06/11/2008 [Abel 2 #035] - What do I make of this?

Started by Ghostwish, November 07, 2008, 01:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

Wow, I don't even know what to make of him this time. Me finks Mrs. Williams is just stringing out the suspense.

Thoughts?

Edit:
Fixed your thread topic.
  -- llearch

Edit2: HELP! I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED BY BOXEN! HE'S HOLDING ME IN HIS BASEMENT! SEND HELP!

superluser

Abel is not responding logically, but rather fraking out and acting extremely emotional (which I think I would be doing, as well, so it's not a criticism).  But Devin is acting supremely cool and logical.

That suggests that Devin isn't in Abel's head.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Cvstos

Or it's some piece of Abel's mind trying to sort things out, so it's acting way more logical than the rest of Abel's mind. :mowninja

We definitely need more information before being able to make a solid assumption here. If we try now the only end result will be Amber secretly cackling in joy at our deliberations. (Not that such a thing would be bad, mind you. Given the stress she seems to be under lately I think she could use a few good laughs. Go watch The Producers, Amber! Live at a theater, if possible, the new movie if not.)
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: superluser on November 07, 2008, 02:04:14 AM
Abel is not responding logically, but rather fraking out and acting extremely emotional (which I think I would be doing, as well, so it's not a criticism).  But Devin is acting supremely cool and logical.

..Unless Abel has spontaneously developed a split personality. :B

mopman

If its part of himself then its very good , the approach is very proper and right out of textbook psychology.

Rule 1 put a patient at ease ideally by finding something he/she can relate to.

Rule 2 make sure the patient knows he/she is the one that has to make the choices.

I wont give away the rest by telling the other rules.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Dagardo

Well if Devin isn't in Abels head I suppose that's reason enough for him to be acting cool and logical.

superluser

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 07, 2008, 02:21:14 AM..Unless Abel has spontaneously developed a split personality. :B

This is also possible.  I wanted to suggest it, but it sounded too cliche.  It also leaves open the possibility that Devin is a separate personality (who either never existed or got absorbed in the battle), and I didn't feel like getting that far into it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I love how Devin is still all sarcastic.

... but then, I would, wouldn't I?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on November 07, 2008, 02:04:14 AM

I still think Abel's asleep and Devin is an avatar of some 'Cubi who is trying to help him recover.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eagle0600

Dagardo

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2008, 04:16:27 AM
Quote from: superluser on November 07, 2008, 02:04:14 AMAbel is not responding logically, but rather fraking out and acting extremely emotional (which I think I would be doing, as well, so it's not a criticism).  But Devin is acting supremely cool and logical.

I still think Abel's asleep and Devin is an avatar of some 'Cubi who is trying to help him recover.

Well, my assertion was that Abel isn't making him up, so that's certainly one way that could happen.

MT Hazard

Well as long as they don't start a fight club or start making explosives out of soap..
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 07, 2008, 06:40:56 AM
Well as long as they don't start a fight club or start making explosives out of soap..
Depends if the situation is real.  If Abel is dreaming and realises it, there are all sort of possibilities.  Beating the crud out of Devin for the rocks, for one...

Rakala

Wll, we can all guess one thing for certain, and that is Abel probably isn't going to kill himelf.  :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rakala on November 07, 2008, 07:11:32 AM
Wll, we can all guess one thing for certain, and that is Abel probably isn't going to kill himelf.  :B
'Course, if things do get worse rather than better (or at least stable) he might make the attempt.

Rakala

True, there is always the possibility of an attempt. I mean a normal being probably couldn't stop another from killing themself reasonably (although they could give them medical care or something) with long tentacles and Fa'lina's ability to remove emotions it could probably be completely stopped easily.

Lego3400

There truely are only three salutions. this is something in his mind, another Cubi casting an Illusion spell or he really his a ghost.  all have likely been mentioned and I'm just :deadhorse

Madmann135

Looks like Devin is acting like an anchor for Abel's sanity.  Split personalites can be fun but the real problem comes in if they try to take over.
Me thinks Abel is more concerned that Devin is there than anything else.  Devin just apears to be having a little fun and has accepted his prediciment.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

GundamDragon

He can still be a ghost i'm still holding on the Abel's old budy is hang on to him for some resone or a nother.

Ghostwish

Well this is exactly why I named this thread what I did. There are so many different ways this could go right now. I'm just going to sit back and wait for Mrs. Williams to spring yet another twist on us. :D

Attic Rat

Abel has... stumbled upon the psychic equivalent of the old "Eliza" program.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Attic Rat on November 07, 2008, 11:07:55 PM
Abel has... stumbled upon the psychic equivalent of the old "Eliza" program.

Interesting.  Why do you feel that What are you doing here?