03/16/09 [DMFA #983] - Oh, Kria.

Started by Jairus, March 15, 2009, 11:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

More crest now. And that is exactly what Kria would say. Poor Lorenda.

Also, go Dan using your wings to cut Aliph!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Draken

OW!  hand breakage for the win!!

Go DAN!

*EDIT*
Yep, seeing the eyes goe glowy.  Cool!

Hope there's magic.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Corgatha Taldorthar

Is it me, or are Dan's eyes turning blue?

Magic usage coming up praps?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AndersW

Looks like they are not interfering with the fight.

edit: how did someone beat me to posting this.

senrath

And once again, Kria manages to make me laugh.

And yikes, DP almost got his hand chopped off, by the looks of things.

M

Looks like it's Dan's turn to cause some pain.

Glowy eyes are a fun sign.

AndersW

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 15, 2009, 11:51:28 PM

His eyes did turn blue.  Like his clan mark.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jairus

I just realized something: Dan's still thinking clearly. In the last comic, Aliph told Dan that his wings were the toughest parts of his body, and look what Dan does as soon as he can get a solid hit in. Good job picking that up, Dan.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Raiettei

I like how Kria is acting like... well... how we'd expect her to act.

I'm also loving how Dan is acting MUCH LESS like the random attacker like we saw him as earlier, and more like... the adventurer that he is.

Feel free to berate me for everything I just said.

I am tired right now, and nothing I said probably made much sense.

Seth

Quote from: Jairus on March 16, 2009, 12:05:58 AM
I just realized something: Dan's still thinking clearly. In the last comic, Aliph told Dan that his wings were the toughest parts of his body, and look what Dan does as soon as he can get a solid hit in. Good job picking that up, Dan.

I think you give Dan too much credit. He may have just acted on instincts. Wait... if that was true, he'd have ale in his hands.... :mowdizzy
If you know what I did... Then kudos to you.

Baal Hadad

Yikes!!!

Okay, this is getting a little intense....

But yeah, good move on Dan's part there....

Teh_Hobo

YESS. YEEESSSSS.  Fight scenes + comedy = WIN. Also is it me or does the mark on his shoulder look a bit like a smiley sticking out  its tongue?
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Hellcat

Me thinks maybe when DMFA ends, that it will continue in a different name with a one up rating

Faerie Alex

Quote from: AndersW on March 15, 2009, 11:57:58 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 15, 2009, 11:51:28 PM

His eyes did turn blue.  Like his clan mark.
I have to wonder if it's something like Aniz's out-of-control-Cubi mode from this one. Granted, not exactly the same, but it came to mind.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Baal Hadad

Man, I already said Dan's starting to look like Aniz....   :erk

e_voyager

i think i said with Kria on this one. when they are don she'll have seen which on is better if not how dan kills her bother how her brother kills the one that has killed him so many times.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Hellcat

you know... I actually am starting to dislike Lorenda... She just so un demon like.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Hellcat on March 16, 2009, 12:37:43 AM
you know... I actually am starting to dislike Lorenda... She just so un demon like.

Which is exacly why she's needed, to balance out Kria (as well as all the other demons herein contained).  ;)

Cvstos

OK, now that's a little more like it! It's good to see Dan *finally* giving as good as he gets. And glowy eyes = win, plus more clan symbol. That makes me feel much better.

But by far the biggest piece of win here is still Kria. She's quickly moving up the rankings of funniest character.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Teroniss

Quote from: senrath on March 15, 2009, 11:53:00 PM

Judging from DP's cry of pain in the last panel, I think he did >.>

GabrielsThoughts

and then the xenomorphic alien busts out of Dan's chest and....wait that's not right.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Cogidubnus

Yup, that's a Cyra clan mark, all right.

So, when they're at the morgue, if the gaping chest wound doesn't help them with the body, the mark will definitely be a good ID.

e_voyager

maybe not right and out of place but it would be funny

still i have to ask why on the shoulder? why not the forehead or chest or something like that?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

senrath

Quote from: Teroniss on March 16, 2009, 01:03:48 AM
Quote from: senrath on March 15, 2009, 11:53:00 PM

Judging from DP's cry of pain in the last panel, I think he did >.>
I dunno, I think I'd scream a lot if I got my arm cut straight to the bone, possibly breaking said bone in the process.  Cutting all the way through wouldn't be necessary for that kind of reaction, I don't think.

!KCA

I was actually expecting Dan to wrap his tentacles around Dark Pegasus' arm and turn it into a pile of steaks. Funny, DP basically making the same tactical error as Dan. That's right, Aliph, give your opponent useful advice then expose yourself to the enemy.

A few people have lamented about DP's wavering levels of genre savvy. I don't buy it.

Consider: The last fight between Daniel and Aliph didn't have to turn out so well for Dan. Dark Pegasus essentially has unlimited retries. A double knockout is a victory for DP. So, they both die. Dan gets a bittersweet ending and a heroes burial. Al gets brought back to try again without interference. It's a perfectly reasonable Xanatos gambit. I'd have done it in his position, if only for the lulz. Of course, Mab and Wildy's presence sort of negated the overall effectiveness of the gambit at permanently getting rid of Dan.

GabrielsThoughts

the clan marking changes too much, maybe it's appearance on Dan's arm will give it a permanent form.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Mwa

I think kira is my favourite character. That last line made me roar with laughter. Also, whoo for glowing eyes. Looks like we'll get some real pain an destruction soon! ^_^
Though how Amber will manage that with a pg rating, I dunno...

mopman

Tough to break up a fight between two characters that powerful , unless you could shock them at the same time somehow?
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Fex

good advice when fighting with someone, don't tell them things they don't know so that they can use it against you :U