03/28/09 [DMFA #987] - Dark Buttface

Started by Hatsuyuki, March 28, 2009, 02:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatsuyuki

I lol'd.

Kria is very much a matured lady.  :U

Edit: Is he teleporting? Nice. Probably something demons can do that an (inadept?) cubi's without Warp-Aci Cannot.

Teh_Hobo

I don't really know what to say about this one. So is this Aliph's house, or Kria's? Im a bit confused now.
Also,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

EDIT: Damn, beaten. Merge I guess?
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

LoneHowler

I think he is using Magic to teleport, demons can use it, Warp-Aci are just more convenient
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Fex

the best responds always come a few hours later

Madmann135

There is a certain level of maturity that comes with Dealing with Demons... Kira has just proven that she is a child at heart.

One would say with (flirty) Kira and (guardian) Lorenda the one in the most danger is Dan (how will he escape that estate with his pants in one peace on I do not know, Kira already claimed his shirt).

Kira made this comic extra funny.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Gamma

We always knew Kria was simple and straightforward, she's not in the mood to change that right now.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the layers to the middle panel, as if the background was put in front of the characters?
Hatsuyuki is probably right about the teleporting, I just wasn't thinking fade-out teleport.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

LoneHowler

Quote from: Gamma on March 28, 2009, 02:47:29 AM
We always knew Kria was simple and straightforward, she's not in the mood to change that right now.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the layers to the middle panel, as if the background was put in front of the characters?
Nope DP is teleporting making his escape via magic hence the faded out look
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Titanium Dragon

Quote from: Gamma on March 28, 2009, 02:47:29 AM

They're fading out, as if for a teleportation effect. That's why they're semi-transparent. Its not that the background is in front of them, its that they are not wholly there - you can see his wings on the wall, for example, and the wall THROUGH them.

And Kria's "comeback" was pretty poor (in terms of being effective) though, to be fair, it was probably undeserved on Dark Pegasus' part - Aliph was trying to warn her.

But, yes. Kria is Kria.

I think the real question is what is going to happen next time, when she deals with Dan. I strongly suspect, however, now that Dan is Lorenda's "boyfriend", her behavior towards him will be much improved, less flirty and more "incredibly obtrusive into his personal life".

The other question is whether she knows healing magic. I suspect she does; we know she is at least moderately competent at magic (enough to be allowed to teach it, as well as to resurrect Dark Pegasus); I suspect she'll be able to patch him up.

kaskar

8) So, this seems that this time Dan does not get the bounty on DP's bones.  So much for that cremation ceremony too ...  And, does he have to worry about someone jumping his bones ?

( Hey, does this mean that Regina can have fun now with her step-uncle, instead of being tied down with the limitations of the soulstealer household. )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Hellcat

Yay now we can go back to Dan's emotional/mental breakdown... or whatever is going to happen to him now he wasnt able to kill DP

Slowtini

Jairus

Go sibling rivalry! And go Kria!

Okay, and Regina has left the building. Darnit. This just delays her and Dan's next battle, by which time DP will have taught her a few things. And knocked some sense into her head. Also, Aliph seems a little... prejudiced perhaps towards Dan. Justifiably, given Dan's career choice, but I highly doubt that Dan would kill Kria, let alone Lorenda. Then again, DP doesn't know that they're actually friends. This is getting interesting.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Darkdragon

Amber's ability to derive humour from such a serious situation astounds me. :goamber

I wonder where DP is going to teleport to. "Our own homes" implies he (used to?) lives with Kria, so unless he has a few spare castles around, I'm not too certain where he could be headed.

Turnsky

Quote from: Hellcat on March 28, 2009, 03:43:03 AM
Yay now we can go back to Dan's emotional/mental breakdown...

"The Sequel™"

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

PinkKitty

Outside of this comic... I had only ever heard the term "butt-face" once before... Kria has quite the odd choice of names, indeed...

icarus

sibling rivalry brings out the best in people...but certainly not in their witty comebacks, it seems :o

i wonder of kria has her house set up so specific types of magic are easily used, but others aren't? it might help prevent magic-using adventurers from causing unwanted trouble.

but then again, kria does revel in mayhem. soooo...

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Off to his summer home/castle to begin world domination plans again, maidens/fae sacrifices on standby.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Hatsuyuki on March 28, 2009, 02:28:28 AM
Is he teleporting? Nice. Probably something demons can do that an (inadept?) cubi's without Warp-Aci Cannot.

Most Creatures can teleport unaided.  Aniz did so in Abel's Story and he didn't require a warp-aci.  As I understand it, they are mostly a fashion accessory.

As for Kria, it looks very much to me like she is a 'retired demon' in the same way Dan is a retired adventurer.

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 28, 2009, 06:17:52 AM
Off to his summer home/castle to begin world domination plans again, maidens/fae sacrifices on standby.
If not, there's always Regina.

EDIT:
Looks like Kria is going to need a new maid.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

icarus

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 28, 2009, 06:21:03 AM

fortunately, dan probably looks pretty good in the stereotypical french getup...

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Terrion

Quote from: icarus on March 28, 2009, 06:44:14 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 28, 2009, 06:21:03 AM

fortunately, dan probably looks pretty good in the stereotypical french getup...

:eek

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, now that Aliph and Regina are gone, I suppose we'll see if Kria really was fooled by Lorenda's ploy, or had been using it as a convenient excuse to save the hot cubi beefsteak from being pummeled into low grade hamburger by her brother...

