18/05/08 [Abel 2 #17] - Sane Proposals?

Started by Feather Dancer, May 18, 2008, 04:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feather Dancer

Poor Fo looks pretty terrified though. Somebody zap him a muffin stat!
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Aisha deCabre

Wow.  I'm wondering whether or not Aniz will actually accept that proposal.

Or if he's actually going to answer any important questions.   :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Fo's expression was hardly the thing that struck me  :erk

Curious.  Very, very curious.  My initial reaction was that she wanted him on-staff, though that would hardly help Abel.  Then it occurred to me that she might want him to attend a course, something relating to ethics for example.  Rehabilitation, I suppose after the mess he made with Abel and Hennya.

The other interesting thing is that if he refuses, the ban would tie in perfectly with Dan's coming into maturity.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Slowtini

Ooh, QUICK! SOMEBODY GET THE BIG RED DEAL OR NO DEAL BUTTON! D:

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 18, 2008, 04:15:03 PM
The other interesting thing is that if he refuses, the ban would tie in perfectly with Dan's coming into maturity.

Interesting indeed...I guess we'll see Aniz's response next week :-3

Don

As the plot thickens so do the questions. Fa'lina really does care about everyone's well-being even if they do screw up as bad as Aniz did..but sometimes you have to let them go. Whatever Aniz is planning to do during his ban be it the fifty or 300 years, it'll be interesting to see how things develope now.

Ren Gaulen

Amber must enjoy messing with our minds like that, dropping vague hints at Edward actually being Aniz, only to make our brains melt when we find out that they were two different people.

Quote from: Zack on May 18, 2008, 04:25:03 PM
As the plot thickens so do the questions. Fa'lina really does care about everyone's well-being even if they do screw up as bad as Aniz did..but sometimes you have to let them go.

Well, Fa'Lina lost her entire clan, and it is like loosing your children. Also, nearly immortal creatures tend to cling to their past. But Fa'Lina's mission is truly noble. She does not want anyone to suffer what she had suffered and does everything to protect and help her fellow cubi. Even the a$$h0le$ like Aniz. :P

Don

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 18, 2008, 04:31:15 PM
Quote from: Zack on May 18, 2008, 04:25:03 PM
As the plot thickens so do the questions. Fa'lina really does care about everyone's well-being even if they do screw up as bad as Aniz did..but sometimes you have to let them go.

Well, Fa'Lina lost her entire clan, and it is like loosing your children. Also, nearly immortal creatures tend to cling to their past. But Fa'Lina's mission is truly noble. She does not want anyone to suffer what she had suffered and does everything to protect and help her fellow cubi. Even the a$$h0le$ like Aniz. :P

She's kind of like a godmother to them all. Though she may be the most evil of them all she seems to have the biggest heart as well.

Saist

Amber must enjoy messing with our minds like that, dropping vague hints at Edward actually being Aniz, only to make our brains melt when we find out that they were two different people.

Huh? Mind explaining this train of thought? I'm not really sure I follow where Amber has dropped vauge hints that Edward and Aniz are the same person.

Naldru

Could Aniz's rejection of the offer be the running away fast that Fa'lina referred to earlier?

Could Aniz's clan have been dumb enough to try attacking their enemies at SAIA?  Could that have been the cause of the ban?  In retaliation for attacking SAIA, a ban on their children being accepted until certain conditions are met?

Fire away all you like.  That figure you are shooting at on the tower is a dummy on a stick while I watch for your responses.  (Of course, some will argue that dummy on a stick is my natural state, but I can live with that.  Whether you're laughing with or against me, you're still laughing.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Raffe

Am I the only one that feels Fa'Lina is keeping him there to take care of/explain to Abel?
Thats what I thought the saving bit was about
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Saist on May 18, 2008, 04:37:58 PM

Huh? Mind explaining this train of thought? I'm not really sure I follow where Amber has dropped vauge hints that Edward and Aniz are the same person.

Mind reading Tape's words I quoted in my post? I was actually making fun of how lot's of people are making crazy theories about Edward being Aniz in disguise. I wasn't really being serious about it, just forgot to add this: " :B".

