Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Aisha had been in her own partial world, listening simply to the melee of funny conversations and awaiting the aformentioned pizza.  When, all of a sudden, she felt what everyone did before.  Strange...foreboding.  The emerald ring adorning her tail glowed beneath the shadowy veil of her cloak.

The pantheress waited for the actions of the others before making a move for something, even after a shudder crawled up her back at a sudden yelp...

A right hand rested on the carefully guarded handle of her boomerang.  "Mis dioses... What could that have been now?"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

KarlOmega1

*Hears a beeping coming from his Commlink*

Karl: What is it, Micheal?

*hears a Panicked Micheal.exe on the line*

Micheal: Sir! Sensors indicate an Intruder...Energy signature matches that of a Hellian

*picks up PDA with sensor and sets Sensor to Bioscan*

Karl: Okay everyone...Please come here so I can do an Exclusion Scan so that way when I use this later, It'll pick you up as friendlies.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Stygian

While Karl quickly and deftly switches through the functions on his PDA he first spots no abnormal activities in the basic bioscan function. Sound, infrared, electrostatic discharge, all are at a minimum outside the lounge... But then one of the graphs suddenly spikes, reading a great amount of trace organic bonds. A chemospectrum blips up automatically, reading an abnormally high amount of sulphurous and chloride bonds and metalsalicylate. Confounded by this information, Karl cleverly decides to do a smart auto-read.
   Upon an activation of the scanner's smart-search, several graphs are illumined, many of which make no sense at all and some of which are in the red danger-regions. The auto-assessment reads back to Carl, in big, glowing letters;
EM- and Mago-energy interference magnitude Theta, suggest high-energy presence and/or strong extradimensional interference. EXTREME CAUTION ADVISED!
   Carl has only a moment to read the disturbing message before suddenly, the PDA's sensors go wild. For a short moment, the hall seems darker, the walls taller and looming, as if ready to topple down on them all. The doorway to the corridor above darkens and seems to grow somehow both larger and more distant, a gaping maw waiting to swallow them. And although Carl cannot feel it, Aisha feels... a rumble. Everyone with magical capabilites does. Not a sound; that is far short of a description of it, but a strong, rolling vibration, like the ground suddenly being shaken under one's feet. Though this vibration came not through the ground, but somehow through the very magic of this place. Realizing what the sensation felt like, a chill grows in them that makes the hairs on their necks stand on end. For a moment, a short but terrible moment, magic itself seemed... hollow.

KarlOmega1

*Just then, Karl feels a Surge of Dark Energy Coming from one of the Basement floors...He now realizes what the signature was*

Karl: Oh Slag! It's a group of Abyssal Worms! RUN!!!

*After saying it, the Worms then Burst from the floor, nearly catching him...Karl then went Full Mech Armor and started Charging Light energy to his Sword*

Karl: Anyone who can fight or knows any Light/Holy based magic is free to stay and help...as for the rest of ye, Move it!!!
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

if you want i can just eat them. or maybe i can catch them. it's been a while so i may be rusty but i am darkness far more pure then most that you'll find.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aisha deCabre

Aisha's teeth were clenched, her head swerving left and right, searching for answers as to the disturbance.  Her fingers closed over the handle of the silver weapon in her belt and slowly moved it out.  Tail twitched, emerald tail ring glowing ever brighter in the presence of dark magic, or something of the sort.  Each time her eyes caught the brightening, she grew more edgy.  And here I thought I could escape demon-hunting for just ONE day...

Her innate senses for magic were going off the charts, threatening to make the jaguar almost insane...yet years of training prepared the mind for such.  Something was definitely wrong about the house.  She stood, watched, pausing only to allow Karl's sensor to register her as an ally.  All was in suspense for only mere seconds, what seemed like hours, and the void threatened to grow...

Then, when the floor exploded, the feeling vanished and her weapon flew without a second thought towards the nearest attacker, bound for magic and flesh.  "Te muerto" she muttered...SLASH!  Returning it to her hand stained with entrails and reeking like crazy.

