09/09/08 [Hybrids #11] - Hybrid Genetics: Demon Style

Started by Ghostwish, September 08, 2008, 10:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

Three to one!? Geezus! Me hopes demons are not overly aggressive or the conquering type, or I doubt the other races will stand a chance!

!KCA

Quote from: Ghostwish on September 08, 2008, 10:11:53 PM
Three to one!? Geezus! Me hopes demons are not overly aggressive or the conquering type, or I doubt the other races will stand a chance!

Beings have them beat, though. The little "weaklings" outnumber everyone else combined by about a hundred to one.

Wait, did you say you hope demons aren't overly aggressive? Have you actually been reading the comic?

Jairus

I have to confess that my first thought about demon-half breeds was Dante and Virgil, and wondering what animal they would be if they were on Furrae...

EDIT; I'm sorry for your wrist, Amber. Get well soon.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Slowtini

Quote from: !KCA on September 08, 2008, 10:26:49 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on September 08, 2008, 10:11:53 PM

Beings have them beat, though. The little "weaklings" outnumber everyone else combined by about a hundred to one.

Wait, did you say you hope demons aren't overly aggressive? Have you actually been reading the comic?

...That has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read... "I hope demons aren't overly aggressive".

KCA = Winner of this round

Brunhidden

thankfully theyre probably too busy beating each other up to prove which one is the most studly mating machine to really terrorize the rest of the populace

however due to their numbers combined with how many must be slain by skilled adventurers every year, theyve gotta reproduce pretty swiftly to keep in the game
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ghostwish

Quote from: !KCA on September 08, 2008, 10:26:49 PM

I read 'Demon's are the most common creature race in furrae.' Now that begs the question, are beings known only as beings, or do they count as 'creatures' as well? Where are you getting your info from? I didn't see any exact numbers stated in the beings section..

And no, I never read the comic.

Really now. Of course I do, but now that I know this, I can only hope the acts of aggression are the actions of a select group of demons, and not their race as a whole.. cuz if not.. well. I'm selling my real estate in furrae in a hurry.

Zedd

Owch about the wrist problems,

Almost more has been found out tonight here on this page, Hmm..For the horde!

Dagardo

Quote from: Zedd on September 08, 2008, 11:59:36 PM
Owch about the wrist problems,

By wrist problems I'll just assume you were talking about Amber, since her latest rant o' update mentioned a wrist bracer, although please correct me if I'm wrong. Hope you're wrist gets better real quick Amber!

P.S.  :hug's help everyone so you get one.  :hug

Darkdragon

Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 10:29:37 PM
I have to confess that my first thought about demon-half breeds was Dante and Virgil, and wondering what animal they would be if they were on Furrae...
Well, after Lorenda that was where my mind wandered off to...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on September 08, 2008, 10:56:33 PM
I read 'Demons are the most common creature race in furrae.' Now that begs the question, are beings known only as beings, or do they count as 'creatures' as well? Where are you getting your info from? I didn't see any exact numbers stated in the beings section..
Beings are the ordinary mortal folk, Creatures are the magical kind.  Beings are the most numerous people in Furrae.

QuoteReally now. Of course I do, but now that I know this, I can only hope the acts of aggression are the actions of a select group of demons, and not their race as a whole.. cuz if not.. well. I'm selling my real estate in furrae in a hurry.
Difficult to say.  Even if they are, you will always get people who question the status quo or otherwise 'don't want to play ball'. 
To quote the demonology: "...while there are plenty of cases of good-natured demons, by and large the race isn't that afraid to use [their claws] whenever the chance arises."

EDIT:
Oh yes, and get well soon, Amber.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dagardo

Considering that the daemon race seems to respect only power, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem taking over if they ever felt like it. Course this is just considering they're all in one big army, so to speak.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 06:16:15 AM
Considering that the daemon race seems to respect only power, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem taking over if they ever felt like it. Course this is just considering they're all in one big army, so to speak.

I suspect that they don't have anywhere near enough cohesion for that to be a problem.

Dagardo

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 06:23:24 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 06:16:15 AM

I suspect that they don't have anywhere near enough cohesion for that to be a problem.

Point. But should they have enough, let's look at it this way, 'cubi are like the spy off of team fortress 2. And I would also think any "farming equipment" Jyrras may have would help to some extent.  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 06:27:02 AM
Point. But should they have enough, let's look at it this way, 'cubi are like the spy off of team fortress 2.
Never played it.  'Cubi are rare, prone to infighting and all seem to have their own agendas anyway.

Dagardo

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 06:43:12 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 06:27:02 AM
Point. But should they have enough, let's look at it this way, 'cubi are like the spy off of team fortress 2.
Never played it.  'Cubi are rare, prone to infighting and all seem to have their own agendas anyway.

You make another valid point. Truth be told, I was just considering that much if not all of the 'cubi populace was at risk of being killed, should have said that.  :B And you may wanna think about playin' team fortress 2, its pretty fun, and there's a pc version meaning you wouldn't even need a home console. :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 06:47:49 AM
:B And you may wanna think about playin' team fortress 2, its pretty fun, and there's a pc version meaning you wouldn't even need a home console. :)
Oblivion is next and I can well imagine it sucking another year of my life away like Morrowind did.  If TF2 will work offline in W2K, or under WINE, I might consider it but to be honest, it doesn't sound very interesting from what little I've heard.

