12/15/08 [DMFA #956] - Was Jyrras Always This Way?

Started by Rafe, December 14, 2008, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Was Jyrras always this easy to scare, or are we getting set up for something?  Maybe Jy will go on another self-assertiveness kick. 

I'm also wondering if this is the first time he's actually squeaked.
Rafe

Naldru

Extraordinary can be high or low.  At least we know whose kitchen it is.

edit:  All I can say is that the moderators are incredibly fast when it comes to catching the people who come in second in starting a topic.

Another edit:

The combination of being easily startled and having access to farming and mining equipment could be troublesome.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Rafe

Also, Abel has one green oven-mit, and one brown.  Shouldn't they be green and blue?
Rafe

Corgatha Taldorthar

Hmm, Jyrras's ineptitude at food making seems to be fairly well known.

Something else occured to me, while most of the rest of the cast wears at least semi-modern clothing styles, Alexsi always seems to wear one of those corest/bodice pieces, with sleeves matching her skirt like you see in a Ren Faire. Anyone have any idea what it's supposed to represent?

Edit: I think that's green and Red, which were the same colors that they were in the previous panels

Edit #2: Please don't interrupt any posible explanation on Abel's part as to how classes at SAIA work. I really am quite fascinated myself at the school.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lego3400

Seeing as Lexi is there I think we've decided this is Lost Lake's kitchen. Since Abel is living there, it's not surprising.

superluser

Looks like either a sheetcake or light-colored brownies.

So, do the SAIA teachers prefer lecturing from a standardized text or using the more Socratic method of interactive class participation?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

e_voyager

always easy to scare? probably but he's also a fighters especially with a weapon in hand again some one you won't stop poking at him. he never  used a weapon again Wildly thought  so i wonder on that front.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Rafe on December 14, 2008, 11:04:41 PM
Also, Abel has one green oven-mit, and one brown.  Shouldn't they be green and blue?
Quote from: Lego3400 on December 14, 2008, 11:15:34 PM
Seeing as Lexi is there I think we've decided this is Lost Lake's kitchen. Since Abel is living there, it's not surprising.

And so it's more likely her oven mitts, not his (and like Corgatha suggested, I'm seeing one as red, not brown).

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Michel Richard Delalande - Symphony of Noels (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

senrath

I really love Abel's expression in the last panel.  If it weren't for the fact that it's the exact same one as in the first panel, he'd actually look a bit hurt at not being "special".

And has anyone else watched the video Amber linked in the news post?  After watching it, I bookmarked it.  Then watched it two more times :U

mopman

Good luck with the paperwork Amber , I hope things go smoothly  :eager
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Gamma

Jyrras has always seemed easy to spook, #1 #2 etc.
I'll admit they weren't the best situations but still, he fainted every time. Not exactly the best at surviving since nothing with an IQ above a Mow falls for "playing possum."

Quote from: superluser on December 14, 2008, 11:47:19 PM
So, do the SAIA teachers prefer lecturing from a standardized text or using the more Socratic method of interactive class participation?
Probably so with examples or labs.

*oven door closes*
"... and set to 450 degrees for three and a half hours. Remember to check in on your dish every fifteen minutes or so. It might need to be rotated to cook evenly."
"Uhm.. Teach. Why don't we hear any screaming? Is it just a prop or something?"
"Why no, of course not. Here in the Home-EC class we have to use sound proof ovens so we don't disturb the nearby classes."

Amber, stop being so worried about the comic! We Will Wait. And for as long as it might take. If anyone does say anything bad about it, well we'll just have to do a little bit of IP tracking won't we. :veryevil

Now where is that bloody crowbar?
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

superluser

Quote from: senrath on December 15, 2008, 01:48:54 AMAnd has anyone else watched the video Amber linked in the news post?  After watching it, I bookmarked it.  Then watched it two more times :U

I was with it until Charlie Chaplin Godwinned the film.  Or wait...was that when he was out of character?

Quote from: Gamma on December 15, 2008, 02:20:15 AMNow where is that bloody crowbar?