"I shall help.  I hate suspense." she cooly replied to the command and let fly again...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

E reaches into his chest and form it withdraws a  saber that is darker then the night. he smiles. " i shall help as well though this shadow blade is nothing compared to the sword of eliander but it shall do."
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel decides that demons give her headaches and she's still hungry. She disappears through the interdimensional portal in the fridge. (Of course there is an interdimensional portal in every fridge. YOU didn't put that green fuzzy stuff in there, did you?)
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

KarlOmega1

Karl: I have a better Idea..

*goes centurion mode...a glowing portal opens*

Karl: About time I used a Chaos Drive...

* a device appears from portal and attaches to socket jack in back of armor*

Karl: Chaos Drive - ACTIVATE!!!   Sol Disruptor!!!

* The Cannon on the right arm splits and forms a beam of light/holy energy, Vaporizing two of the remaining five worms...which leaves three left.
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

nods his approval steep over the to side to make sure that he is not in the way. i miss those 5 guys but hey portals are portals and i do leave a lot behind when i travel

Stygian

Indeed there is an inter-universal portal between existences somehow present in the fridge, anchored there seven-dimensionally and hovering with a pleasant, soft hum, small ripples in the light around it signifying its presence. With but a step, Mel is whisked away into the near-incalculable aether, using her experience to expertly navigate to the dimensional disturbance that is most likely near to a time near a fast-food restaurant within the next minutes.
   Suddenly, Mel stops. Here, that means something more along the lines that the world stops around her. Something is wrong, very wrong. She can feel it. Turning her attention "back" towards the place she just left, she makes a start. The space is... not rippling, but rather "cutting" around itself, bending and twisting in places in ways it definitely should not. She can see the traces and imperfections where the Worms came through into normality and the recently made portal that carries Karl's Centurion module. Yet both of these pale in comparison to the veritable lashes of dimensional movement that are given off continuously by something very close. And most horrible of all, as the heart of these movements, that which must have attracted the Worms, falls into her "vision" there is nothing there. They just seem to be coming out of nowhere. But after a while, small, black "flares" flowing out from this point become visible, and somewhere in the background, Mel hears a whisper.
   What are... doing... ere... The sound is faint, seemingly coming from everywhere, but it grows stronger.
   They came through. Never should have moved in the first place, one voice says, deep and hissing. Then more voices follow, sounding exactly like the first one, often whispering at the same time or overlapping each other.
   They will not last long. We will hide, yes. They come... searching, and we'll give them a good scare, for fun. Yeees... but what about the food? Leave the rest to them. We have what we need. We could steal some for them. No, we shouldn't leave. Not now. Are we curious about them? Be still. We have an... admirer. The voices stop abruptly. The distortion fades away.
   A small flame, so black it seems like a hole in her vision, springs up before Mel. It slowly sinks, becoming more and more solid, taking the form of a perfect, absolutely black feather, settling just before her feet. Around her everything has become dark and still, a light that seems to come from everywhere and nowhere the only illumination.
   "You are not supposed to be here."

e_voyager

(OOC: whoa who's' the dungeon master and when did this RP become so Erebus like? )

Erebus his blade read senses that there is more afoot and that some one he knows is close to a lesser darkness.  splintering his focus a first time her  appearing  in Mel's shadow the watch what has begun already to lead aid ore protection if needed..

Aisha deCabre

((OOC: Wish I knew too, but I'll go with it XD  Kudos to Stygian for some awesome scenemaking.  :mowtongue ))

The group looks to have been scattered, and the house once smelling of good treats and pizza now smells of battle remains...but who knew what it was really like?  The house seemed like something ethereal, out of an illusion, taking each sense into account with barely any room for error...anything to make the illusion real...or perhaps it was real, only the instigator knew...

The fight ended quickly with Karl's impressive weaponry, to which she carefully stayed out of the way from. One worm was left healthy, its hungry eyes looking still for something to attack out of some barbaric will.  In the blink of an eye a flash of silver pinned it to the ground and it went out with a finished screeching cry.