Dagardo

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 07:01:56 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 06:47:49 AM
:B And you may wanna think about playin' team fortress 2, its pretty fun, and there's a pc version meaning you wouldn't even need a home console. :)
If TF2 will work offline in W2K, or under WINE, I might consider it but to be honest, it doesn't sound very interesting from what little I've heard.

Well, I guess you just kicked my statement in the nards, cuz I don't think it plays offline, and I don't even know what you mean by WINE, so yeah you kicked it in the nards... that's a funny word. :giggle

KelseyPotter

Yikes, Amber. As someone who has spent large chunks of her life with wrist bracers on (I have CTS, plus I've broken my right thumb and sprained my left wrist on a couple of different occasions), I can honestly say that trying to draw/write/type/put one's clothing on with the bracers on is an extreme pain in the tush. I hope that, whatever your problem is, it will heal soon and without too much difficulty. :hug

As for the comic...well, that explains a lot about Lorenda, anyway.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 06:23:24 AM

That's my hope as well. Hopefully demons have an even bigger share of infighting than cubi do. Almost as if it was an aspect of their race.  :mowwink

Alterationartist

As far as I'm seeing, demons and angels are almost no more one-sided than the rest of the races. You have you're good and you're bad. Like so:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_524.php
Each appears to lean a tiny bit more to each respectively known side, but all in all, there are still many who cover the other side.
We need more clowns at hospitals...
Round 9!

Jairus

Maybe this is just me calling on my 'verse again, but I've always thought of Angels as Lawful and Demons as Chaotic. Not necessarily good and evil, just Lawful and Chaotic. Even the most good Demon (Lorenda) still flaunts the rules when she feels like it, while the way that Angels work and plan reminds me of the concept of Lawful Evil. Well, there's my two cents anyway.

And Alterationartist, we do need more clowns at hospitals. We also need more good clowns, and not some guy who painted his face and put on some weird clothes and is trying to be funny. The old fashioned trained clown who was genuinely funny, and not creepy...

Alterationartist

Quote from: Jairus on September 09, 2008, 11:36:36 AM
And Alterationartist, we do need more clowns at hospitals. We also need more good clowns, and not some guy who painted his face and put on some weird clothes and is trying to be funny. The old fashioned trained clown who was genuinely funny, and not creepy...

We could always smack it back and have a perverse Lust cubi d-
Ya know wut? I'm not gonna go there!
Round 9!

Amber Williams

I think it goes without saying that if any race truly banded together and worked as a solid group, they could easily crush their opposition. But most races simply do not have that ability to work together. And the ones that do honestly don't care about taking over but just work on defending their own borders.

Alterationartist

Even though this idea will never take due to Amber's busybusybusy schedule, it would be so cool to have a giant poster giving a visual example of every possible half-breed/love-child result/undead effect possible!

Too much?
Round 9!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 09, 2008, 11:59:20 AM
Even though this idea will never take due to Amber's busybusybusy schedule, it would be so cool to have a giant poster giving a visual example of every possible half-breed/love-child result/undead effect possible!

Too much?

A bit. That and it would be really a pain and not fun at all for me to draw...making it extra annoying.

Lowde

Maybe this is just me calling on my 'verse again, but I've always thought of Angels as Lawful and Demons as Chaotic. Not necessarily good and evil, just Lawful and Chaotic.

Funny thing, I though the same when I read the demonology 101... Making me wonder how an angel/demon halfbreed would be like.

Jairus

Quote from: Lowde on September 09, 2008, 12:20:34 PM
Maybe this is just me calling on my 'verse again, but I've always thought of Angels as Lawful and Demons as Chaotic. Not necessarily good and evil, just Lawful and Chaotic.

Funny thing, I though the same when I read the demonology 101... Making me wonder how an angel/demon halfbreed would be like.
Probably Neutral Good, True Neutral, or Neutral Evil. Not very exciting, really.

"Child of two worlds, leader of both races, uniter of Angel and Demon alike, shall we conquer the other races and make them our slaves?"
"With every bone in my body, I say a firm "maybe!""

In all seriousness, no idea. Amber?

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 09, 2008, 12:03:48 PM

Too much?

A bit. That and it would be really a pain and not fun at all for me to draw...making it extra annoying.
Ooh, Amber not having fun. Bad idea. Hm... though if I could draw in your style, I'd probably make some guesses and start doing some fanart. Note to self: practice drawing like Amber.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Too much?

You start. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Lowde on September 09, 2008, 12:20:34 PM
You missed an entry, go back and read the Cubi entry.
Ok, so it doesn't actually say they are the result of angels and demons pairing up...
Quote...it is often a joke that the Cubi race was created because the Angel and Demon race got along "too" well.

Did I see a typo in the last panel? "...farther down the genderation one goes..."
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen