20/06/08 [Hybrids #7] - Unique Name Creation is for Fools

Started by Tycoon, June 20, 2008, 07:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycoon

So, genderless, eh? Pity that it didn't go into more detail about Phoenix B's secondary form...

Sid

Well, to be fair, it's the Hybrid Genetics series, not the Demonology 101. :P
That being said, a few interesting bits of info in this one! Nice to see this mini-arc progressing a bit again. :)
:boogie

Alondro

*Charline dangs!"  Genderless!  So much for my plans for a super-powered halfbreed...

No Fae, no Phoenix A... Guess dragons are all I've got left, and they dun like cubi very much.

Maybe if I offer Charles as a food gift...

*Charles noes*   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rt

Charline
Quote from: Alondro on June 20, 2008, 09:36:28 AM
*Charline dangs!"  Genderless!  So much for my plans for a super-powered halfbreed...

I thought that is where cloning and dna splicing techniques came in. If you can't cross bread it .. splice it!  >:3

VioletDusk

So Phoenix B is mortal then, just like an ordinary being? Or are they unicorn like, where you can kill them, but they don't die of silly things like old age?

Sunblink

Quote from: Violet Dusk on June 20, 2008, 10:34:08 AM
So Phoenix B is mortal then, just like an ordinary being? Or are they unicorn like, where you can kill them, but they don't die of silly things like old age?

Phoenix B can die of old age according to Demonology; in fact their lifespans are similar to Beings.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

GabrielsThoughts

aha! but Aly wasn't a phoenix the first time she met Dan, but now she is a pheonix the first time she met Dan, which means either  Dan is lying, or some diabolical feind has changed the Timeline.

It is my theory that  DP has traveled back in time, and has changed the timeline somehow.   

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Goatmon

You know, there's never a bad time for more Phoenix data.   :B

Zedd

Its always good to know that we know more and Ambers brain is due into core meltdown soon enough

Lucheek

Woah. They can have kids with a Griffin B.

What would that look like?

Slowtini

I wish I could do the die/reborn thing like ze phoenixes.
Sounds like it would be great fun at parties D:

VSMIT

Why is it that the Phoenix A entry in Demo101 says Always Female, but Fluffy says that they're genderless?  Or do we attribute it to Fluffy's constant excuse?

Aisha deCabre

Or I guess to some, if you have an inability to breed, you might as well be genderless.

Either way, it's good to get some more info on these critters, as the phoenixes.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: VSMIT on June 20, 2008, 02:55:48 PM
Why is it that the Phoenix A entry in Demo101 says Always Female, but Fluffy says that they're genderless?  Or do we attribute it to Fluffy's constant excuse?

A wizard did it.

Fresnor

Names aren't the only thing Amber is lazy with.  :mowtongue  Though since she is just telling a story for fun, she really doesn't need to worry about making a world that would mesh well.   :mowwink

Hanii Puppy

Is it just me, or does Fluffy in the 4th panel look like s/he's just seen ... I'm too tired to think of a funny right now =X sorry ;_;

Goatmon

Quote from: VSMIT on June 20, 2008, 02:55:48 PM

Going by what the comic has told us about the Phoenix A race, it seems that they're designed female, but their species doesn't actually have any reproduction-related anatomy and the gender is entirely superficial. 

I think the Fae function differnetly because, while they also cannot produce more of their own kind, they are nevertheless equipped to "Get it on" at their discretion.   :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Goatmon on June 20, 2008, 08:16:04 PM
I think the Fae function differnetly in that, unless Amber has suggested otherwise, they can't reproduce but are still equipped to "get it on".   :3

She did. The whole "Hollows" thing. They can, but decline to do so, because it's just such a downer to have your child totally lifeless, soulless, and dead at 21 years, 21 hours old.

Goatmon

I already thought of the hollows before you posted, and edited it appropriately learch. 

But thanks anyway for the tip. 

Slowtini

Quote from: Hanii Puppy on June 20, 2008, 06:53:56 PM
Is it just me, or does Fluffy in the 4th panel look like s/he's just seen ... I'm too tired to think of a funny right now =X sorry ;_;

The... arm-thing's position, as well as the expression, leads me to believe fluffy just saw a troupe of strippers.

GabrielsThoughts

wait...they are genderless females like ants.... so the real question is  how do we know all the genderless ants in a colony are female? why not create a third gender or something?

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Dannysaysnoo

I actually did a form once, that had three choices for gender. Male, Female and Other.

What is the other?

VSMIT

The politically correct way to say all three at once?

Kuari

Part of this Demo page disturbs me greatly....  something with the Phoenix B section....  Also been in a couple others...  that's all I'm saying about that, I'll let you guys figure it out...

In any case, yeah, Fluffy looks just about to have her brain go boom...

e_voyager

i'm waiting on the one for the beings. i have a felling that they are like cubi in that they are a base race and can breed with "nearly" all the others. insects , mer and paranormal  entities are exempt as are those who's shear scale is a problem.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Goatmon

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on June 20, 2008, 11:37:27 PM
I actually did a form once, that had three choices for gender. Male, Female and Other.

What is the other?

Well, there are hermaphrodites, and also intersexuals. 

But people usually associate themselves as male or female, I'm sure most employers probably just include that on the list for PC reasons.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Kuari on June 21, 2008, 12:14:15 AM
Part of this Demo page disturbs me greatly....  something with the Phoenix B section....  Also been in a couple others...  that's all I'm saying about that, I'll let you guys figure it out...
I don't see anything out of place...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Goatmon on June 20, 2008, 08:51:43 PM
I already thought of the hollows before you posted, and edited it appropriately learch. 

Heh. Whoops. ;-]

Quote from: Goatmon on June 20, 2008, 08:51:43 PM
But thanks anyway for the tip. 

Welcome.

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on June 20, 2008, 11:37:27 PM

What is the other?

As Goatmon already pointed out, you need something to select for Transgender people. If only to keep the petty bureaucrats happy...