Free to a breath, the black jaguar searched around...one was missing: Mel.  But then she may have fled.  Back to the matter, Aisha remembered from before that something was heard...blood-visioned eyes turned up to the ceiling for a moment...

Silent.  But someone had called for help...a trap?  No choice but to take no chance...

"I'll search the attic, if anyone thinks to care..."  The panther clenched the metallic weapon in her hand and proceeded to find the stairs to the above rooms, fueled still by the energy of battle.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

((OOC: I reeeeeeally must apologize for all that, but I just love to dramatize and make plots and such. I find that in most situations, I am more verbal and eloquent than my immediate friends, why I have developed this talent as a matter of convenience for certain situations. As for a DM... well, if it suddenly is me you need not be afraid. I don't think you will find anyone more adversely oriented towards exploitation, blackmail and manipulation than me. You need not be afraid at all that I will mistreat anyone.))

As Aisha stalks up the stairs, her steps careful and measured for absolute silence, she thinks she hears something like a thump, traveling down the stairway from above. It is, after all, hard even for someone with heightened and carefully trained hearing to discern anything clearly in here. The walls of the manor are thick, but the roof is wooden in the attic nevertheless and probably no one has seen to the place in years. It might as well be wind moving through some opening, slamming a door, or woodwork creaking.
   As she reaches the third floor corridor, Aisha stops, noticing something gleaming on the floor. She walks up to it, carefully examining it with the cool air of an experienced deducer at work. It proves to be a slim piece of some silvery, shiny metal, torn at the edges and still with some screws with wires tangled in them attatched. Further down the corridor, she notices something else glistening, in front of a window that is open for some reason, curtains billowing gently in an even early evening breeze and light with just a slight tang of orange shining in on white late 19th century plaster and dark floorwood.

Mel Dragonkitty

The petite feline smiles welcomingly, "Hi. Are you here to play the chasing game? Everyone else is playing the chasing game. I was going to play but I got hungry and everything in the fridge was green and fuzzy. Do you like tacos? I was going to get tacos but now I might want pasta. Everyone likes pasta, right? I get a headache when I'm hungry, do you get a headache when you're hungry? No one likes me when I get a headache for some reason, I don't know why." This dialog was delivered in a rapid breathless assault similar to that of an excited child but Mel doesn't seem to notice that no one answers her. "I guess I'd better eat before my headache gets worse."

From under her feet a patch of brightness begins to grow until the space surrounding her is as bright and calm as the area beyond is dark and turbulent. Within the bubble appears first a hardwood floor, then a small table and chairs set with linen and crystal are centered within the sphere. Finally two plates appear on the table, one filled with pasta the other with tacos. Mel turns to the table and looks at the options. "Hmmm... I think I was right about the pasta. Would you like the tacos or are you going to play the chasing game?"

Only those with the right kind of vision will notice that the aura around the ditzy little feline is neither little nor feline and is not normally associated with the featherbrained.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

KarlOmega1

*Just then  the house started to shake before a large, dark portal opened up. Out of the portal came a figure Karl recognized*

Karl: should of known it was you doing this...Lucifer!

Lucifer (in a deep tone): So what?! I'll destroy anyone associated with you if they get in my way when I take my revenge on you!

Karl: Still ticked that I beat you up to a pulp I see...It proved at least how much of a wimp "El Diablo" can be.
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

(OOC:  no i have no objection i am enjoying this new scenario. it took me by surprise and has continued to deliver much  excitement. it truth i am glad that this place picked up again)

i both locations Erebus smiles. Mel's rant was a cover he knows and it reminded him of on the the nameless wonder's  defense mechanisms. as Mel's aura brightens on the Astra field Erebus is fores to hide ever further lest he be seen going to far as to tin in the aura itself. still leave it to a dragon to  cover  their exit strategy with a stream of nonsense.
still Erebus cannot  fully suppress his mirth as he strikes through the abyss worm before him. he watcher the exchange between Karl and Lucifer then he ask are you a dentist?.  his strike shes the worm in 4 then the pieces flash as his dark energy destroyed them.
meanwhile as Mel approaches the table Erebus hiding his darkness in the light of her aura asks. in his familiar voice "is it lunch time? i want apples. don't feed me toothpaste though. i shall cry if you do." he can not truly help himself for though he is in multiple bodies he is still one entity a entity running parallel to himself at the moment.

