06/15/08 [Abel 2 #21] - Don't assume, it makes an...

Started by Anri, June 15, 2008, 02:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anri

So tearing him apart again was... literal. I'm curious what purpose this would have been for, business, pleasure or both.

Aleolus

Well, no, we don't know that.  We just know that what he was about to do was a mistake he had made before, but not that he was being literal.

Turnsky

well it stands to reason that he can't take everything apart that he wants, does it?  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

I see we know who wears the pants in this relationship. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

8) Is this a case of Dr. Ink and Ms. Pink ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Magic

Technically, Fa'lina is still older, more powerful, and hence Ink's superior.

Nuances.

You do not stare directly into the incomprehensible, but you look at it through your own dimensions much in the same way you know a cube is a cube, without touching it, by looking at it from the corners. You assume it is a three dimensional object through light, shadow and the way the faces converge. But alas, senses can be fooled. You may be looking at a picture of a cube. You won't know, you're not allowed to touch.

The fox thinks via Occam's Razor, but lacks the variables that the poodle may have. And we already know that the poodle has almost (if not) all the variables.

I love the third panel, for reasons left only to myself.

Re: The answer to whether or not it was literal;
Maybe.

Re: This supposed relationship;
Please, if ever, the relationship is purely platonic.

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Turnsky

Quote from: Ink on June 15, 2008, 04:37:26 AM

Re: This supposed relationship;
Please, if ever, the relationship is purely platonic.[/i]

more a professional relationship, than anything otherwise, as far as i can see.

llearch n'n'daCorna

But of course. I never thought otherwise. Other than, as Turnsky mentioned, professional.

What filthy minds you all have...

kaskar

8) Just Hanging Around ...

Turnsky

Brunhidden

*sings*

i could have been a surgeon, i like taking things apart!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sunblink

For some reason I especially like the art in this comic. Especially how quietly shocked he looks in the second panel, then how disgruntled and disappointed Ink looks in the third panel.

At least Fa'Lina has integrity. :B Though now I'll never get the yaoi out of my head.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

PS: Also, Amber, if it's of any consolation about your mysterious cream-soda, I'm feeling fairly depressed this father's day too because my grandpa is in prison (well, federal camp) for something (relatively minor) he did fifty years ago. So you definitely have my condolences and sympathy here.

Lucheek

Hehehe. I think this a very good example of Fa'Lina's power. Ink, to me, always seemed like somebody who would follow his own purposes. But Fa'Lina crouching down to tell him no just screams the power she has. :3

Anri

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 15, 2008, 04:55:26 AM

But of course. I never thought otherwise. Other than, as Turnsky mentioned, professional.

What filthy minds you all have...

Yes, but not tis time I swear! D:

Also, baconless burgers is a terrible thing. ;.;

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Lucheek on June 15, 2008, 09:48:15 AM
But Fa'Lina crouching down to tell him no just screams the power she has. :3
I didn't actually notice this at first. Took a moment to remember that Fa'lina is very tall, and Ink (according to his Wiki entry) isn't.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Ry

I know she *is* older, but in the DMFA storyline that's only 9288 v 9075, and the Abel thing was only 374 years ago.  213 years seem like they don't matter so much after a few thousand.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ink isn't tri-wing. That makes a big difference.

I'd expect that Fa'Lina could take him apart one feather at a time, if she so desired. And he knows it.

shadowterm

A question I've never been able to answer is where the third set of wing would appear, I've never seen them on Fa'Lina either.
/)//w//(\

llearch n'n'daCorna

Back of the hips.

I believe there's a picture of Fa'Lina around somewhere - I could swear I saw it - with the third set visible.

As Abel says, you'd have to be utterly overpowered or utterly egotistical to wander around with them out, though...

Amber Williams

Quote from: Ry on June 15, 2008, 02:28:09 PM

I know she *is* older, but in the DMFA storyline that's only 9288 v 9075, and the Abel thing was only 374 years ago.  213 years seem like they don't matter so much after a few thousand.

In the actual DMFA storyline, there has never been a mention of Ink's actual age.  Keep in mind that the wiki-page is based off Ink's creator and his interpretatoin. And while I may try to keep relatively close and fair, I am not always going to break my own story just to synch with his.

Actual DMFA-wise, Ink is somewhat younger by at least 1k.

llearch n'n'daCorna

And, whilst that doesn't make that much difference, he's still not a tri-wing.

Angel

Hm. I have only one thing to say to this, a statement that has been repeated many times over:

Go Fa'Lina.

Seriously, she seems to be the only Cubi with any hint of ethics so far. And even Ink respects that because she's so powerful. (teetering towards Fa'Lina fandom...)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Alondro

*Charline hmms, studying the evil doctor, attempting to poke a hole into his psyche*  I've never thought Ink was one to go head-on with Fa'lina power-wise.  No, he strikes me much more like Mauri Kurotsochi, a scientist brilliant to the point of complete madness, who sees all living things as little more than subjects for his research, which is the only thing that brings him what anyone could term 'pleasure'.  The one great difference I can see is that Ink hasn't experimented upon himself as yet.  

But then, as Ink himself has said, I may only be seeing the picture of a cube, hung in front of and masking the twisted form of reality.

True, even with many alterations, he may not yet be close to matching Fa'lina's power, and indeed may have a certain respect for that fact.  He may indeed be one who doesn't seek rule at all, lest he become a target himself for anyone wishing to occupy the top spot.  He is likely one content so long as he is given the necessary 'material' for his research, to whatever ends it takes him, and to continue on until he understands all that he needs to in order to achieve that secret goal which is known as yet only to himself.

Although, I am quite certain his well of souls figures more than a pittance in that plan.  
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ry

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 15, 2008, 05:00:20 PM
And, whilst that doesn't make that much difference, he's still not a tri-wing.
I'm not saying she's not more powerful, but after a certain age "older" doesn't mean much if he's only a few hundred younger and they're over 8k.  That there's at least a 1k difference makes more sense when calling "older" as a thing that matters.   ^^

As for the wings: I'm not sure where I saw this, either, but there's a picture here (it's in my photobucket because I saved it from wherever)

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 15, 2008, 03:24:45 PM
As Abel says, you'd have to be utterly overpowered or utterly egotistical to wander around with them out, though...
You missed "stupid". Abel was specifically talking about hiding head and back wings. He didn't mention hiding the third set. Of course, by the time you get those, it should take quite a bit to take you down, not to mention likely having tons of other tricks up your sleeves.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen