas

I think it's all just basically emotional influence through a constant bombardment, like I think he said... You know, like... well, i'm not sure what it's like.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on July 17, 2006, 05:40:44 AM
I think it's all just basically emotional influence through a constant bombardment, like I think he said... You know, like... well, i'm not sure what it's like.
Abel still uses this trick to get his way, as he tried to do with Jyrras (who can't read emotions).  Given 400 years of experimentation, I'm sure I could come up with a way of using this to make Dan more pliant, or at least less hostile.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Im 400 years old yet sadly I joined the SAIA at 12 ao moat my poqwers are still hidden and a second note...Many wishes of hope for you Amber onto the future *salutes* 

Alondro

*blink*  Abel... Joker... *chokes on his coffee and gags, trying not to laugh and spew all over his computer*  That was so bad it was hilarious.   :mowhappy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Suwako

It's the reason why Dan shall make rulles about racing.  :mowtongue

Abel is evil...

Raskahn

Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on July 17, 2006, 10:58:18 AM
It's the reason why Dan shall make rulles about racing.  :mowtongue

Abel is evil...

Yup, we should have learned by now, to fear the cute and the evil.

Rowne

Quote from: ITOS on July 17, 2006, 05:24:00 AMWait, it's not like mind control? It just changes the emotion the person is feeling, not the view he has?

Iono so much about that.  After all, the basic manipulation of feelings (if the person is unaware of another entity tampering with their emotions) can lead to a result in which they're vulnerable enough to make them malleable.

For example, first of all, jam him up with paranoia about his friends, then make a few off-handed suggestions to fuel that paranoia.  Around his friends, jam him up with anger so he's very snappy, leading to an uncomfortable environment around everyone.

Finally, jam him up with loneliness, sadness and general emo emotions and this, combined with the memories of paranoia and anger past might be just enough to have him begging for a one-way ticket out of Lost Lake.

I'd rather think that Aary believed that such scheming was below her.  She was too proud to be the trickster.

---- Edit

Oh, hey!  Maybe there are SAIA-bound laws about jamming, perhaps a 'cubi isn't allowed to jam another 'cubi up with feelings that they detect to be undesirable.  For example, if a 'cubi feels that another 'cubi doesn't particularly want to be sad, then it might be against the rules/laws of SAIA to actually make them sad.

This might be why Abel chose to make Dan laugh instead of having him turn into a goth.

Netami

Aary does seem like the goody-goody teacher's pet type to not abuse rules like that, or lower her standards to that of a trickster.

Rowne

That's the way I see it.  Most of us aren't Vulcans after all and the decisions of many a folk are influenced largely by how they feel at the time.  Do they buy copious amounts of candy when they're on a diet?  Depends on whether the person is feeling merry or depressed.  With that sentiment, if I were to possess emotion modification capabilities then even I could achieve total mind-control without hundreds of years of training.

Of course, the real crux is whether the other person knows it's possible.  If they know their emotions can be modified, they could just exercise will against it and act stubbornly.  Dan wasn't aware at the time though so goodness knows what he could've been jammed with had Aary felt so inclined.

Actually, now that I think of it, I have another explanation.  Aary has often claimed to be proud of her race and that she'd so anything to help a fellow 'cubi.  It might also stand to reason then that Aary, under no circumstances, would never do anything to hurt or hinder another 'cubi, even if it was to aid in the success of her own plans.  Even sending Dan off to SAIA, she genuinely believed she was doing the right thing for Dan.

So there's that, too.

ITOS

Quote from: Rowne on July 17, 2006, 06:49:52 PMOf course, the real crux is whether the other person knows it's possible.  If they know their emotions can be modified, they could just exercise will against it and act stubbornly.  Dan wasn't aware at the time though so goodness knows what he could've been jammed with had Aary felt so inclined.

But like you said, being stubborn can help you and Dan is known for being stubborn. That is why I don't think Aary would succeed in trying to use emotions to change Dan's mind.
This generic comment was brought to you by: