11/12/08 [DMFA #951] - Flour does tend to be magnetic in comedies

Started by superluser, November 12, 2008, 01:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

When did they start cooking?

And I'm curious.  Who is that in the picture in the first frame?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jairus

No clue, but I like the colors on them, whoever they are.

Well, this explains why Kria was in Zinvth when Abel went there all those years ago. And it's actually pretty interesting info.

And Jyrras is back in the picture! Yay! Ahem... scratch my theory that Jyrras might actually know how to cook. He probably survives on microwave meals and oven dinners and stuff like that. Maybe to-go from the pizza place. The frazzled tail fluff looks cute on him. As for Abel knowing how to cook, for some reason I am not surprised. But poor Jyrras.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Valynth

I'm with Jyrras.  Cooking is stupid and not suited to real men.

*timer dings*

And that would be my brownies

EEK! my brownies!  *runs off, wearing his pink "kiss the cook" apron*

I never said I was real
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

techmaster-glitch

Jyrras has always been my favorite character, but now I like him even more :3

I wonder what precisely the flour did...

AmigaDragon

I suspect the picture would be Kria's mother or some other ancestor (or sister, cousin, whatever).

I gather that Abel has had at least some classes in Home-Ec, from his reaction here, or at least dragged into class before. I would think they might even have cooking classes separate from Home-Ec which he may have taken for a decade or two.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ghostwish

He's probably only in the kitchen because Abel isn't wearing a shirt, the dirty little perv..

senrath

Heh, from the looks of things Jyrras should team up with Mab to bake some cookies.

Darkdragon

Jyrras and Mab should compete to make the worst brownies.  :)

I'm actually more interested in the history of the Soulstealer family than what happened to Jyrras. Heck, I can hardly every even get our microwave working right. (It being in a non-English language probably has something to do with it)

Ganurath

NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Alterationartist

I'm not sure what expression Jyrras has under that bowl, but the mouth says its full of lol and win. Also wewtz.
Round 9!

mopman

Well if the two of them get together I can guess who will be doing the cooking  :mowsmile

Oh and I love the look on Fluffy's face . You have heard of someones inner child? I think Fluffy is Ambers inner adult .
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Elieana

Quote from: Darkdragon on November 12, 2008, 02:58:56 AM
Heck, I can hardly every even get our microwave working right. (It being in a non-English language probably has something to do with it)

There's no foreign language for numbers >_>

senrath

Quote from: Elieana on November 12, 2008, 05:05:32 AM
Quote from: Darkdragon on November 12, 2008, 02:58:56 AM
Heck, I can hardly every even get our microwave working right. (It being in a non-English language probably has something to do with it)

There's no foreign language for numbers >_>
Well, it could be in roman numerals...

But there are plenty of buttons on most microwaves that could be in another language.  Heck, from microwave to microwave, I often have troubles (if only because power settings tend to change drastically).

llearch n'n'daCorna

What annoys me is the microwaves that don't have anything but a set of buttons with little images on them.

What do you do if you want two potatoes, instead of one? Or if you want to heat something that isn't on the list? Which one do you use? Guess? Poke buttons at random, and hit the "stop" button when it's done?

Doesn't that totally invalidate the whole point of having preset buttons, in that you can push the button and walk away, and the 'wave will cook and then turn itself off?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jer-oh-me

Well Jy rules the world of technology, I'm not surprised he can't cook. If anybody recognises this obtusely obscure reference I'll be surprised.

Llearch, I see that as anticipation of smart but cheap appliances. Just wait, couple more years and you'll have an iTouch Screen on your molecular resynchronizer. But I'd wait a few months before buying one.

Ren Gaulen

"Screw the cooking, I have money!" ..Nah, Jyrras isn't Kaiba.

Jer-oh-me

Victoire Épique

Ooh! Ooh! What're they making?
I'm hungry and everything...

And that's actually happened to me with flour. Apparently it tends to stick when you have it dumped over your head after a shower. :c

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Brunhidden

many thoughts come to mind, five to be exact

first- *facepalm* dear frigg, that exact scene happened between me and my wife when we were dating. come to think of it i was shirtless then too, in jeans, with almost the same height contrast.  the big diffrence was she said 'i have boobs, i can get people to cook FOR me' which was obviously true.                
FYI i was making crepes.    :mowcookie

second- cooking with a furry chest and no shirt is bad, as ive gotten many complaints of fuzzy food, however i guess the residents of furrae are used to a little extra fiber in their diet.... although one wonders what happens when you ingest fuzz from magical chefs
:doommuffin

third- why are abel and jyjy in the same kitchen? if abel is helping out at lost lake, i somehow doubt jyjy often wanders into their back room to scope the kitchen. if abel is crashing at jyjy's mansion that raises many questions heavily revolving about his shirtlessness

fourth- the only answer to the statement above would be if theyre both baking a surprise birthday cake or something, which would make much sense as not many actual meals require a large bowl of flour and tis a convenient 'friends in cahoots in secret' scenerio :bday

fifth- am i the only one to note thats jyjy's EXACT experession from his 'perfect date' appearance?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

GundamDragon

I'm with the kangarorat on this one F cooking. I'll order delivery. Plus ween i cook the kitchen blows up thats why i became a merc so i get payed to blow stuff up.

Madmann135

I find it funny that Jyrras can't cook or bake...  
Cooking is literally chemestry, science and skill.
I also find it funny that Jyrras hasn't built a machine out of stainless steel and with lots of sharp parts to do the cooking for him.
... Who says Jyrras isn't a mad scientist.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 12, 2008, 02:04:45 AM
I gather that Abel has had at least some classes in Home-Ec, from his reaction here, or at least dragged into class before.

The implication I took from that strip is that HE for 'Cubi isn't about cooking at all, but has a lot more murder and pain involved since they don't eat food.  Hence, Abel is running because he doesn't like the subject matter, not because he hates cooking.

QuoteI would think they might even have cooking classes separate from Home-Ec which he may have taken for a decade or two.
I'd go with that, personally.  According to the cast page, he seems to derive most of his sustenance from food rather than emotions.  I came away with the impression that he enjoys cooking for its own sake as well, e.g. strip 547 and 569.

But dammit, I wanted to hear what Kria was going to say  :<

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Victoire Épique

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 12, 2008, 08:20:11 AM
fifth- am i the only one to note thats jyjy's EXACT experession from his 'perfect date' appearance?
I noticed. c:
-proudface-

Corgatha Taldorthar

For where Jyras and Abel are, I'd have to guess long lake. The colors are too drab for Jyras's place, which tends towards the bright, specifically orange. Secondly, look how high the counter is. Why would Jyras order furnishings that are too big for him to easily use? (Although there is that one strip where he has trouble getting onto the same table that Lorenda is eating at, blegh.)

As for the picture, maybe it's Kria herself with some dye or something? They look a *lot* alike, which could be family similarity, but I think it's interesting that the figure has black hair and red stripes, wheras Kria has the reverse. It makes me a little suspicious of a "relative theory" given that the stripes seem to have the *excact* same placement as Kria. Besides, Kria seems vain enough to comission a picture of herself.

Something that piqued my interest was Dan's wing in the first panel. Usually, those wings hang behind his back, so either he's pulled it in front of himself, or he's walking backwards for some reason. Perhaps Kria stripped him of his shirt and he is trying to cover up  :U
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Rakala

Lego3400

This is the first some of you have notice Abel is a good cook? It was implyed multibe times.

• In strip 547 he had not only repainted his and Dan's room, he also made breakfest. Tastey looking too :3
  • In strip 569 he had time to make Jy brunch while he was out cold.
  • In strip 676 he was makeing a Quiche when the arrow with the note about Lexi being "Kidnapped" flew in the window. 

Rakala

Not to mention he probably would have to cook since he seems quite self reliant.

Caswin

Oh, Jyrras, why must you distract with your wacky antics and well-written fumbling?  I was listening to that!
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 12, 2008, 11:31:06 AM
This is the first some of you have notice Abel is a good cook? It was implyed multibe times.

• In strip 547 he had not only repainted his and Dan's room, he also made breakfest. Tastey looking too :3
  • In strip 569 he had time to make Jy brunch while he was out cold.
  • In strip 676 he was makeing a Quiche when the arrow with the note about Lexi being "Kidnapped" flew in the window. 

Neither Dan nor Jy actually ate his food. It's pretty well established that Abel cooks. Whether or not he's a *good* cook is a totally different question :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.