04/18/09 [DMFA #993] - Rapid Growth

Started by Cvstos, April 18, 2009, 04:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cvstos

Well, that was... unexpected. Maybe Dan's eyes and symbol a while back had something to do with that? Perhaps using additional magic like that maybe somehow got into Fi via his link to Dan, causing a delayed... upgrade?
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Garsemor

I predicted a lot of things including Amber saying she wouldn't be able to reseal on time but this is completely unexpected. Fi is as freaking big as Abel and also I noticed the bight mark from Pip that was on his/her/it's tail is gone. :erk

EDIT: also why would Fi want hands, after all he can alredy hold on to ice cream very well.

Kenway975

wow... not something I had expected.... then again, from what I've gleaned from what little lurking I have done, having something that no one expected is almost status quo for DMFA. Now it will be interesting what this "upgrade" will do to Fi. Also I wonder why Abel is going "Oh frig" when the transformation occurred.

Baal Hadad

Fi Warp-Aci, digivolve to....

Sorry, I'll shut up....

Seriously, though, that was from way out in left field....   :erk

I wonder what's going to happen now....

Cvstos

Quote from: Garsemor on April 18, 2009, 04:57:57 AM
I predicted a lot of things including Amber saying she wouldn't be able to reseal on time but this is completely unexpected. Fi is as freaking big as Abel and also I noticed the bight mark from Pip that was on his/her/it's tail is gone. :erk

EDIT: also why would Fi want hands, after all he can alredy hold on to ice cream very well.

I just noticed the lack of bite mark as well. Hey, Pip, fix that! Fi: Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Abel's reaction may signal that he knows what happened and it may not be good.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Garsemor

I just think it's because Fi is suddenly as big as Abel is.

Zedd

I'm sure the room isn't going get any bigger with a warp acii with a giant size, I wonder you can ride on their back now..Even if made from paper

Garsemor

Or maybe it's just because Abel can't fit Fi into the blender anymore.

Tapewolf

From the Demonology:

"Most summoners are bright enough to know not to summon something with enough power to cause them trouble... most..."

The way I see it, Fi was 'created' by Fa'Lina who is by all accounts shockingly powerful.  While the spell was later re-keyed to Daniel, it is likely that Fi is still dangerously powerful itself.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

!KCA

The key sentence, however, is this: "However since they are composed primarily of Dark shadow magic, they can actually alter their look to suit their master's desire." If Fi looks like that, it's likely Dan wants it to. After all, if you're going on a hunt, you probably want to bring a hound. . .

icarus

Huh? Fi is evolving!

deedoodeedoo

doot doot
doot doot
doot doot
doot doot

PWING

Congratulations!
Your FI evolved into IFFI

DEEDOODEEE
DEEDEEDOODOODEEDEEE!

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Shadowcatcher

Maybe it's a sign that Cyra decided to pay a visit to the new cubi in her clan.  I'd react the same way if I knew I was in the same building as a tri-wing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do wonder...

What does Abel know that Dan (and we) don't? And, more importantly, just how much ice cream and pop tarts can Fi now eat?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: !KCA on April 18, 2009, 06:13:16 AM
If Fi looks like that, it's likely Dan wants it to. After all, if you're going on a hunt, you probably want to bring a hound. . .

I don't think it's quite that direct.  I'm thinking it's more likely that Fi considers Abel to be its master as well.  Fi interpreted what Abel asked for as growing up in size and did it.  Looks like you have to be very, very specific and careful about what you ask for with those things.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 18, 2009, 07:08:29 AM
What does Abel know that Dan (and we) don't?

My guess is that he's realised Fi has upgraded itself from 'a nuisance' to 'a danger'.  I imagine most Warp-Aci aren't summoned this powerful.

Garsemor

I would say about 8 times as much before Fi was like the size of a foot now Fi is almost human (being) sized. If Fi is going to continue to grow we might have a Fi-zila on our hands.

EDIT: Fi-zila is the warp-aci of ear-zila I can't find the page now.