Dem

Heh...the panel made me laught too.

QuoteAnyway, now that Aliph and Regina are gone, I suppose we'll see if Kria really was fooled by Lorenda's ploy, or had been using it as a convenient excuse to save the hot cubi beefsteak from being pummeled into low grade hamburger by her brother...

I personally believe Kria just wanted an excuse. I suppose we'll see it sooner or later, but Kria doesn't seem "stupid" enough not to notice. Her character is more like random, not stupid.

btw. Did those red markings on DP face change? I looked around a bit and to me it seems they have been different each time he's been around. Often just slightly, which could be Amber just doing it a bit different each time, but there are several times where difference is more noticeable. Possibility it changes each time he is resurrected, which would be somewhat nice detail?

Michael Chandra

Yay! Finally a new story-arc!

And DP lost the right at calling that place home when he first died. Pretty sure laws don't cover returning from the dead as a way to reclaim your inheritage.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Michael Chandra on March 28, 2009, 08:19:13 AM
And DP lost the right at calling that place home when he first died. Pretty sure laws don't cover returning from the dead as a way to reclaim your inheritage.

... whose laws, Michael? For all we know, the laws in Furrae are different...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Jairus on March 28, 2009, 04:08:16 AM
Justifiably, given Dan's career choice, but I highly doubt that Dan would kill Kria, let alone Lorenda.

Ironically, Dan's initial approach to dealing with preventing DP's resurrection was to try to negotiate; that is certainly not the hack and slash adventurer mentality/stereotype that DP is warning Kria of.

Quote from: PinkKitty on March 28, 2009, 04:45:29 AM
Outside of this comic... I had only ever heard the term "butt-face" once before... Kria has quite the odd choice of names, indeed...

Maybe Kria isn't really that bad of a demon, only slightly damned.

EDIT:
Merged double-post.  Please don't do it again.
-TW

Quote from: Terrion on March 28, 2009, 06:59:30 AM
Anyway, now that Aliph and Regina are gone, I suppose we'll see if Kria really was fooled by Lorenda's ploy, or had been using it as a convenient excuse to save the hot cubi beefsteak from being pummeled into low grade hamburger by her brother...

Maybe she did see through it, and maybe she *wants* it to really happen?

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 28, 2009, 08:56:42 AM
Quote from: Shadowcatcher on March 28, 2009, 08:52:16 AM
EDIT:
Merged double-post.  Please don't do it again.
-TW

Why do I bother?

Because I was in the middle of another post when you did the merge. Sorry.

Tapewolf

LionHeart

Quote from: Michael Chandra on March 28, 2009, 08:19:13 AMAnd DP lost the right at calling that place home when he first died. Pretty sure laws don't cover returning from the dead as a way to reclaim your inheritage.
I wouldn't count on it.

Remember, this is a world in which an Undead successfully prosecuted her own murderer...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Noone

Quote from: LionHeart on March 28, 2009, 08:57:09 AM
Remember, this is a world in which an Undead successfully prosecuted her own murderer...
And one where a creature murdering twelve beings only results in a fine. The only repercussions for dissident behavior would be the responses of those slighted. Demons run their society on power, so I get the impression they don't feel obligated to adhere to anyone that they can't be intimidated by, or any sort of legal code.

The way I envision the whole 'who's house it is' thing, (and I could very well be wrong on this of course), there isn't really any legal deed to the property, just whomever is inhabiting the place at the time. Of course, I would imagine total strangers don't come in out of fear of being killed, but, by this view, anyone could say, come in, throw Kria out, and face no legal repercussions. Now of course, the response to that behavior would likely be Kria, and her relatives and friends, coming in and getting rid of whomever threw her out. But, if the invading person(s) are powerful enough to throw Kria out successfully, I would think that such an arrangement would stay.

Now I don't think DP would be willing to throw Kria out of her own house, and probably not able. But, I suppose if he could, and proved to be stronger, then there aren't any authorities that are going to intervene on the matter.

Naturally, this is how I perceive the system to work anyways...

tiggertoo

Heh, Kria's gone old school on DP (I like Dark Buttface as his new name  :) ). I find Regina's expression very interesting here, as she looks at Kria as they fade out -- she looks very worried, concerned -- seemingly not just for herself (note that she's even helping DP there, holding him up).

Kria is someone she has great respect for -- is Regina taking DP's statements at face value? Very likely, considering Dan almost turned her into finely sliced deli meat. Perhaps she's also realizing that she may have greatly offended Kria by attacking Kria's guest in her own home? Or perhaps she's thinking that she may have brought the wrath of Dan down upon her family, at least upon her Aunt and Uncle (she wouldn't care about Lorenda of course)? Perhaps the realization that she has managed to hurt and endanger people she actually admires and cares about will take her a tiny step towards maturity (but of course, this *is* Regina we're talking about).

Tapewolf

Quote from: tiggertoo on March 28, 2009, 09:38:53 AM
Heh, Kria's gone old school on DP (I like Dark Buttface as his new name  :) ). I find Regina's expression very interesting here, as she looks at Kria as they fade out -- she looks very worried, concerned -- seemingly not just for herself (note that she's even helping DP there, holding him up).

Well, Regina was sent there to act as Kria's maid for a reason.  Whatever it was, she seems to have botched it very badly.  All the worse if the 'incident' she was sent there to lay low from is the one that inspired Dan's righteous outburst.