06/08/08 [Abel 2 #20] - We'll Put Him Back Together...

Started by Sunblink, June 08, 2008, 12:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

...only to take him apart.

YIKES. Cliffhanger.

So now it comes around full-circle to what Aniz said regarding Abel's unique wings and eyes. Hopefully this will be elaborated on in the future.

Not to mention... huh. Misery. Makes sense, given that's all Aniz has been causing.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ry

Putting him back together just to tear him apart...  I can see why Abel things Ink's the scariest thing he can think of.  (have we ever figured out what the other 2 most scary thigns he's seen was?)

Gamma

Alexsi was number three so only one more is left, probably Falina and whether Ink is number one or not is debatable.

Hmm.... To take back apart. Quite the interesting statement.  :kruger Maybe.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Aleolus

O.O  Damn.  Well that explains why he hasn't been able to hold a roommate well.  Also why Aniz did everything he was.  Strange what lengths someone will go to for an excessive gourmet meal.

On a side note, anyone know why Dr. Ink has the black fuzz around his text boxes?

Mwa

Quote from: Aleolus on June 08, 2008, 01:26:09 AM
On a side note, anyone know why Dr. Ink has the black fuzz around his text boxes?
Because he's eeeeeevil!

The only thing I can think of looking at that comic is "Choppy choppy! >:D"

Psaakyrn

Just a note: Affinity doesn't mean he likes causing such. His favourite food/emotion is still Confusion based on his bio. Guilty pleasure perhaps, but unlikely to be something he'd actively cause.

But what i'm more curious is, what's so special about the combination? I don't see anything particularly special about wings other than it's feathered, so it's likely some combination with his eyes.. Only thing I can see that's special about that is the different-iris nature: blue irises aren't rare, and I don't think green is either.

[EDIT] Also, Ink isn't the only cubi with fuzzy textboxes, as shown in http://missmab.com/Demo/Cubi05.php
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darkdragon

I have just decided that Ink looks great in a suit.  :)

Anri

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 08, 2008, 02:19:14 AM
Just a note: Affinity doesn't mean he likes causing such. His favourite food/emotion is still Confusion based on his bio. Guilty pleasure perhaps, but unlikely to be something he'd actively cause.

He certainly seems to stay alone in it often enough. May not be a favorite, but rather something he finds unwillingly or perhaps subconciously.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 08, 2008, 02:19:14 AM
Yeah, there's a difference between affinity and preference.
But what i'm more curious is, what's so special about the combination? I don't see anything particularly special about wings other than it's feathered, so it's likely some combination with his eyes.. Only thing I can see that's special about that is the different-iris nature: blue irises aren't rare, and I don't think green is either.
I'm sure we'll find out something about this historical (though only 2000 years) cubi sometime. The blue and green eyes with the (I assume) "cookies and cream" spotted feathered wings. Or... do I remember correctly something about Abel having combination feathered and bat-like wings, or was that someone else?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Reese Tora

Yup, that's the Ink we all know and... fear with the terror of a thousand burning hells. D:
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Magic

The elegance, and the finery. I love it to death. (Hm, such an apt choice of words.) The knotted ascot completes the the Victorian look. Simply divine.

Figuratively divine, of course.

Now the only thing missing, perhaps, would be KV 626, Requiem, Sequentia: Lacrimosa playing in the background. Particularly the beginning and the middle. And a spot of tea, perhaps.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Anri

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 08, 2008, 03:59:53 AMOr... do I remember correctly something about Abel having combination feathered and bat-like wings, or was that someone else?

I think you may be correct, there.

kaskar

8) So this is the point where Doctor Ink will  " makes his mark "  .....
8) Just Hanging Around ...

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Gamma on June 08, 2008, 01:23:16 AM
Alexsi was number three so only one more is left, probably Falina and whether Ink is number one or not is debatable.

Maybe Aniz is one of the scariest things...

MT Hazard

Could he be feeding off his own misery? I know surviving by feeding off your own emotions is a high level cubi thing but surely they get stuck feeding off their own emotional state.

EDIT: The doctor didn't do the tests on Abel to begin with, how long do you think he waits before doing them for his own amusement?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

This makes the scenes with Dan later on all the more interesting, since he puts himself out to prevent Dan becoming miserable.

