12/22/08 [DMFA #958] - Well, I think rattlesnakes are adorable.

Started by Angel, December 22, 2008, 12:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

My God... I actually get to start the topic...  :U I have long dreamt about having this kind of power...

Anyways. This was my thoughtstream upon reading the comic: "My GOD, this one is well-drawn! The shadows and the colors are perfect! It's amazing! Oh, hey, Abel's shirtless."

Now I'm starting to wonder if something's wrong with me...

Also, chibi-eyed Alexsi: terrifying or adorable? You decide.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

superluser

How did Cindy Lou Who get teleported to Lost Lake?

And why did she get teleported back after only one panel?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lisky

... THE CAKE IS A LIE...
sorry, couldn't help myself
back on topic, it just shows that with the right bribe, you can avoid Alex's wrath... well, either that, or Abel is setting himself up for something horribly unpleasant

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Madmann135

Chibi eyes on Lexi.. both terrifying and adorable.  Lets not forget she's the daughter of EVIL (stepdaughter actually, from her succubus mother side). 
If you take into consideration Lexi's interesting family tree in just the last two known generations I would not be surprised if Abel went hiding under the stairs again.

their parents are no pushovers. 
Lexi has invented the sport "patron gulf," probably hold all the records :p, and she's got an impressive victory/defeat ratio.
Dan is a retired adventurer, he had a rocky start but became well known in a good way.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Gamma

Hehe, looks like he had to give her about 1/4 of the cake. What a wonderful bribe, seems like it might be a spice cake too, mmmmm..... (No fricken Dune jokes please.)

Too bad it's going to come back to bite Abel, she'll be after him for gaining a pound or two come morning. :mwaha
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Colgatecrusader

It just goes to show cake can calm even the most dangerous beasts... Wait a minute.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Ren Gaulen

I really feel like saying exactly what Abel said. Except for the rattlesnake part. I don't have a cake at hand. :paranoid

Quote from: Gamma on December 22, 2008, 01:30:43 AM
Hehe, looks like he had to give her about 1/4 of the cake. What a wonderful bribe, seems like it might be a spice cake too, mmmmm..... (No fricken Dune jokes please.)
Cake must flow.

Fex

its now prove she and Dan are really family. Normally I would expect Dan too do something like that .... oh and the cake is a lie

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Fex on December 22, 2008, 04:55:57 AM
oh and the cake is a lie
The cake is obviously the truth. Otherwise Abel wouldn't have gotten away with his joke.

MT Hazard

OK people (and equivalent) who designed a character to fill the bodyguard role as soon as Merlitz went to find himself?

I'm not ashamed to say I did, even went as far as thinking up a whole tortured background.
Of course the chances of getting him in now are slim to none, even before this cameo auction.

He lives now in my head, where he can get a flat at a reasonable price in some of the low traffic areas.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 22, 2008, 04:32:57 AM
[The] Cake must flow.
Only if you forgot to cook it.

Anyway, Abel has every right to be scared of Alexsi.  Heck, she threatened to beat up a Fae.

And here's hoping things go okay for Amber since it seems her big day isn't far off.

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 22, 2008, 06:18:06 AM
OK people (and equivalent) who designed a character to fill the bodyguard role as soon as Merlitz went to find himself?
I imagined Abel would fill in the role, actually.  He's got the skills, and a two-year stretch as a doorman would pass the time.  The only caveat would be that he'd have to run off each time Dan goes off on some weird adventure.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Gamma on December 22, 2008, 01:30:43 AM(No fricken Dune jokes please.)
Cake must flow.

I must eat cake.
Cake is the mind-food.
Cake is the little bread that brings morbid obesity.
I will face my cake.
I will permit it to pass into me and through me.
And when it is gone, I will turn to the weighing scale to see its path.
Where the cake has gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2008, 07:00:14 AM
I must eat cake.
Cake is the mind-food.
I will face my cake.
Only I will remain.

That is awesome.  Though I'm not sure Gamma will quite see it that way.  No Dune jokes indeed...

Turnsky

I really feel like saying exactly what Abel said. Except for the rattlesnake part. I don't have a cake at hand. :paranoid

Cake must flow.

you do realise you oughta recolor your avatar's eyes to that typical bright blue of a Spice user.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on December 22, 2008, 07:51:19 AM
you do realise you oughta recolor your avatar's eyes to that typical bright blue of a Spice user.  :U
Don't give llearch ideas.

AndersW

Amber is planning on working Christmas Eve?  Thats not right.  Feel free to take the 24th and 25th off Amber.  You deserve it.

Lucheek

From this comic, I, too, got the idea that Abel might take up the Body Gaurd position. I'm sure that his huge array of SAIA classes had something like "boucing" and "fixing stuff" in them. Though it does seem unlikely that Abel would offer himself to be more...uh, public than his normal habits.

Also- I guess Furres don't have a shedding problem when it comes to food preperation. Either that, or nobody here cares when there's a splash of fur in their cake.

Sunblink

Corgatha Taldorthar

I find it interesting that Alexsi actually can act cute if she wanted too. Tobe honest, I'm surprised that she isn't showing strain in the third panel from the effort.

I have to admit though (please don't kill me for saying this) that the third panel threw me off a bit with the eyebrows showing through both speaker's hair.

And what happened to Jyrras? He was just there a second ago..........
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmigaDragon

Too bad it's going to come back to bite Abel, she'll be after him for gaining a pound or two come morning. :mwaha

Was it a pound cake he baked? :mowmeep  :mowcookie
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Aisha deCabre

That whole cake thing has really gotten old, like centuries old by now, but I digress.

If it's not the sugar-eyes in the second panel that kills me, it's the smug-ish look on Abel's face in the third.  I can see him saying it through his teeth.  :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

techmaster-glitch

I must say, the slideshow of excellent facial expressions in one comic is stunning :)

Dagardo

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 22, 2008, 06:46:28 PM
I must say, the slideshow of excellent facial expressions in one comic is stunning :)

:yeahthat And everything else about this one comic me thinks.  :goamber Keep it up!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mischa

Quote from: Dagardo on December 22, 2008, 06:51:49 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 22, 2008, 06:46:28 PM

:yeahthat And everything else about this one comic me thinks.  :goamber Keep it up!

I have to agree!  The expressions were fantastic!  This may become one of my favorite comics, methinks... XD

superluser

Naldru

I was thinking that one of the jobs that Alexsi might need filled is that of cook or at least substitute cook.  What I would also find interesting was whether Alexsi learned techniques from her mother on how to cloud her thoughts for protection against mind-readers.  Of course, Destania could have given her a mind shield like Abel gave Jyrras.

Also just because somebody is evil doesn't mean that they would make a bad employer.  Doesn't the Evil Overlord handbook have something about not killing your minions out of hand?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

e_voyager

Alexi looks cure enough to kill.

cake is the power that binds us and breaks us down
our strength  flows  form it and out weakness weight it down.
where for this this horrible curse and wondrous gift come?
heaven scent to lift us ever higher
or devils temptation to draw us down?
the cake the cake for it all else do you forsake
and when all else is done rivers dry and courses run
when there is no more need for this debate
a voice says let them eat cake!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tezkat

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2008, 07:00:14 AM
I must eat cake.
Cake is the mind-food.
I will face my cake.
Only I will remain.

Brilliant. :mowcookie

Is it just me, or are Abel's pants a bit too high in the second panel?

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...