04/01/09 [Abel 2 #53] - Aw, so happy...

Started by Howl, May 01, 2009, 03:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Too bad it's gonna go straight to hell soon.

Ganurath

Siar... I know I've heard that name somewhere before...
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Garsemor

I see it, I reed it, I think about it, but I still can't believe it. Ok, so Siar fell but I still can't see reason for such a tragedy. I mean love is about being together trough everything. Trough happiness and and despair, trough pain and relief, trough war and peace. This is the definition of love as I see it. Those who love each other ignore the world, they are together and no one can have a say in it.

Tapewolf

Maybe Cyra didn't object.  But if it wasn't her, I wonder who did off Siar?  And how?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

!KCA

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2009, 03:44:03 AM
Maybe Cyra didn't object.  But if it wasn't her, I wonder who did off Siar?  And how?

Azlan. In the clan territory. With the Sqeaky Koala of Doom.

Garsemor

If the two weer starting to talk about alliances between the two clans I see no reason why the clans would object, as the teachings of war say even if you are strong allies can make you stronger.

AmigaDragon

But she didn't say clan alliances. It could have been personal alliances.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Garsemor

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 01, 2009, 03:57:48 AM
But she didn't say clan alliances. It could have been personal alliances.

If we look at this from the relationship view point. When you start dating a girl you try to get in goon standing whit their your in laws and try to make both families agree so that they don't start saying what a mistake this was. In cubi politics that means getting in good standing whit the both clans and make them agree so to avoid tha danger of a full fledged war what better way than to make them allies.

Valynth

Quote from: Garsemor on May 01, 2009, 03:32:30 AM
I see it, I reed it, I think about it, but I still can't believe it. Ok, so Siar fell but I still can't see reason for such a tragedy. I mean love is about being together trough everything. Trough happiness and and despair, trough pain and relief, trough war and peace. This is the definition of love as I see it. Those who love each other ignore the world, they are together and no one can have a say in it.

Odds are the fall of Sair wasn't the cause, the emotional fallout on Aniz probably was.

The destruction of one's entire family/clan can warp a man's mind until he's barely better than a crazed monster.  And trust me, suddenly mind flips can sink any relationship, just ask a schizophrenic.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Tsunari

Guess Destania had nothing to do with Siar's fall.  So was Siar's fall as a clan started by the death of Siar or the clan itself.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Valynth on May 01, 2009, 04:51:21 AM
The destruction of one's entire family/clan can warp a man's mind until he's barely better than a crazed monster.  And trust me, suddenly mind flips can sink any relationship, just ask a schizophrenic.

The other possibility is that Destania drove him mad, or helped (stage 1 of destroying him, "mind, body and soul").  Obviously that would only happen after they fell out.
What may have happened is that Aniz suddenly packed her in order rebuild his own clan (since without Siar to back him up, a Cyra bride would have a Cyra child).

Quote from: Tsunari on May 01, 2009, 04:53:00 AM
Guess Destania had nothing to do with Siar's fall.  So was Siar's fall as a clan started by the death of Siar or the clan itself.

We can't rule out that Cyra herself did it (or was framed for doing it?) though it seems less likely.  Tri-wings are immortal so it probably wasn't natural causes.  Most likely is that someone did her in.  Hopefully we'll learn more about this next week.

EDIT:
To better answer your question, it might be that most of Siar's children were massacred, though it seems unlikely.  That might have driven Siar to suicide, but since neither Aniz nor Abel have (in strip) shown tentacle-heads, we have to assume that Siar herself is dead.
In the scenario that Siar was left bereft, Aniz would suddenly become very important as a survivor, since he would be able to make more children for Siar (tri-wings can't reproduce IIRC).

Garsemor

Quote from: Tsunari on May 01, 2009, 04:53:00 AM

We don't know yet if Siar fell before or after the clan's sudden fall but all the evidence points to her being one of the first to die.

JackTheCubiWolf

This is kind of becoming like Romeo and Juliet except they don't both commit suicide.
I'm back, and tired.

Sid

*sigh* Why must Abel's Story be a long series of "Awwww look how happy everybody is! Life is wonderful! They deserve happiness... and then there is BLOOD, DEPRESSION AND DEATH!"

I dunno, I start to feel more and more disconnected when the death, suffering and misery become so regular and predictable.

And it doesn't even stop with Abel anymore. Now Aniz gets the same "Could've had a great life, but then everything was sent straight to Hell" treatment.
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do wonder...

Did Fa'Lina have anything to do with Siar falling?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Howl

I agree with Sid. I'm waiting for something good to happen, then stay.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Minishear on May 01, 2009, 07:13:25 AM
I agree with Sid. I'm waiting for something good to happen, then stay.

