09/01/08 [DMFA #933] - Poor Choice of Words

Started by Akisohida, August 31, 2008, 11:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

Wow. Poor Dan, all sad. Also..Is it just me or does Dans mom at that age still ahve her 'perky wingspan'? :D

*edit* Please be sure you put the correct title on comic discussion threads to limit confusion.  Please be aware that editing them afterwards is perfectly acceptable. ~Damaris
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Jairus

It's not just you. Interesting... Destania is hiding her headwings.

And so this was Dan's first meeting, but not the first time he defeated Dark Pegasus. Well, it explains how Dan's hatred/disliking of Dark Pegasus got started. I wonder if the next DMFA continues the flashback or returns to the present...

As for that Update Schedule... damn Amber. Best luck with that: it sounds like you need it.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Zedd

Good luck with the updates Amber and hopefully we don't have to bury you in a coffin in shape of a Jolt can! c:

And on topic with the comic line....DAN'S SAD FACE...IT BURNS!  :eek

AndersW

What surprised me was that Dee is hiding her headwings.  She normally doesn't do that.

Jairus

Quote from: AndersW on September 01, 2008, 12:16:14 AM
What surprised me was that Dee is hiding her headwings.  She normally doesn't do that.
Civilian setting, town with a population of adventurers (presumably), and a kid with no overt magical abilities and another kid who refuses to use his magic and hasn't come into his Cubi powers yet? I can see why she'd do that. As for not hiding her backwings, while Dan would get treated weird if he had wings and neither of his parents did (see Abel), if one of his parents has wings then he probably gets treated a little better. I guess.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Slowtini

...The Adorable level of dan's sad face... It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND!  :U

Great work as usual, Amber.

AndersW

Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 12:21:30 AM

Civilian setting, town with a population of adventurers (presumably), and a kid with no overt magical abilities and another kid who refuses to use his magic and hasn't come into his Cubi powers yet? I can see why she'd do that. As for not hiding her backwings, while Dan would get treated weird if he had wings and neither of his parents did (see Abel), if one of his parents has wings then he probably gets treated a little better. I guess.

Its just that this is the first time we have seen Destania without her headwings when she is in her base form.  All other times we have seen her she has had them out, not counting when she was pretending to be someone else.

Madmann135

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

e_voyager

he never said that he won as we see he didn't still i wonder how his mom will comfort him when she hears the full story. maybe cookies or a new weapon?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jack McSlay

4th panel - cutest dan ever
Quote from: Akisohida on August 31, 2008, 11:54:23 PMAlso..Is it just me or does Dans mom at that age still ahve her 'perky wingspan'? :D
the time difference between the flashback and the present is quite less than 10 years. for a cubi that doesn't make the slightest difference, does it? (specially if you take shapeshifting into account)
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Grenn

Comic is good, and Dan's sad face is so cute!

But the little taco mab, taco dan, taco abel, and jyrass in the wrap in the donation counter are even better. :D

:bunny

Dard

Where are her glasses?!
She looked so sexy with the glasses!

Darkdragon

Good luck on the update schedule, Amber.

Along with the cuteness of panel 4 (Dan's face), I must also note in panel 5 Destania's reaction is also priceless.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: e_voyager on September 01, 2008, 12:40:32 AM
he never said that he won as we see he didn't still i wonder how his mom will comfort him when she hears the full story. maybe cookies or a new weapon?

Yeah, as I mentioned a couple strips ago, Dan's first encounter with DP, not the first time he defeated him. So there's still at least 2 more encounters before DP's third defeat, one of which is the Spork. Unless DP considers himself thwarted already in this one.

----------------
Now playing: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Serenade No. 12 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Brunhidden

he looks like what he really needs is cookies and milk, and thats somehow wrong

and mom there is looking hot, which is more wrong, specifically when said by me
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Emerauld Drathmir

Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

e_voyager

Dan doesn't strike me and the need a hug kine of person.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

kaskar

8) Poor  Dan ... Does he need a hug ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

Granted Dan has just had an extremely stressful day(s?), and that Hannah's death would have sunk in by that point, but I'm not sure that would have been the story I'd have chosen to relate to a Warp Aci I'd only just met.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2008, 04:38:10 AM
Granted Dan has just had an extremely stressful day(s?), and that Hannah's death would have sunk in by that point, but I'm not sure that would have been the story I'd have chosen to relate to a Warp Aci I'd only just met.

Warp Aci are generally reasonably harmless, and Fi is attached to Dan... Telling it to Abel, however...

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on September 01, 2008, 05:26:09 AM
Warp Aci are generally reasonably harmless, and Fi is attached to Dan... Telling it to Abel, however...
That's the thing.  Fi may be attached to Dan, but... well, look at 812-814.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2008, 05:32:10 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on September 01, 2008, 05:26:09 AM
That's the thing.  Fi may be attached to Dan, but... well, look at 812-814.

maybe, but i'm pretty sure Fa'Lina knows already *nods*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on September 01, 2008, 05:40:42 AM
Thinking about it, Dan is probably used to being embarrassed courtesy of Wildy, so Fi as well isn't going to make much difference.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2008, 05:45:46 AM
Thinking about it, Dan is probably used to being embarrassed courtesy of Wildy, so Fi as well isn't going to make much difference.

and let's face it, Wildy would prolly use it as ammunition anyways..

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Turnsky on September 01, 2008, 05:57:10 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2008, 05:45:46 AM

and let's face it, Wildy would prolly use it as ammunition anyways..

Perhaps, but perhaps this is something he's not shared with her, I mean given her nature I sure wouldn't tell her about such an event, or at least not the really embarrassing parts

MT Hazard

I've been wondering about the equivalent age of beings compared to cubi, considering 1500 is probably middle age (i.e 40 ish) what age would that make Dan?

six according to a certain purple succubus.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Turnsky

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 01, 2008, 06:50:30 AM
I've been wondering about the equivalent age of beings compared to cubi, considering 1500 is probably middle age (i.e 40 ish) what age would that make Dan?

six according to a certain purple succubus.

Dan is but a Neophyte..

Paul

Poor Dan. Emotional aftershock. For a first adventure, it was a bit of a downer.

And good luck to Amber with the ambitious September update schedule!

Quote from: AndersW on September 01, 2008, 12:33:49 AM
Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 12:21:30 AM
Its just that this is the first time we have seen Destania without her headwings when she is in her base form.  All other times we have seen her she has had them out, not counting when she was pretending to be someone else.

Yes, but this scene takes place when she was living a "normal" life with husband and kids among beings. Makes sense that she'd hide her headwings, as they'd identify her as a cubi and very likely make adventurers or angry mobs with torches and pitchforks pay a visit. (Remember how people reacted when she first showed up at the inn: They wanted to kill her.)

Rakala

I'm still more interested on how, with Dan's parents, it went from blood death and murder to marriage. I smell a romantic comedy movie somewhere in that timeline.

Lucheek

Awwwwwwww.
This is a really adorable page. I love how you can stil see a Mom/Son relation.

Though I have to wonder why Dan would choose this story to tell. It doesn't seem quite...heroic. Perhaps Dan isn't as macho (or caring about looking masculine) as we thought, maybe the story isn't over, or maybe he just wants to sink in how horrible DP is.

....AWWWWW.