Actually, I wonder whether this is why he insists on eating regular food.  On the other hand, he might make a decent counsellor.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk* I like the rant.

Amber, you're a doofus. Take care of yourself. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

"Take him apart"... Evil doctors are the best kind. :3 ..I cannot help feeling sorry for Abel..

Wanderer

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 08, 2008, 03:59:53 AMOr... do I remember correctly something about Abel having combination feathered and bat-like wings, or was that someone else?
You are correct, Abel has combo-wings. Feathers on top, bat-wings on the bottom. As a note, Nirfy has reverse-combo-wings, with bat-wings at the top turning into feathers on the bottom. I always found Nirfy's combination to be really cool. It's also the reason I know right away what Abel's was, because back then I commented on how cool Nirfy's wings were, and someone pointed out to me that Abel's were just the reverse of them.

Feather Dancer

I can't help but wonder if it's the feathery bat wings and the fact his eyes being a green AND a blue rather than both the same thats being refered to, certainly my first thought. Hm, the "looks just like them" must mean there's something special about it.

Ah Ink, ever practial in his own amusement of causing havoc (For a good cause mind, most of the time). I wonder though, where has his halo vacated to?
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

rt

Quote from: Darkdragon on June 08, 2008, 03:42:27 AM
I have just decided that Ink looks great in a suit.  :)

I concur .. Ink is "styling" in that outfit

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Karu Dragon on June 08, 2008, 08:08:39 AM
I wonder though, where has his halo vacated to?
Remember, the first time we see Ink (when Abel takes Dan into his office) the halo is duct-taped to his headwings. Presumably he only sticks it there, or shapeshifts it there, when he wants to use it to play with someone's head.   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Starcat5

Quote from: SpottedKitty on June 08, 2008, 09:25:11 AM
Remember, the first time we see Ink (when Abel takes Dan into his office) the halo is duct-taped to his headwings. Presumably he only sticks it there, or shapeshifts it there, when he wants to use it to play with someone's head.   ;)

Ok, what in Darkness's name are you talking about? I see no duct tape in those panels, and as shown in the first panel, there is a good chunk of space between it and his left headwing. There is no evidence in comic 525 showing that the halo is attached. It is more likely an illusion that he dons like a hat or something. Put it on when you want it, take it off when it is no longer needed.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 08, 2008, 07:05:32 AM
*snerk* I like the rant.

Amber, you're a doofus. Take care of yourself. ;-]

What?  Wii likes the AMBER, Wii wants her to be health.    Wii all needs to get Wii Fit.....  I going to get the Wii Fit now for sure.  Keep moving, Amber, you can do it if you keep at it.

Abel Comic:
OOOOooo DR Ink looks good in anything, especially in nothing at all....

:giggle
PBH 

VioletDusk

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 08, 2008, 12:46:06 AM
Misery. Makes sense, given that's all Aniz has been causing.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

So it really was just cooking, 'Cubi style. *comtemplates* Bah, I still hate Aniz.

Ry

Hmm.... To take back apart. Quite the interesting statement.  :kruger Maybe.
Well, Ink WAS the most evil thing he could think of.  Not scary, yeah, but still.
Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on June 08, 2008, 05:30:59 AM

Maybe Aniz is one of the scariest things...
If not Aniz himself, certainly that night.

Quote from: starcat5 on June 08, 2008, 09:45:01 AM
Quote from: SpottedKitty on June 08, 2008, 09:25:11 AM

Ok, what in Darkness's name are you talking about? I see no duct tape in those panels, and as shown in the first panel, there is a good chunk of space between it and his left headwing. There is no evidence in comic 525 showing that the halo is attached. It is more likely an illusion that he dons like a hat or something. Put it on when you want it, take it off when it is no longer needed.

Look at the second panel, where the halo meets the right headwing.  There's a white piece of what could be tape there.  If it is tape, then it might just be on the one wing, hence why there's the space in the first panel.

Wanderer

Quote from: Ry on June 08, 2008, 11:07:15 AM
Look at the second panel, where the halo meets the right headwing.  There's a white piece of what could be tape there.  If it is tape, then it might just be on the one wing, hence why there's the space in the first panel.
...That's the standard gap in the headwings. The wings curve at that point, leaving a gap that you can see through to whatever's behind them. Pretty much every cubi has that.