It's been delivered to the Large Hadron Collider.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jairus

Ah, poor Jy-Jy. Freaked out so easily. Though to be fair, I can imagine a few circumstances where most people would be reasonably freaked out by their shadow.

As for Amber... take your time. Get the paperwork done right. And don't worry about the comic. And good luck.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

kaskar

8) However, even Abel can be scared by Lexi at times ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Alondro

*Charline grins*  Delicious fear!  I'd be quite well-nourished with Jyrras to feast upon!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmigaDragon

Quote from: senrath on December 15, 2008, 01:48:54 AM
And has anyone else watched the video Amber linked in the news post?  After watching it, I bookmarked it.  Then watched it two more times :U

Does anyone know what the superman-shirt-reveal is from, just before Superman flying with the flag?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

AndersW

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 15, 2008, 01:06:57 PM
Quote from: senrath on December 15, 2008, 01:48:54 AM

Does anyone know what the superman-shirt-reveal is from, just before Superman flying with the flag?

The Goonies

A classic movie about buried treasure.  In todays day and age.

Alondro

Ah, the Goonies. 

Twas a favorite when I was a lad.

It's such a fun, silly movie you can't help but like it.  Kinda like the way I felt about "The Monster Squad".    :zombiekun2

Aren't any made like that anymore.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on December 15, 2008, 11:00:19 AM
*Charline grins*  Delicious fear!  I'd be quite well-nourished with Jyrras to feast upon!   :mwaha
Quote from: kaskar on December 15, 2008, 05:15:37 AM

I suspect that Alexsi could terrify Charline.

Edit:

Is it my imagination, or is this the first time I've seen Alexsi happy?

My mistake.  I have seen her smile before.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

Quote from: Naldru on December 15, 2008, 02:48:37 PM
Quote from: Alondro on December 15, 2008, 11:00:19 AM
*Charline grins*  Delicious fear!  I'd be quite well-nourished with Jyrras to feast upon!   :mwaha
Quote from: kaskar on December 15, 2008, 05:15:37 AM

I suspect that Alexis could terrify Charline.

*Charline does not think so*  Feh, as if any Being could scare me!   >:[

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Rafe on December 14, 2008, 10:53:43 PM

I'm also wondering if this is the first time he's actually squeaked.

Probably not, at least if Wildy makes a joke in his name about it, then he's probably done it a few times. Almost definitely because of something Wildy's done...   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

AndersW

Quote from: Alondro on December 15, 2008, 05:39:17 PM

*Starts pointing behind Charline*

Jer-oh-me

God, I totally relate. I'm really skittish, especially when I'm caffeinated and it's dark, and especially when the former and I've just watched a scary movie or read a book of the same calibre. Also I get this effect from thinking of predator animals slinking around in the darkness, stalking me. And Really, Jy is trapped betwixt two large felines, albeit benign ones.

*hears a random sound and bolts toward the ceiling*

Slowtini

Quote from: AndersW on December 15, 2008, 09:16:03 PM
Quote from: Alondro on December 15, 2008, 05:39:17 PM

*Starts pointing behind Charline*

Stop pointing at me. :|

------------
This update made me happy. Not the normal HAHA happy, but the glowy, all over happy.
THE HAPPY, IT HAS REACHED CRITICAL MASS.

Lego3400

Maybe the mitts are red and green for Xmas. Also Abel's had only two expressions this set of strips. Smirking and totally stoic.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Come on, Abel's smirk is what makes the character.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

The more I look at this strip, the more I wish Jyrras had asked Abel "What are you studying?"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 14, 2008, 11:06:29 PM
Something else occured to me, while most of the rest of the cast wears at least semi-modern clothing styles, Alexsi always seems to wear one of those corest/bodice pieces, with sleeves matching her skirt like you see in a Ren Faire. Anyone have any idea what it's supposed to represent?

One thing I've been wondering a while now is... What holds the sleeves up? it appears they're not attached to any part of the outfit.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Peter Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 5: Waltz (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 16, 2008, 06:38:21 PM
One thing I've been wondering a while now is... What holds the sleeves up? it appears they're not attached to any part of the outfit.
The bristles of her fur?  Static?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Howl

Seems like a lot of female characters wear that sort of outfit...

And Abel.