[Art] Zina: Check it out. It's an update. (12/13/07)

Started by Zina, July 11, 2006, 06:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Janus cute?

Why, of course!
19 (57.6%)
No, I hate Janus. GOD.
4 (12.1%)
Who?
4 (12.1%)
I guess, if you're into that kind of thing.
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Sid

Your real life SCARES ME D:
But your artwork still impresses me, not even to mention your wacky sense of humor :D
:boogie

Gareeku

Hehe, i chuckled muchly. Wonderful work yet again. ^.^

King Of Hearts

Zina

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

What would you recommend to gnaw off when you have to visit a relative whose child just said "mom"?

Nice art by the way.  :bow
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Jack McSlay

powerpoint is really scary... but arm stumps are funny *pokes the stump*
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zina

Working on commissions oh god.

Furbid commish of a renamon. First time ever drawing one, so I know it sucks. D:

Jpmorris's commission. So full of messy! It'll look better when I clean it up and scan, honest. As well as the size of the farmers head, because it's a little big now that I look at it.

Full image here

Some venting art because things have been crappy lately. Or at least really annoying. I blame the state of Washington.
I have the rest of the week off, so expect so much art. It'll make you cry, the amount of art I will post.
Yes.

Netami

Everyone will hold hands and brace themselves for the Zina art Go-Time.

KarlOmega1

I feel sorry for you being annoyed at something...I'd send you some brownies if I could.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Sid

*huggles Renamon* Mweeeee ^.^
Needless to say that all pictures look nifty. *waves flags for Zina Awesomeness*
:boogie

Gareeku

Hehe, awesome art yet again, Zina. I especially like the third pic. *snickers*

Kenji

Why is it I can picture that last picture fitting in with the emoticons section? :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zina on August 08, 2006, 04:36:42 PM
Working on commissions oh god.

Furbid commish of a renamon. First time ever drawing one, so I know it sucks. D:
Someday I'll have to find out what those things are..

Jpmorris's commission. So full of messy! It'll look better when I clean it up and scan, honest. As well as the size of the farmers head, because it's a little big now that I look at it.

You could be right with the head, there.  The poise and attitude of the farmer is dead-on though, and as mentioned the wolves are perfect.

[Hey / Shut Up]

I'm pinning that up in the recording area.

I have the rest of the week off, so expect so much art. It'll make you cry, the amount of art I will post. Yes.
Goodie.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

Hehe. I see your arm grew back, Zina. :mowhappy
Good for you!

Can't wait for more of your great art!

d ;) b
*two thumbs up for ya*
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Manawolf

Hard to tell at the current blue line sketch of the Renamon, but I would say you did a good job, if she's wearing a vest.

Zina

Quote from: Manawolf on August 08, 2006, 08:11:07 PM
Hard to tell at the current blue line sketch of the Renamon, but I would say you did a good job, if she's wearing a vest.

It' actually supposed to be a he, and he's wearing a 'oriental-style shirt'.
I don't question the commissions I get. As long as they pay money. XD

Quote from: Tiger_T on August 08, 2006, 07:05:57 PM
Good for you!

I'm like a lizard in that sense. :3

King Of Hearts

Manawolf

You see, this is why the execs making renamon female for the American audience, it was just easier on the minds of the viewers instead and less traumatic than the idea of a male digimon merging with a girl (the merging thing was messed up to begin with, and just reaffirmed how bad it got near the end of the season).

Zina

Quote from: Manawolf on August 09, 2006, 12:21:26 AM
You see, this is why the execs making renamon female for the American audience, it was just easier on the minds of the viewers instead and less traumatic than the idea of a male digimon merging with a girl (the merging thing was messed up to begin with, and just reaffirmed how bad it got near the end of the season).

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about since I sort of stopped watching Digimon around the time of the first season, SO.
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Manawolf

Quote from: Zina on August 09, 2006, 12:31:24 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on August 09, 2006, 12:21:26 AM

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about since I sort of stopped watching Digimon around the time of the first season, SO.
Thanks for the comments, guys.

It did kind of go downhill after first season, and now the most you hear about digimon these days is the obsession of fanboys over girl renamon.  Anyway, still looking forward to the next step in the sketching.

Amber Williams

From Wikipedia

QuoteIn one episode of Digimon, Renamon stated that Digimon have no gender; however, most fans decree this is not true, and go to great lengths to prove this, based upon instances in the show that they feel clearly depicts Digimon as having gender. For instance, they point out the example of the female appearance of such Digimon as Sakuyamon, Renamon's Mega stage form. Toei, however, does not seem willing to detract or even comment on this statement.

One view seen would be the concept that gender has no real importance among Digimon. Most regions treat Renamon as female, with a female voice actor. However, in the German version of Digimon Tamers produced for the channel RTLII, Renamon was voiced by a male voice actor (and Sakuyamon by a female voice actor). This is sometimes considered awkward due to the issue of the Biomerge sequence, where Rika (a young girl) fuses with Renamon.

In other words, who the frig cares as long as Zina gets money for her commission.

Manawolf

Well, you've drilled it into the ground.  I wasn't planning to go any further.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Zina on August 08, 2006, 08:32:39 PM
Quote from: Tiger_T on August 08, 2006, 07:05:57 PM
Good for you!
I'm like a lizard in that sense. :3
so zina is a lizard.. and a feline? scary...
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

RJ

My respect for Zina both went up 10 points, and then dropped 10 points at the sight of the Renamon picture... :<

If anything ever asked me to draw one, I'd start foaming at the mouth and then die. D:

Zina

I figured posting the renamon pic was a mistake. 9.9
Like I said, the guy won the commission off furbid. He was nice in his e-mails and requested a pic of a male renamon. I honestly don't know anything about the character other than it's a digimon and the random bits of. Ehm. 'Art' I see on the net.
The guy requested something that was well within the requirements I posted on the bidding page, and I figured "Why not. It's something I probably would have never drawn otherwise, and it might be fun." And in all honesty, I'm just happy ANYONE bid on my work.
The life and times of renamon and whether or not people like the character is something I really could care less about. What you guys think of the ART is something entirely different.

Sketchy boy

*ignors commenting on renamon pic due to too many people trying to prove a point*

Hehe, i can't wait to see JPs' cleaned up!  looks great zina!

See children, a simple comment.
Children: Yay! Now we don't have to read pointless things! :B

RJ

I used to adore Digimon so much... now? Not so much... Though I still cling to the movie soundtrack that came out.

Manawolf

Digimon movie had something that I think has happened for the first time in an anime, someone actually attacking while the other guy is in mid-transformation/powering up.  It went so far as to actually break a rule of anime.