10/13/08 [DMFA #943] - Awkward

Started by AndersW, October 13, 2008, 01:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Time for Kria to try something crazy.

Jairus

Now, the question in my mind is, is this moment awkward because Dan has "killed" DP before, or is this awkward because he's related to Destania? Am I the only one sensing an old potential flame in DP's past? Or is it more likely that Destania was just one of DP's rivals? Or possibly Edward and DP crossed paths at one point. Or DP had a hand in Edward getting captured. Or I could stop this before I get woozy.

And I just love Kria's expression in panel 3... it's so deliciously evil.

And I hope you feel better soon, Amber. Good luck with Canadian Thanksgiving.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

But does Destania have a publicly known connection to Ti'Fiona? I think not, at least not until after Dan's cubi heritage manifested. The awkward part is Dan's connection to DP (killing) and presence and Kria's planned resurrection ceremony.

If there's no update tomorrow night, I won't be upset, as it's presumably a busy (and sick) holiday time for Amber (get well soon).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ghostwish

Quote from: Jairus on October 13, 2008, 01:05:17 AM
Now, the question in my mind is, is this moment awkward because Dan has "killed" DP before, or is this awkward because he's related to Destania? Am I the only one sensing an old potential flame in DP's past? Or is it more likely that Destania was just one of DP's rivals? Or possibly Edward and DP crossed paths at one point. Or DP had a hand in Edward getting captured. Or I could stop this before I get woozy.

Oh no no no, do keep going. ;)

Because you about named all of my theories as well. XD

Mrs. Williams, have any decongestant medication handy? I always find something along that lines helps with a sore throat...

Zedd

mopman

I wonder if Kria tries something what her daughter will do? but she seems more mischevious than evil with that particular smile.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Gamma

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan is already on his way out the door or something.

I can speculate up and down as to the outcome but they all seem to be in equal running, too little information.

I do not like Thanksgiving or anything that even acts like it, that includes Christmas eve. Though I do look forward to something this week, Dead Space! Turn off the lights crank up the sound, and get scared out of all your fecal matter. Though it is releasing much earlier this month then promised. :pumpkin
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Sirius Griffon

Run Dan, run! No wait dont run, I for one want to see the awkwardness unfold!

That is one delicious expression Kria has there. *laughs* Looks like things are just gonna get better and better.

Tafreer

I don't believe this idea has a prayer of happening, but wouldn't it be funny, if, somehow through the 'interference' of Kria/Lorenda, Dan and Aliph become reconciled?

Slowtini

...That's a rather devious grin, I wonder what she has in mind D:

llearch n'n'daCorna

I note that Dan hasn't confirmed that it was Biggs who sent him.

I mean, _we_ know it was Destania, but as far as Dan was aware, it was Biggs. So far. Until the clue about the "old hairstyle" starts filtering into that thick skull of his.

... which leaves one wondering if he was aware that Biggs had changed his hairstyle. Hmm. Time to go wandering through the archives...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 13, 2008, 03:25:10 AM
I mean, _we_ know it was Destania, but as far as Dan was aware, it was Biggs. So far. Until the clue about the "old hairstyle" starts filtering into that thick skull of his.

Given that you can have a different hairstyle every day if you feel like it, I'm not convinced that counts as a clue, whatever Dee may think.  That Biggs knows about Warp-Aci might be a better one.

My take on this is that Kria is kind of torn between admiring Dan for killing and thwarting DP over and over again, and the fact that he's here to stop him being revived again.  That and she may need Biggs' goons as part of the ritual.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Folks are forgetting one thing: Fi

Kria knows Cubi, (one being Abel, of course.. small world, innit?  :U) it's doubtless she'll eventually notice the little hyperactive Warp-Aci floating about.. with Dan's clan symbol on her(?) head.

Awwwwwwwkwaaaaard.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on October 13, 2008, 04:39:17 AM
doubtless she'll eventually notice the little hyperactive Warp-Aci floating about.. with Dan's clan symbol on her(?) head.

Amber always calls them 'it'.  That's an interesting point, though it hinges on whether Kria recognises the Cyra clan mark.  Abel may be one of the only 'Cubi she's ever met.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 13, 2008, 04:47:52 AM
Amber always calls them 'it'.  That's an interesting point, though it hinges on whether Kria recognises the Cyra clan mark.  Abel may be one of the only 'Cubi she's ever met.

She recognised what Abel was instantly, as soon as she saw the headwings. I presume that means she's au fait with Cubi as a whole, and hence knows at least a little about them.

On the other hand, whether she recognises the Cyra clan mark is a whole other ball game...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 13, 2008, 04:50:58 AM
She recognised what Abel was instantly, as soon as she saw the headwings. I presume that means she's au fait with Cubi as a whole, and hence knows at least a little about them.
Maybe, but on the other hand, Hennya only had a sketchy idea of what they are.  For all we know they just read the same book.

