05/30/08 [DMFA #909] - Less and less

Started by Madmann135, May 30, 2008, 02:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

I must say traveling with amazons is starting to sound more and more... I don't know... AWESOME!

With that PG-13 hair of hers she could be in the buff and we would never know.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

jo-shadow

Interesting to think about the quirks, both insane and mundane, that one might have to deal with, if one were to work for evil masterminds/overloards/geniuses such as dark pegasus or some others we've seen :mwaha... We've already seen a few unnamed henchmen like that fox, may he rest peacefully in paragator's highly expandable stomach.

Makes me wonder how you apply for jobs like that... It must pay pretty darn well considering how for some gosh-dang reason the evil ones most-always end up getting beaten or worse, slain... And then have to be resurrected over and over as a result.

Also, always enjoy seeing more sexy tail action from her  :)

(side note, back button links to 906, not 908)

Ren Gaulen

Hurrah! Shanna!! :D I was starting to miss her! Yay for her using her clothes to disable guards. Though the guard seems to somewhat enjoy being disabled like that. >:3 And Pod-Puppy Anna is less than pleased with the fact that Shanna gets all attention.

Omega

"Yeah, Anna. Shut up and let the lady do what she wants."

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Omega on May 30, 2008, 02:40:35 AM
Yeah! Because what she wants is what we want! :3

Valynth

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 30, 2008, 02:52:31 AM
Quote from: Omega on May 30, 2008, 02:40:35 AM
Yeah! Because what she wants is what we want! :3

...Which is a haircut.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

schizo

The captive looks like he is smiling a little there.

Aleolus

Wow!  You know something, I think  she needs to cut her hair.  It looks just a few inches too long to me, I bet I can trim it quite nicely   :kruger   :mowwink

Psaakyrn

On a slight note, that's 2 pieces of clothing she lost:  her belt is missing too. (I presume that's to bind the guard's limbs)

Though I'd hazard a guess that she is doing this intentionally, based on her tail position..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

AmigaDragon

I was thinking it's hard to tell this guard's gender with the clipboard and then Shanna's tail hiding... his chest from view. I'm guessing this one might be a young demon. Or are wings fairly common among beings (besides phoenix and gryphon(a))? I'm thinking they might be, the way Abel and Dan wandered freely with them exposed before their cubi heritage exposed more features.
BTW, do most beings (even adventurers) not know about cubi clan markings? Abel, May and Hennya apparently didn't recognize his "tattoo" as a possible cubi trait until Aniz showed his.
Also, Cubi can't hide their clan markings (other than covering them with clothing, armor, etc.), but can they relocate them? Or is the marking in a permanent location wherever it happens to show up (Abel's spine, Aniz's forearm)?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Psaakyrn

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 30, 2008, 03:21:46 AM
I was thinking it's hard to tell this guard's gender with the clipboard and then Shanna's tail hiding... his chest from view. I'm guessing this one might be a young demon. Or are wings fairly common among beings (besides phoenix and gryphon(a))? I'm thinking they might be, the way Abel and Dan wandered freely with them exposed before their cubi heritage exposed more features.
BTW, do most beings (even adventurers) not know about cubi clan markings? Abel, May and Hennya apparently didn't recognize his "tattoo" as a possible cubi trait until Aniz showed his.
Also, Cubi can't hide their clan markings (other than covering them with clothing, armor, etc.), but can they relocate them? Or is the marking in a permanent location wherever it happens to show up (Abel's spine, Aniz's forearm)?

There's also Angel and Mythos and Were, and the general avian race (which I presume is seperate from the Phoenix (b) race).

I also presume that adventurers would only know of specific markings of more dangerous and/or well known cubi clans, since Aniz's clan is mostly extinct/sparse, that may be how he goes undetected. I presume though that the cubi marking is a known item, since if not, there wouldn't be a distinct link for Aniz to show his "tattoo". I presume they can't be relocated, or at least tricky, since I presume Aniz never did so (else he wouldn't need that bracer all the time) and Aayanna didn't bother so when "morphing into Fa'lina"..

Zedd

Im surely feeling the vibes that this happens to her alot

tlarn

Quote from: Zedd on May 30, 2008, 03:49:19 AM
There's got to be a catch to being in an adventure party with her.

THERE HAS TO BE A CATCH. :dface

Maybe a high fatality rate due to 'distraction'.

PurpleCheeseLlama

...is it just me or does the demon look kinda like a priest? Y'know, white collar...book...devil horns...

Psaakyrn

Quote from: tlarn on May 30, 2008, 03:53:20 AM
Quote from: Zedd on May 30, 2008, 03:49:19 AM

Probably a see-no-touch catch.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: tlarn on May 30, 2008, 03:53:20 AM

Please.. It's quite simple: the catch is that you have got to be a female (or at least look like one) to be in one party with Shanna.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 30, 2008, 03:21:46 AM
I'm guessing this one might be a young demon. Or are wings fairly common among beings (besides phoenix and gryphon(a))? I'm thinking they might be, the way Abel and Dan wandered freely with them exposed before their cubi heritage exposed more features.

I'd say it was a young demon myself.

