09/07/08 [DMFA #919] - Evil has never been so complicated

Started by Grenn, July 09, 2008, 04:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grenn

Who would have known teh evil was so complicated?  >:3 Wonder if their pay is tax free, or if DP has to deal with some form of the IRS on top of all that  :mwaha

Love Dan's face in the 2nd panel when DP mentions adventurers  :boogie

And Feel Better Amber!

Edit: Typing in the dark is hard :p

Jairus

Amber's back! She's alive! Rainbows for everyone! :ipod

Regarding Dan's face... considering that this is basically his first "adventure," I'm guessing that he's just thought of evildoing as something that just happens, rather than something where the big bad seems to be more like the president of a company or something like that. I'm actually having flashbacks to Wildy's novel with Dr. Jyrras talking about how much work he has to do before he can get his latest evil plan off of the ground... wow, Wildy had kind of thought this all through, hadn't she? Then again, with her brother as leader of the Twinks, I'd assume she'd have at least some working knowledge of the forces of evil.

And besides all of that, Evil Villains do not pay taxes.

Man, it's bad to write stuff at 1:30 in the morning. I'm going to bed. Right now.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Fragmaster01

Or more likely he's a little scared of that "adventurers coming out of the woodwork" comment, as even Dan is smart enough to figure out what happens after that.

Rithm Alfortele

Quote from: Jairus on July 09, 2008, 04:32:22 AM
wow, Wildy had kind of thought this all through, hadn't she? Then again, with her brother as leader of the Twinks, I'd assume she'd have at least some working knowledge of the forces of evil.

You DO realize this is Wildy we're talking about?  Right?

She doesn't need her brother to know what being evil's like :P

Zedd

Darkdragon

Madmann135

If it wasn't for all that accursed paperwork all of you would know me as your ruler.  Ruling a planet is a mountain of paperwork and a river treachery.  What's worse is that you can't hire out others to do the paperwork because with a stroke of a pen they can embezzle your hard work right from under your nose.

I miss the old days when you can simply raise an army and start conquering everything in sight.  Hot female assassins were my favorite part of my conquering days. 
Now it's easier to work in counterterrorism.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

kaskar

Quote from: !KCA on July 09, 2008, 04:43:57 AM
What did DP just notice?
8) That his staff are absolutely incompetant ?

8)( Bye the way, when do we see that killer spork ? )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Mao

Ganurath

I wonder if the lights being back is a metaphor for the return of updates?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jairus

I think it's foreshadowing that things are about to get really really interesting...

Ganurath

VSMIT

Yeah, so I don't think we'll be seeing that this time. :c

Jairus

Darn, now I'm starting to regret that Dan didn't tell that story. Then again, if he had, we would never have found out why he has so many high-healed shoes. Oh well, I guess that's for another time.

Speaking of sporks, I wonder how Jyrras would have built a door-breaking-down mechanism using only floss and a spork...

AmigaDragon

What did DP just notice?
How flat-chested one "maiden" is? How incomplete another is?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ganurath

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 09, 2008, 01:22:01 PM
What did DP just notice?
How flat-chested one "maiden" is? How incomplete another is?
Or how about not noticing anything, because he's too busy whining about paperwork and administration difficulties?

Alondro

*Charline feh*  REAL supervillains don't do paperwork!   We eat the beauraucrats who try to make us do it!  :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Mao

Hmm... spork the bureaucrats?  Is anarchy come in the form of the spork?  *gasps*  Could it be true!?

I really wanna see that spork event now.. and especially the reaction of DP to said event.

Aleolus

Hmm, I can see it now.

Dan: What's your name, out of curiosity?
DP: Dark Pegasus, why?
Dan: Well, mister Dark Pegasus, I'm afraid the adventurers have already started to come, thanks to some incompetent minions of yours, who apparently mistook me for a woman.  *pulls a sword out of sword-space* Sorry, gonna hafta kill you now.  Been fun.
DP:  O.O

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on July 09, 2008, 03:30:03 PM
Dan: Sorry, gonna hafta kill you now.  Been fun.
DP:  O.O

We don't know that he did kill DP in his first encounter.  IMHO it's more likely he simply thwarted his plans this time around.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Slowtini

Dan's at the final boss, and the monologues never stop.

Who will break when the battle comes?
Dan's sanity, or DP's neck?

Jairus

Quote from: Slowtini on July 09, 2008, 04:30:42 PM

Considering that Dan's first reaction on meeting Jyrras (which predates this story) was to shout "It's Raining Men!," I'm gonna say that Dan's already nuts.

Paul

Quote from: Jairus on July 09, 2008, 04:43:05 PM
Quote from: Slowtini on July 09, 2008, 04:30:42 PM
Considering that Dan's first reaction on meeting Jyrras (which predates this story) was to shout "It's Raining Men!," I'm gonna say that Dan's already nuts.
Aw c'mon, anyone who's heard the song would have said that.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Alondro on July 09, 2008, 02:57:30 PM
*Charline feh*  REAL supervillains don't do paperwork!   We eat the beauraucrats who try to make us do it!  :P
Umm, when did DP reach SUPERvillainhood? I thought he was just a villain.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Aleolus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 09, 2008, 09:35:33 PM
Umm, when did DP reach SUPERvillainhood? I thought he was just a villain.

I agree, DP doesn't qualify for Super-villianhood.  He needs some sort of dastardly way of bypassing the hero's plans so that the heros can succeed and his evil plans still proceed unhindered before he can qualify for the Super title.

Gamma

*Charline feh*  REAL supervillains don't do paperwork!   We eat the bureaucrats* who try to make us do it!  :P

Since DP doesn't seem to be a "Super" Villain and is just a Vanilla Villain, bureaucrats currently outrank his evil deeds. If he could master the paperwork though, oh what a difference it would be. >:3

*Corrected your spelling for you.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Brunhidden

DP needs to hire assistants who can help juggle some of this stuff.

i humbly submit my resume for the position of Dungeon Keeper and Director of Inhuman Resources

QuoteWhat other dungeon is so dark as one's own heart! What jailer so inexorable as one's self!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 10, 2008, 12:29:01 AM
i humbly submit my resume for the position of Dungeon Keeper and Director of Inhuman Resources

They wouldn't be called Human Resources if they weren't meant to be strip-mined

(From Freefall...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Wait paper work, villianous burocracy... does Furra have it's own Guild of Calamitous Intent?