QuoteOn the other hand, whether she recognises the Cyra clan mark is a whole other ball game...
Indeed.  She might know of Destania, but she might not know Dee's clan, or recognise the symbol if she saw it.  It's tricky... I see a lot of potential connections.

Chaos

I feel I must mention some things.

A. Ti'fiona is Destina's Taken name, not her maiden name, so the connection between Dan and his mother may not evident right away.

B. Dan's head wings are hidden right now, and Kria wouldn't necessarily guess race right off the bat.

3. Unless Kria has been dealing with Destina directly, then the only meeting between the two would be at the Evil BBQ. Not alot of time to familiarize yourself with clan markings.

4. We are forgetting to ask why would Destina send Dan to break up DP's resurection when Biggs is apparently assisting.

E. Does this mean that Kria's in on the kill all dragons plot?

F. Does Kria know that the laws of entropy won't allow for a person to be thrown higher just based upon gravity's acceleration?

7. Is this where we find out any fictional relations between Dan and Able, or is this when we actually find that it is a sick situation where Dan is thrown far into the past and meets up with a cute cubi, has a child and names it Aniz...

shutting up, shutting up.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Chaos on October 13, 2008, 06:05:28 AM
A. Ti'fiona is Destina's Taken name, not her maiden name, so the connection between Dan and his mother may not evident right away.

This is true, though if we look at 388, DP may possibly have told her already.

Quote4. We are forgetting to ask why would Destina send Dan to break up DP's resurection when Biggs is apparently assisting.
It may well be that Biggs doesn't know he's assisting, if his goons were being sacrificed to achieve the resurrection.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on October 13, 2008, 06:26:37 AM
Kria had previously stated that she wouldn't kill Lorenda's friends.  Perhaps Destania sent Dan because she knew that Kria wouldn't attack him.
Something like that had occurred to me, but not that Dee would use it to her advantage.  As far as we know, Dee wasn't in on that meeting, she wouldn't know about it.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 13, 2008, 06:33:05 AM
Quote from: Naldru on October 13, 2008, 06:26:37 AM
Kria had previously stated that she wouldn't kill Lorenda's friends.  Perhaps Destania sent Dan because she knew that Kria wouldn't attack him.
Something like that had occurred to me, but not that Dee would use it to her advantage.  As far as we know, Dee wasn't in on that meeting, she wouldn't know about it.

If there's one thing I've learned from making my eyes bleed on webcomics, it's never assume what the characters do know and don't know. :P Reason has no meaning in the world of webcomics, amirite?

Alondro

We should also note that this is the second time the name 'Ti'Fionna' has been interesting.

Remember Abel in Dr. Ink's office while Dan was being 'tested'. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 13, 2008, 04:47:52 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on October 13, 2008, 04:39:17 AM
doubtless she'll eventually notice the little hyperactive Warp-Aci floating about.. with Dan's clan symbol on her(?) head.

true that they may be genderless, but personality wise, masculine or feminine.?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on October 13, 2008, 09:17:41 AM
In that regard, I've always thought of Fi as being feminine.  But that's just a gut feeling with nothing to back it up.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 13, 2008, 09:20:15 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on October 13, 2008, 09:17:41 AM
In that regard, I've always thought of Fi as being feminine.  But that's just a gut feeling with nothing to back it up.

Interesting. I've always thought masculine; not just because of my obvious bias, but because of the hot pockets. After all, female geeks don't tend to be the nomnomnom type.

Lucheek

Rakala

Come to think of it Kria never did meet Dan.... maybe she knew Daniel Ti'Fiona is the killer but didn't know that he was Dan.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 13, 2008, 06:15:16 AM

This is true, though if we look at 388, DP may possibly have told her already.
What, after dying and before resurrection? Wasn't he killed before Dan's heritage was revealed? Before Destania "the succubus" having a child was revealed?

F. Does Kria know that the laws of entropy won't allow for a person to be thrown higher just based upon gravity's acceleration?
As long as the spikes are on the ceiling of the chamber, they're lower than the victim's starting point at the trap door. And depending on the floor/ceiling thickness, this could be a significant difference, giving enough tramp-return to impale. Though if the trampoline is set level, he'd return straight up to where he came from, no spikes unless they moved into place after the fall-through. But a little angle on the tramp defeats the need for moving spikes, changing the return path instead.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lego3400

I thought she was being sarcastic about the trampoline. A trampoline could give them the course to escape <.<

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 13, 2008, 12:05:50 PM
What, after dying and before resurrection? Wasn't he killed before Dan's heritage was revealed? Before Destania "the succubus" having a child was revealed?
DP was killed before Dan's heritage was known to him.  As far as I can tell, Dan's known his mother was a succubus for a long, long time.  He just didn't - or refused to - believe that he was a 'Cubi as well.

If I were in DP's position in 388, I'd assume that since Dan is Destania's son - and he has wings - he is an incubus as well, whatever Dan himself may believe.

As I think you mentioned before, we don't know 100% that Dan has told him that he is Destania's son, but frankly, it's difficult to believe otherwise from what we have.