QuoteBTW, do most beings (even adventurers) not know about cubi clan markings? Abel, May and Hennya apparently didn't recognize his "tattoo" as a possible cubi trait until Aniz showed his.
'Cubi are rare, and by the looks of it very furtive.  If there were many 'Cubi in Zinvth in May's time, they would be well hidden.

QuoteAlso, Cubi can't hide their clan markings (other than covering them with clothing, armor, etc.), but can they relocate them? Or is the marking in a permanent location wherever it happens to show up (Abel's spine, Aniz's forearm)?
The implication is that it's permanently in the location it appears, but only Amber really knows.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuari

You know, I get the strangest feeling Shanna only wears clothes for the purposes they provide other then modesty...  that and the comic being PG..

kaskar

Quote from: Kuari on May 30, 2008, 05:57:00 AM
You know, I get the strangest feeling Shanna only wears clothes for the purposes they provide other then modesty...  that and the comic being PG..

8) Notice that her hair is pretty much unclipped, as for cover ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Kajet

Ah amazons, they might not like you but they're fun to watch.

Tapewolf

Interestingly, the demon isn't really dressed like a guard - heck he doesn't even seem to be armed.  Either DP has a very strange dress code for his troops - which might explain Aliyka's fixation with Dan - or we're seeing a nice cross-section of his staff and contractors.

And I think we'll find out whether he's a full-fledged demon if he breaks the bonds like paper later on...

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 30, 2008, 05:51:54 AM
QuoteBTW, do most beings (even adventurers) not know about cubi clan markings? Abel, May and Hennya apparently didn't recognize his "tattoo" as a possible cubi trait until Aniz showed his.
'Cubi are rare, and by the looks of it very furtive.  If there were many 'Cubi in Zinvth in May's time, they would be well hidden.

There's probably at least a notable number of Cubi in Zincth, if a clan could request to set up a children's hospital there. Whether people know how to differenciate clans is a different question.

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 30, 2008, 08:54:02 AM
Interestingly, the demon isn't really dressed like a guard - heck he doesn't even seem to be armed.  Either DP has a very strange dress code for his troops - which might explain Aliyka's fixation with Dan - or we're seeing a nice cross-section of his staff and contractors.

And I think we'll find out whether he's a full-fledged demon if he breaks the bonds like paper later on...

Of cause, the guard may have Bigg's "No hitting females" policy...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kaskar on May 30, 2008, 06:33:26 AM

Of course her hair is unclipped. It's her headband that is tying the guard's muzzle closed.

Just look here...

On the subject of the strip itself...

"Will Graz and Kass find work? How fast can Dan run? How far will he run before that sprained ankle causes him to fall over? Is he just a big cat toy? Is Hannah really stuffed with catnip? Who was doing all the screaming? Why has the lack of a belt not caused Shanna's dress to fall down? Will Dan ever will find a little tail? Where is Mab, anyway?
For the answers to these, and many other questions we forgot, tune in next time, for Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures!"
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Psaakyrn on May 30, 2008, 09:01:26 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 30, 2008, 05:51:54 AM
If there were many 'Cubi in Zinvth in May's time, they would be well hidden.
There's probably at least a notable number of Cubi in Zincth, if a clan could request to set up a children's hospital there. Whether people know how to differenciate clans is a different question.
Yes, but Hennya has never seen one, she only ever read about them.  And in later life Abel is afraid to show his wings at all.  That suggests to me that the 'Cubi in the city will be disguised as Beings or regular Demons.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 30, 2008, 09:14:58 AM
Yes, but Hennya has never seen one, she only ever read about them.  And in later life Abel is afraid to show his wings at all.  That suggests to me that the 'Cubi in the city will be disguised as Beings or regular Demons.

afraid?

Possibly of being mistaken for "horribly stupid with blatant ego", but no more, I'd suggest.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 30, 2008, 09:50:16 AM
afraid?

Possibly of being mistaken for "horribly stupid with blatant ego", but no more, I'd suggest.

In that strip he says "Almost all 'Cubi hide their headwings and backwings in public.  One would either be really powerful or horribly stupid with blatant ego to just prance around with them out."

Maybe you've got an alternative way of interpreting that, but to me that translates as "If you go around with headwings, someone will try to kill you unless you're powerful enough to kill them first."

**EDIT**
Maybe 'too cautious' is a better choice of words than 'afraid'.

Madmann135

We all are forgetting one minor/major detail Shanna might be a Mythos (I did not bother to look around for the answer) and therefore be subject to tasteful PG-13 nude laws like Matilda.  I still think Matilda is quite attractive, she has a nice (cough) personality.
They could have came from a clothing mandatory area while Shanna is not used to wearing clothing and has a figure that can handle it.  That's my random accusation.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

AndersW

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 30, 2008, 09:01:42 AM
Quote from: kaskar on May 30, 2008, 06:33:26 AM

Of course her hair is unclipped. It's her headband that is tying the guard's muzzle closed.

Just look here...

That link is broken.  Try this one, it clearly shows that she is missing her headband and her belt.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AndersW on May 30, 2008, 10:17:40 AM
That link is broken.  Try this one, it clearly shows that she is missing her headband and her belt.

Thankyou, it's fixed now.

Sunblink

Whenever Shannah appears in a comic, I cheer uproariously. She's a simply delightful character. Not to mention I laugh, considering this was a hilarious strip.

~Keaton the Black Jackal