13/06/08 [DMFA #915] - Better the second time

Started by CameronCN, June 13, 2008, 02:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CameronCN

You know, I think Dan is actually telling the truth about the spork...

LigerJet

Dan looks totally hawt in that outfit.  Mrowr! :love2

Greyman

NB:  "Let's get back to the point where you, a crippled undead, and an unconscious mythos where hauled away by a single foe."

It looks like we have a species identification for Anna.  Okay, who had a bid in for mythos?

Timothy

Aww dang ... so if the spork fight was the second time he met DP we don't get to see it in this arch  :<
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

AmigaDragon

Maybe in this one he loses his loincloth instead (can't recall where that reference was).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kuari

That was Ice Orcs, which we have seen none of, so loin cloth probably won't happen...

but yeah, that answered two big questions, where the spork was, and what race Anna is...  but she seems rather weak for a Mythos...

Goatmon

Quote from: Greyman on June 13, 2008, 03:12:26 AM
NB:  "Let's get back to the point where you, a crippled undead, and an unconscious mythos where hauled away by a single foe."

It looks like we have a species identification for Anna.  Okay, who had a bid in for mythos?

Given the context I'm pretty sure it was just a small oops on glorious Amber's behalf. 

Fyi, Amber prefers being PMed about this stuff, rather than see it show up in forum posts. 

....oh shi-

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kuari on June 13, 2008, 04:16:38 AM
That was Ice Orcs, which we have seen none of, so loin cloth probably won't happen...

but yeah, that answered two big questions, where the spork was, and what race Anna is...  but she seems rather weak for a Mythos...
Well, Mythos differ greatly between each other, so some of them may be weak. Also, I am not sure that being taken out by a *censored* Death Knight is a sign of weakness. :B

Turnsky

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 13, 2008, 06:07:54 AM
Quote from: Kuari on June 13, 2008, 04:16:38 AM

Well, Mythos differ greatly between each other, so some of them may be weak. Also, I am not sure that being taken out by a *censored* Death Knight is a sign of weakness. :B

hardly a death knight, more like a pinch knight.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on June 13, 2008, 06:26:58 AM
If it killed Dan there would be a bit of a reality crash, wouldn't there?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2008, 06:38:12 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 13, 2008, 06:26:58 AM

you mean a *dun dun dun* paradox>:3

mind you, dan has died at least once, he might have died more times, you never know.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Turnsky on June 13, 2008, 08:26:19 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2008, 06:38:12 AM

you mean a *dun dun dun* paradox>:3

mind you, dan has died at least once, he might have died more times, you never know.
"Wait, haven't you just died?! :boggle"

"...I got better.. :paranoid"

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Greyman on June 13, 2008, 03:12:26 AMIt looks like we have a species identification for Anna.  Okay, who had a bid in for mythos?
Did we merely miss the part of the story (by Amber not printing it) where Dan identified her to Fi as being Mythos, or was his description just good enough that Fi could tell what she was? Shame on us for not picking up on this. :P Other than the green fur, I figured she was just being. Could it be she's half-mythos and just not showing most of those traits?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 13, 2008, 12:03:46 PM
Did we merely miss the part of the story (by Amber not printing it) where Dan identified her to Fi as being Mythos, or was his description just good enough that Fi could tell what she was?

Either he found out during the 5-hour card game, or he finds out later.  I suspect that what we saw as part of the comic strip, he described to Fi in words.

QuoteShame on us for not picking up on this. :P Other than the green fur, I figured she was just being. Could it be she's half-mythos and just not showing most of those traits?
I don't know, there have been brightly-colour Beings before.  Devin, for example.  And then we have another green Dalmatian type in strip 356.
So personally, I don't think we've seen any hard evidence that she's a Mythos yet.  (Or if we have, it hasn't clicked).

techmaster-glitch

And thus, the Spork story remains a Noodle Incident alongside Abel's Library Incident, though in this case, it's probably something closer to Noodle Awesome xD

Lucheek

Or maybe Fi is reffering to Shanna as the mythos.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Lucheek on June 13, 2008, 12:39:55 PM
Except, the last we saw of her Shanna's not unconscious, and in fact still busy putting the cat out. Hopefully with better success than Fred Flintstone.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Goatmon

Quote from: Lucheek on June 13, 2008, 12:39:55 PM

Except that the story has been cut off with Shanna's status as unknown, whereas we know Anna to be unconscious as of the last page.  So, either it was an error, or Anna actually is a mythos and Amber felt like anti-climactically spoiling the surprize. 

I honestly have no idea which is the more likely solution right now.   I PMed Amber hours ago about it, and the responce i got was.... in a word, inconclusive. 

Sunblink

Quote from: SpottedKitty on June 13, 2008, 12:55:08 PM
...in fact still busy putting the cat out. Hopefully with better success than Fred Flintstone.

Spots, you owe me a new computer screen. Mine's all covered in root beer now.

On a more on-topic note, hooray for Mythos :3 Time to update Anna's Wiku-Wiki page.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Goatmon

Haha, I missed that.  Great reference.

Now I wll be unsatisfied until I, or someone else, edits "Yabba dabba doo" or some other Flintstone dialog into Shannah's speech bubbles. 

Naldru

By the way, there is a relatively simple and easy way that Dan could have destroyed a room full of Death Knights with just a spork.

If Dark Pegasus tossed Dan in a death trap and Dan managed to jam the mechanism with a spork, Dark Pegasus might become enraged and send a squadron of Death Knights into the room to destroy Dan.  Using the skills that would make him a legend in DDR, Dan would then evade the Death Knights and escape from the room, removing the spork from the mechanism on his way out.  With the spork removed, the death trap fulfills its function on the Death Knights.

Amber, I am not questioning your plotting abilities, so please don't expose me to the devastating power of your terrible and awesome rant.

As for the loincloth and the ice orcs, there are some areas which I dare not touch or look at.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

shadowterm

The flinstones idea was too much to pass up. >:3

/)//w//(\

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on June 13, 2008, 01:21:02 PM
By the way, there is a relatively simple and easy way that Dan could have destroyed a room full of Death Knights with just a spork.

I'm thinking that it would be more along the lines of him discovering a design fault which the spork can be made to trigger.  Remember those fancy U-shaped bike padlocks?  Someone discovered that a Biro(*) was just the right shape to open them up without the key.  All of them.

(*)Biro is a brand of pen.  I mention this because someone took me to task about it before.

Slowtini

We need to hear the spork story... Spory? o-o

Angel

Yaaay Spork. :)

On a side note, I like Dan's current outfit. I bet I said that earlier though, so just ignore it. And who here is betting that Dan finds and defeats Dark Pegasus by pure accident?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Black_angel on June 13, 2008, 04:04:30 PM
And who here is betting that Dan finds and defeats Dark Pegasus by pure accident?
Might explain why DP was only defeated in their first encounter, and not killed...

Wanderer

She's a mythos? But... she has thumbs! She's defying my arbitrarily chosen mythos identification feature!

My world is collapsing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Wanderer on June 13, 2008, 06:26:28 PM
She's a mythos? But... she has thumbs! She's defying my arbitrarily chosen mythos identification feature!

My world is collapsing.

:popcorn
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Wanderer on June 13, 2008, 06:26:28 PM

My world is collapsing.
Will your world go supernova? Then I'll stick around to watch. :3 *joins llearch*