Mel Dragonkitty

"A dentist? No. But sometimes I'm a jeweler so I do own a drill." With a shrug and a smile Mel turns the tacos to apples. She even adds a few pears for variety. "It's good to like fruit. I like fruit but I like candy better. I know candy isn't good for me but I like it anyway." She sits and stabs at the chicken and broccoli alfredo with her fork, coming up with a large hunk of broccoli. "I like ice cream too, but I don't like that ice cream with the candy in it. I think that is strange because I like both ice cream and candy. What's your favorite flavor?"

e_voyager

Erebus laughs detaches himself form Mel's aura. "as long as it is not poysen flavored the it's good with me." Erebus slings off into the shadows just out side of the  harsh glare of Mel's aura adjusting the darkness around him so that he appears to be in the light and can clearly be seen. "that was pretty  nice the way you did that Mel i'm impressed."

Stygian

Whatever creature is at the other side of the table is hidden from sight in the darkness. Only its eyes, a pair of horizontal slashes so thin and hard they look like scar-like slits, stand out as glowing spots of an almost sickly blue light. But the shadows somehow seem more... alive where it stands. They snake and slither, stretching out slighlty into the light and almost caressing the air, a slight "bend" in the space around them, nearly invisible. Not a feature of the actual creature's form can be discerned. Yet somehow, Mel can tell that it seems... amused.
   "You're a curious one, aren't you? Is this... magic?" Its voice sounds somehting like roiling flames and accompanying burning flesh, coarse and cruel.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel looks contemplatively at the space around her. "Magic? I guess it could be. I just asked politely for a quiet spot for my dinner. I find that politeness always helps. And practicing. Practicing always helps. Gramma always said it took at least 50 millenia before you could say you really knew something. Now I really know about chocolate oatmeal cookies. The ones with the peanut butter chips are good but the best way to eat them is with vanilla ice cream. Would you like a cookie?"

Then her voice drops into a confidential tone, "If you're not polite it won't let you go home, you know. It hides the paths and makes you stay until you learn to be polite."

KarlOmega1

*Karl and Lucifer were staring each other down when they heard someone shout, "MORTAL KOMBAT!"*

Karl/Lucifer: What in Inferno?!!
I'm a Skype User.

Aisha deCabre

Upstairs, Aisha was still in the midst of an investigation.  Her hand kept still upon her weapon, though it was half-drawn in case whatever she ran into could turn out to be innocent...the last thing the panther wanted was to needlessly scare anyone.

In her other paw was the strange piece of metal, which looked like it was virtually ripped out of something mechanical, straight by the wires.  She cringed at the thought, visualizing it like a plant pulled out of the ground by its roots...or flesh by the veins.  Another piece was indeed sitting beneath the window, though this one she couldn't touch; for one wire was still hissing sparks.

Rising, the breeze flew through the folds of her cloak...the outside otherwise calm and quiet...ominous.  The very scent of that wind brought to her nose senses of danger and shifting reality.  She leaned on the sill...then on the second thought, cocked her right ear behind, in case something were to come and push her off the third story.

"What would jump from this high...?" she whispered in the air.

But, before she could look down, a noise came from behind her down the hall...

WHOOSH!  The panther spun around and unleased her weapon.  Instantly she heard a loud clang, followed by a thump, like something falling.  The boomerang returned with nothing on its razored edge...clean.  Her tail ring was glowing again.

