Doing a Favor for Azlan (OOC Discussion)

Started by Azlan, July 16, 2006, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

All ooc information and discussions will be placed here including encounter listings and treasure/EXP posts... So check it often.

Lets keep the Main RP thread strictly in character, but the piccies, condition monitor and equip lists can stay at the bottom of RP posts.

Note: House rules apply to the RP. Custom rules and changes, custom monsters and classes, as well as some tweaks to the mechanics are in use.

basic 3.5 edition rules apply. PHB, DMG, MM and other official books are suggested, but not necessarily required.

This game will not be handled strictly like a standard PnP game, some freeform RP stylings are used.

Important Note:  Please post a character profile to date for those active players with current characters.

XP: please adjust current active character's experience point amounts by 2350, to reflect some missed XP and miscalculations.  This is of course a one time deal.

All DMFA and all characters referenced from said comic are copyright Amber Panyko.  This RP has little to no basis on the comic and none of what occurs here has any bearing nor is based on anything from DMFA.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Gabi

You have Gliynn's info on your doc file. Shall I add 2350 to that?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Azlan

Malakin

Right, if i remember right i was just about to start a fight with some flying mechanical little buggers :P

Should i repost the last post i posted in the RP thread to remind us of what is happening ?

I think i need to say post in my post a few more times. post..  :sweatdrop  the word has lost almost all meaning to me! help! *foams at the mouth and falls over*

*edit: Oh and good on ya Azlan for "getting off your arse" :P
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Nikki

ah...is this one of those GM rp's? where you have attack powers, HP and whatnot?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Malakin

Escape will make me God.
"

Lushin

WOOOHHH! It's coming back, awesome........ Wait...... Crap I don't remember much of my character.. Sonufa... Hey Azlan do you have any info on my character at all? If not I'll hunt down the old thread on the old forum and see what I can get. All I remember is a Great Axe +2 (I think, I remember turning the undead king to dusk with it.). I have an idea what my health was and stuff but everything else I forgot.  :( So let me know if I have some hunting to do.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Malakin

Too bad, you would have provided an intresting character   :)

Escape will make me God.
"

Gabi

Ok, then Gliynn's current experience is 17,350. I think you have everything else on the doc file.

James StarRunner

This EXP boost doesn't apply to characters that joined later like mine, does it, or does that apply to all?

*Tries to hunt down his old notes*

Azlan

XP additions only apply to those characters that joined prior to reaching the City.

Poofyspikes

OK, I seem to have lost my current XP total. I do have the rest of the profile info, though, provided that my character is still lv. 7.

Azlan

Quote from: Poofyspikes on July 17, 2006, 07:27:55 PM
OK, I seem to have lost my current XP total. I do have the rest of the profile info, though, provided that my character is still lv. 7.

You are at 23,350.

Joshua

Azlan

It will depend on how many manage to return.

Boog

I've still got my character sheet, if you'll give me some time to locate it. As for those complaining about not remembering where we left off, I believe I may have a solution.

http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=001281;p=102

Something about mummys, I believe.

Eibborn

I've already talked to Azlan, but so everyone else knows, I'm definately still in.
/kicks the internet over

Malakin

Eh, so i have finally gotten around to typing my char sheet up... here it is :

Name: Malakin
Race: male ElvenFur:Fox
Class:Fighter(8)

Str:17(3)
Dex:17(3)
Con:14(2)
Int:14(2)
Wis14(2)
Cha:13(1)

FortSave: 8
ReflexSave: 5
WillSave: 4

HP: 60 (59)

AC: 18

BAB: 8/3
Grapple: 11

Weapons:
Greatsword (mitheral) 12/7 2d6+4 19-20/x2

Handaxe 13/8 1d6+3 20/x3

Composit Bow 11/6 1d8+3 19-20/x2
38 arrows

Armour:
Mitheral BreastPlate AC: 5 Dex: 3 Check: -3

Feats:
QuickDraw
Selfsuficiant
combatexpertise
combatreflexes
dodge
Improved-crit greatsword
Improved Disarm
"            " Inititive
"            " Trip
Mobility
Spring Attack
Wherlwind Attack
PowerAttack

Special:
Imune to magic sleep

Languages:
Common
Draconic
Sylvan

Equipment:
Aload of booring stuff...

Moneys: lots

Escape will make me God.
"

Azlan

I can't remember if I have any character updates I need to do for any players?  I know I need to update some NPCs like Dhale and Zee...

Mainly awaiting James to finish off his stuff so we can get back into the main adventure.  I do like having someone else run things, I would prefer it if I wasn't using Az during those times. 

James StarRunner

I just told Azlan about my busy schedule and anyone following my dA journal would know I've been taking more jobs to make enough money for tuition. It still shouldn't be an excuse for my delay though. I'm still worn out, but things should be going smoother soon.

Boog

Holy flip it's back! Yes! I think my character sheet's up to date, but I'm not sure. Assume it is, since I can't think of anything it needs.

Malakin

Escape will make me God.
"

James StarRunner

I just realized that my books (and notes) are at my new place already so I'm just going to wing the next post and go as far as I can remember till I'm fully moved in.

Lushin

Why do I have this feeling we're gonna open a door and see letters floating in the air. "RANDOM ENCOUTER"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Gabi

After all that's happened Myri still wants Gliynn to lead? Or does she just want a flesh shield to hide behind? Because that's what Gliynn seems to be best at.

Ok, I was away from the game for a few months and I missed a lot, so before I can decide what to do next, I need to know this: what's the layout of the place we're in (at least as much of the layout as Gliynn may know), and how exactly did the group get separated?

Azlan

Quote from: Gabi on September 11, 2006, 10:57:53 AM
After all that's happened Myri still wants Gliynn to lead? Or does she just want a flesh shield to hide behind? Because that's what Gliynn seems to be best at.

Ok, I was away from the game for a few months and I missed a lot, so before I can decide what to do next, I need to know this: what's the layout of the place we're in (at least as much of the layout as Gliynn may know), and how exactly did the group get separated?

Myri is a Paladin and would gladly sacrifice her life for another, so it is unlikely she wishes to use you as a shield.  Her alignment is Lawful and Gliynn was established as the group leader in the past and nothing has occurred to challenge that, so she will stick to that structure.

I'll need to defer to the blue squirrel for layout, as for what happened to separate the group, an illusion was placed on the hall area bellow.  A set of steps going down and a set going up had illusions and strange magical effects on them.  The decending stairs lead to a hall that those that entered did not seem able to easily return from. 

Azlan rashly acted and dispelled the illusion, removing the decending staircase and correcting the one which now indeed leads up, instead of looping back.

The group is separated because the people that decended lost their way back because of Azlan's dispell.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Gabi on September 11, 2006, 10:57:53 AM
The party is now in a tower (about five stories tall) with most of the party now on the 2nd floor and a handful of others (due to a magical mishaps) is now on the top floor. So far, until dispelled, the stairs would never let you go up, only down (with exception to the main floor which sends you to the top floor if you went down). The main floor was like a lounge area filled with tables and chairs. Gliynn is now on the 2nd floor (a.k.a. Bob's Floor of Death). There is a staircase leading down (from which you just came up) and a staircase going up to the 3rd floor. The floor is covered with trunks, chests, even a sarcophagus and closet in which it is suspected that undead are hiding in. There is also a desk behind the staircase leading up which has a black book on it. Gliynn would have no knowledge yet of the upper floors.

Gabi

But she DOES know there's a staircase leading up, right?

James StarRunner