We'll see.  Bear in mind that Abel's Story was never really expected to be happy and jolly - the cover alone is a pretty good indicator of that.

Jack McSlay

They had a quite peculiar sense of fashion back then :P
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Pagan

Aw, would you look at those two? I mean, they're happy and laugh-y and everything, but why do they look like Mark Anthony and Cleopatra?

And as par the course with Abel's Story, we could some nice, perky wingspan.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Alondro

Quote from: !KCA on May 01, 2009, 03:52:47 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2009, 03:44:03 AM

Azlan. In the clan territory. With the Sqeaky Koala of Doom.

Charline.  In SAIA.  With Swine Flu!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

I missed this on first reading (I was in a hurry) but the comment about Destania destroying Aniz on a whim is interesting.  That cannot be good PR for the Academy.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Jack McSlay on May 01, 2009, 07:37:11 AM
They had a quite peculiar sense of fashion back then :P

Fashion appears to be rather cyclical in DMFA, most noticably within Abel's Story -- 400 years ago we have medival peasantry / Victorian fashion (with ridiculously modern wedding dresses), sometime before that we have greco-roman-egyptian wear (hence this page)... but before that we have the typical vests and tops we'd be used to, and OMG CLEAVAGE dresses at all apparent time periods besides.

Fashion within DMFA seems to focus on the timeline of materials moreso than actual social mores (So denim and zippers would be an obvious anachronism....  belly shirts, less so)

Jairus

Quote from: Sid on May 01, 2009, 06:46:18 AM
*sigh* Why must Abel's Story be a long series of "Awwww look how happy everybody is! Life is wonderful! They deserve happiness... and then there is BLOOD, DEPRESSION AND DEATH!"

I dunno, I start to feel more and more disconnected when the death, suffering and misery become so regular and predictable.

And it doesn't even stop with Abel anymore. Now Aniz gets the same "Could've had a great life, but then everything was sent straight to Hell" treatment.
Actually, I can see the point of that. Two generations completely ruined and the people at the heart of each story on the verge of insanity... and yet when we skip forward 400 years, Abel isn't nuts and trying to kill people. I know I'm a freaking JyrBel shipper, but even besides that Abel's got a chance at a happy life. Fa'Lina might be telling this story to Abel to convince him that following his father's path might not be the wisest plan. Or something like that... I need coffee. Excuse me.

Also, they make a cute couple. I am also really squicked out by Dan's thoughts of Abel having a crush on Destania.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on May 01, 2009, 10:15:03 AM
Also, they make a cute couple. I am also really squicked out by Dan's thoughts of Abel having a crush on Destania.

o/~ Oedipus, Shmedipus, I just love Mom. o/~
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GundamDragon

Ok this is my guess on the fall of Sair. Heavy dragon pay back from the war as in 5 - 8 dragon clans jumping a larg number of Sairs clan mebers or the clan leader them self was killed.

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2009, 11:19:50 AM
Quote from: Jairus on May 01, 2009, 10:15:03 AM

o/~ Oedipus, Shmedipus, I just love Mom. o/~

*shudders* Ewwww...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Corgatha Taldorthar

As for how Siar's fall could effect the relationship, remember, it's the presence of a living clan founder that allows the tentacle heads. I don't know the entire depth of it, but there does seem to be some sort of connection between the clan founder and the other people in the clan. Siar "falling" might have had some sort of shock on Aniz, and might be what drove him over the edge.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

demecowen

Aww frick Amber I put my stamp of hate on Aniz a while ago, now you go try to give me reason to sympathize Aniz.

Still though this does shed light on why Aniz is eager to put Abel and his "potenial" kids in the school.

Maybe he hoping that Abel be the one that bring back Sair power. Which wouldn't be so bad if he just freaking ask him without killing his friend and threatening his mother. :banghead :censored

Howl

I don't think "Hi Abel, my name is Aniz. I killed your mother's husband, then knocked her up. So I'm your father. Would you go to a place called SAIA and help rebuild our shattered clan?" would flow so well.

Tapewolf

Quote from: demecowen on May 01, 2009, 12:47:54 PM
Aww frick Amber I put my stamp of hate on Aniz a while ago, now you go try to give me reason to sympathize Aniz.
Maybe it's my wish to see people reform, but I never really hated him.  "I feel the good in you" as it were  :P

QuoteMaybe he hoping that Abel be the one that bring back Sair power. Which wouldn't be so bad if he just freaking ask him without killing his friend and threatening his mother. :banghead :censored
To be fair, that wasn't the original plan.  That and he's ever-so-slightly out of his gourd at the moment.  Maybe, if Destania doesn't obliterate him, he'll snap out of it.