Tapewolf

Garsemor

My guess. Pip is going to bight Fi's tail again.

Garsemor

Quote from: Zedd on April 18, 2009, 05:29:31 AM
I wonder you can ride on their back now..Even if made from paper

I think Fi is still to small for that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on April 18, 2009, 07:43:57 AM
My guess. Pip is going to bight Fi's tail again.
Fi's now almost human-sized.  I think it's more likely that Pip is going to be the one with the hole in his tail.

Alterationartist

Quote from: icarus on April 18, 2009, 06:22:46 AM
Huh? Fi is evolving!

deedoodeedoo

doot doot
doot doot
doot doot
doot doot

PWING

Congratulations!
Your FI evolved into IFFI

DEEDOODEEE
DEEDEEDOODOODEEDEEE!
[/topic]

Overall, my guess is that Fi isn't anymore dangerous now than he (I always picture him as a dude from his mannerisms) was before. As far as we are aware, Fi hasn't shown any more offensive ability than this magnificent gem. And even further, he doesn't seem any more aware of any new offensive abilities, if any, gained from this new form, due to five spectacular words: "how did you do that?". Unless Abel takes the "idiot pill" and reveals any destructive capabilities that Fi may possibly have, Fi doesn't possess the initiative or intelligence to figure it out on his own, nor the destructive will or intent to do so if he does. He may be bigger, but that doesn't actually improve a threat given the other large creatures that exist and are even commonly taken down by furres. My other guess is that Abel is simply surprised. I mean, he just got through threatening, endangering, and scolding something only twice as large as his head, only to have it shoot up in size to match himself. Either way, we'll figure it out tomorrow, pending Amber getting the chain on the update schedule.
Round 9!

Kasarn

Madmann135

Quote from: Kasarn on April 18, 2009, 08:30:33 AM
Snack foods beware! D:

Somewhere deep inside Dan's psyche he wants an attack dog and Fi (Iffi) has "grown up" to fit the bill in the looks department.  Oddly I don't think that his size will require him to consume more snack foods. 
So the Hot Pockets of the world are relatively safe, I mean they are not in any more danger than they were before.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Garsemor

Quote from: Kasarn on April 18, 2009, 08:30:33 AM
Somewhere deep inside Dan's psyche he wants an attack dog and Fi (Iffi) has "grown up" to fit the bill in the looks department.

I personally think the only tough that might trigger this going trough Dan's head is hunting down Regina.

Corgatha Taldorthar

*blinks* This is interesting.  I guess it isn't that much of a stretch that if Warp-Aci can alter their corporeality or something to see whether or not grafity makes them fall, then they can stretch their frame. I wonder if Fi has any more or less mass than he did before.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jairus

My first reaction was "It's Fi-ona!", being a combination of Fi and Epona from The Legend of Zelda. This is an indication of my sleepy state, so I'm going to wake up some more and come back with some better ideas.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 18, 2009, 08:45:07 AM
Oddly I don't think that his size will require him to consume more snack foods. 

It won't, because Warp Aci don't need to eat.  They eat for pleasure, as I understand it - in their home plane, they are entirely noncorporeal and sensation is a novelty to them.

Sunblink

Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 18, 2009, 05:12:22 AM

Speaking as someone who loved Digimon...

You are awesome. XD

Seriously, though, I lol'd. I wonder what's gonna happen next.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 18, 2009, 10:24:09 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 18, 2009, 05:12:22 AM

Speaking as someone who loved Digimon...

You are awesome. XD

Seriously, though, I lol'd. I wonder what's gonna happen next.

He'll need to forget a move to learn his new power. :P

ShadesFox

Now I have images of Pip riding on Fi's back...
The All Purpose Fox

Arcblade

Ghostwish, you're mixing Digimon and Pokemon.  Digimon weren't limited in numbers of powers.  They just normally didn't have that many to begin with.  

Fi = DOGGY!  Seriously, he's probably about Greyhound dog sized.  Maybe if Abel says it again, Dan can have his own Warp Aci Horse to ride into battle.   :mowtongue