Her eyes narrowed and claws unsheathed.  "Show yourself, diablo!  I've questions."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

KarlOmega1

*just then, back on the ground floor, Lucifer sneezes*

Lucifer: Great! Darn ol' anime cliche! Suppose I should go up there since my Spanish name was called!

*Lucifer teleports to where Aisha is*
I'm a Skype User.

Gareeku

Behind Aisha stands a figure, though it is not recognisable from under the brown coloured hooded cloak which the figure wears. However, the panthress may very well recognise their presence as someone very familiar to her.
"You intend to inflict harm on my friend...I will not let that happen." A voice says from under the hood. If one would to look carefully, they would see a pair  of piercing deep blue eyes, staring into the eyes of the demon before him and Aisha with a startling coldness.
"Leave this place," the voice says calmly, "or you will leave us no choice but to make you."

e_voyager

Erebus smiles as the Mp3 pals echos in the darkness. the them is set to loop and eh waits to see if they are willing to fight.  only to be disappointed as one of the combatants leave but does not fallow him he is out of practice at the omnipresence skill and at the moment he's not willing to stretch himself thinner

mean while e wonders whom this creature  is the confront Mel. he draws more of himself from the Lucifer / Karl encounter and watch the wars. form it he steals some of it's dark aura all darkness being his to command including the darkness that is present in light. "the three eyes bother me Mel this makes the creature seem familiar"

KarlOmega1

*lucifer then smirks before laughing out loud*

Lucifer: Good one Half-breed...but your power, including the power from your "feral cubi" form, can only make up a quarter of what must be mustered to destroy me...I am one of the Master Evils after all...you know, the devil?! Hahahahaha...

*just then a warp gate opens and out pops Karl, in his Fal'dev form*

Karl: Sorry, Lucifer...But I agree with Gareeku over there! You will leave!

Lucifer: As if...

Karl: before you finish speaking, know this! Tick both Gareeku and me off...And his feral form and the full power of my Fal'dev form can vaporize your butt!
I'm a Skype User.

Gareeku

Hearing Lucifer's and Karl's words, the figure under the hood smirks. While it is true that Gareeku holds a deep hatred for his "feral cubi" form, he also knows that its power would greatly help. However, he doesn't have the ability to transform by himself, and he also has very limited control of himself while in his transformed state, meaning he could be a threat to anyone.
"Trust me...you don't want to piss me off..." Gareeku says, his voice still calm as he stands perfectly still.

KarlOmega1

*Lucifer looks at both and sighs*

Lucifer: Very well, I shall leave. However, I leave you a warning...there are other evils out there, some even more powerful than me! They will attempt to conquer this realm! Believe it!

*out of nowhere, a tare in dimensions opens and a certain Blonde-haired ninja jumps out and whams Lucifer on the head with his fist*

Naruto: Hey! That's my line!

*Naruto Jumps back into the tare and the tare seals up itself*

Lucifer: Ow! *rubs head* Farewell! *disappears*
I'm a Skype User.

Aisha deCabre

((OOC: A side note...I thought "diablo" was Spanish for "devil" or "demon" in general?  Not just THE devil?  Forgive me, I'm just taking the class and like to practice.  :mowtongue ))

The tail ring was going haywire just then, when one of the ultimate evils had appeared before her...certainly this creature wasn't the one she had hit with her weapon a while ago?  The darkness radiating from the form of Lucifer, his very name a paradox (for "luci" meant "light"), was more than enough to send a chill down her spine.

How surprised then was she to find allies radiating from nearby as if out of midair!  The pantheress stood with Karl and Gareeku, the three more than a threat to the demon.  Then, almost too easily under threats of power...he had left?

"That was...slightly anticlimactic," Aisha laughed and resheathed her boomerang, while playing with the silver metallic piece in her other hand, a spider's-leg array of wires sticking from its surface.  Thoughtfully she stared at it.  Still there was a mystery to be had...who had called for help...who had escaped and left these clues...

In the meantime she glanced to the others.  "Gracias, for the save, you two; Karl...and Gareeku," she smiled, "It's been a while."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.