10/31/08 [Abel 2 #34] - OoOoOo... I'm the ghost of the whiny dumbasses

Started by Lowde, October 31, 2008, 12:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowde

Heh... I must say I wasn't expecting this at all.

It's probably some illusion made by Fa'Lina anyway

Jairus

Wow...

Um, well, it may not be special Halloween art, but it certainly is appropriate for the day.

Poor Abel... I just love his face in the bottom panel.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Zedd

I guess wishing over a problem they will surely show themselves again...

mopman

Ok I really , really did not see this one coming  :erk

Appropriate for halloween  though  :zombiekun2
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Jer-oh-me

WAY TO GO AMBER!!!! That was quite the impressive curve-ball you just chucked at us.

Okay, sorry, I really wanted to say that. Also, yes wow, this was totally unexpected. I love being shown that people can still surprise me. It restores my faith in people.

Howl

*Gets up* Yeah, that curveball hit me in the face.

Did not see that coming.

Dwarg91

superluser

I had this idea rumbling in my head, but every time I looked at it, I thought, ``No, weren't we sure that Devin died?''

One possibility is that Fa'Lina needs to see how Abel reacts to stress, but since Devin is looking pretty shiny, I suspect he's not there.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

MaskedRetriever

I'm definitely coming down on the side of Devin actually being in Abel's head.

It would explain why he spends so much of DMFA more or less channeling him after all...

DEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN *SOB* He was too cute and snarky to die *sniff*

superluser

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on October 31, 2008, 01:18:03 AMI'm definitely coming down on the side of Devin actually being in Abel's head.

Do you mean like The Man With Two Brains or like A Beautiful Mind?

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tipod

Devin's gonna do some Beetlejuice stuff before he goes away. Calling it now.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

PencilinHand

Hmm.... I thought today was the 31st?

Got to say, I think Devin's eyes are just plain spooky!

Dagardo

Ghost of whiny dumbasses or illusion by someone I don't know, but it's pretty funny actually. Ghost of whiny dumbasses is funny to me. Although "Devins" eyes look like they're shining and it's kinda creepy. And apparently he is some kinda ghost cuz I can see through him. But yeah, that curve-ball hit pretty much all of us in the face.

techmaster-glitch

Whoa.

Umm...well...whatever he is, he certainly hasn't lost his personality... :erk

Valynth

My theories on this:

1.  What Devin said
2.  Abel is dreaming and another 'cubi is playing with his thoughts.
3.  Another 'cubi is shapeshifting to mess with/help out Abel. (under the "would you have believed it from anyone else?" principle)
4.  The 'cubi in 2 or 3 is Fa'lina
5.  Abel is dreaming and one of the briefly mentioned "other things"  in the dreamscape has found him and is tormenting him with the image of Devin.

Random theory:

Due to the trauma of a death at the point where Abel enter 'cubi maturity, the psychic portion of Abel's powers quick-copied many of Devins thoughts/emotions at time of death resulting in a nearly seperate persona developing in Abel's mind that will eventually result in the persona he has in DMFA.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Gamma

Schizophrenia, it's not always a problem, some times its like there's just too much going on.

BTW, I am somehow disturbed by spelling that right the first time but never typing it before.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Emerauld Drathmir

Perfect for the day.   

:kruger

Thanks Miss Amber!  Hope you are feeling way better now.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: superluser on October 31, 2008, 01:42:10 AM
Quote from: MaskedRetriever on October 31, 2008, 01:18:03 AMI'm definitely coming down on the side of Devin actually being in Abel's head.

Do you mean like The Man With Two Brains or like A Beautiful Mind?

Beautiful Mind, definitely.

Yugo

Boy I gotta say, that blind-sided me like nothing else I could've thought up in my mind.  :erk Well played, Amber. -cookies for Amber-
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

AmigaDragon

It's either Abel's mind doing it as "Devin" said, or it's another cubi messing with him after digging through his thoughts and taking Devin's shape.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

superluser

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 31, 2008, 02:58:36 AMIt's either Abel's mind doing it as "Devin" said, or it's another cubi messing with him after digging through his thoughts and taking Devin's shape.

But he looks transparent.

So either `cubi can shift into transparent forms or this is being done by a different mechanism.  Or the transparency is an illusion.  I don't see any reason why one should be more likely than the other.

Reese Tora

Considering Devin's eyes, I would entertain the possibility that he is now one of the undead if I didn't know that Dark Pegasus is supposed to be the creator of the undead race(or so I gathered from the main comic and now DP's character Bio) and suspect that DP hadn't yet caused their creation at this point in history or had already done so before the events of the current storyline.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Azraelle

I'm gonna go with figment of Abel's imagination.  Ya know, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Ren Gaulen

Devin! Oh, hi, Devin! ..Can't you just stay dead, Devin? :sweatdrop But I'm still glad to see you, Devin. :3

Mwa

Quote from: Azraelle on October 31, 2008, 03:16:42 AM
I'm gonna go with figment of Abel's imagination.  Ya know, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
True, but I've found that more often than not it turns out to be a plasma powered mini nuclear warhead device.
I think someone is unwisely playing with his head, and it changes him forever, causing the Abel we get today. :3

Tapewolf

That I did not expect.  Most of the sensible theories have been covered.
I'm going either with insanity, Abel still being asleep, or someone outside messing with his head.  Devin actually visiting is a possibility I suppose, but we've never really seen a shade before, and he (in so much as he exists) seems to be scoffing the idea himself.

If Abel doesn't panic completely, "How's Xander?" might be an interesting question.  Though I can imagine him getting some glib reply back, like "Dead."

I'm starting to wonder whether he is a projection or Fa'Lina manipulating Abel's dreams.  She or the Doctor would probably not have let him go if he was on the verge of a total nervous breakdown.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

Devin so much of an ass he comes back from the grave, or at least from the recesses of Abel's head. He went up a few points!
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.