Teroniss

I dont doubt that the comic taking place 275 years after this and Aniz' ban are a complete coincidence, but I have my doubt(extreme one at that) That Aniz and Edward are one in the same person. I mean, if Edward were Aniz and he knew Destania was a Succubus, why hide his form at that point anymore? Moreover, Destania being a Cbui herself wouldve been able to figure over time that Edward was Aniz in disguise.....

Point being, Aniz might be relevant to Dan's story somehow, but not in the family relation department. That just my 2 cents.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Teroniss on May 18, 2008, 04:59:35 PM
If Edward were Aniz and he knew Destania was a Succubus, why hide his form at that point anymore?
Because the guests at the inn would kill her first, and then him.

QuoteMoreover, Destania being a Cubi herself wouldve been able to figure over time that Edward was Aniz in disguise.
Yes, but not necessarily immediately after being taken in by him.  Indeed, one of the arguments in support of the theory is that this would explain why she didn't soul-destroy him.

Raffe

If Edward were Aniz, Alexsi would be a succubus.
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 18, 2008, 05:06:09 PM

She may be a succubus in disguise!! :B :B :B :B

Tapewolf

I suspect it's probabilistic whether you get a 'Cubi or a Being.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 18, 2008, 05:08:21 PM
She may be a succubus in disguise!!
That I would find hard to believe.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 18, 2008, 05:09:43 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 18, 2008, 05:08:21 PM
She may be a succubus in disguise!!
That I would find hard to believe.

I was joking anyway. :P Note the " :B :B :B :B". :3

Sunblink

Plus, Amber said that Abel has never met Edward before, so that might mean that would apply to Aniz, as well, if the two are in fact one in the same. Considering the two (Aniz and Abel) have met, I sort of doubt Aniz is Edward.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

AndersW

As the person who came up with the Edward is Aniz theory, let me just say that not even I truly believe it.  And I will defend it until someone can disprove it.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 18, 2008, 05:35:59 PM
Plus, Amber said that Abel has never met Edward before, so that might mean that would apply to Aniz, as well, if the two are in fact one in the same. Considering the two (Aniz and Abel) have met, I sort of doubt Aniz is Edward.

You could also say that Abel has never met Cid.  Edward may have been a real person at one point.

I find it interesting that this is taking 375 years in the past from the main comic.  I don't think it's just a coincidence.

Angel

Quote from: Aniz"...I'm sorry my clan took that as a sign of weakness."

Initial reaction: Wait - Aniz's - clan - thud - dead.

Calm reaction: Hm. So how can she not have killed Aniz already for revenge? Or is her clan's genocide the whole reason she hasn't killed him?

Not to mention, Dan would take more after Destania than just his wings.

Quote from: AndersW on May 18, 2008, 05:54:19 PM

I find it interesting that this is taking 375 years in the past from the main comic.  I don't think it's just a coincidence.

.... (online calculator: 399-24=375)

Mein Gott, you're right. O_o Spoileriffic.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Teroniss

Quote from: Black_angel on May 18, 2008, 06:32:43 PM
Quote from: Aniz"...I'm sorry my clan took that as a sign of weakness."

Initial reaction: Wait - Aniz's - clan - thud - dead.

Calm reaction: Hm. So how can she not have killed Aniz already for revenge? Or is her clan's genocide the whole reason she hasn't killed him?

Thats easy, Fa'Lina got tired of the clans killing each other and created SAIA to stop the clan genocides. The  reason she wouldn't kill Aniz(if his clan was responsible for her clan's death) is cuz she doesn't want Cubi's fighting clan wars anymore. Atleast, thats kinda the overall feel you get from Demo 101 and the Unwilling and Abel arch.

Ren Gaulen

On the topic of "Who is responsible for the genocide of Fa'Lina's clan". I'm pretty sure that Aniz's clan has nothing to do with it. In fact, I have a feeling that it is dragons who are responsible. After all, there must be some reason for Destania to plan the extermination of entire dragon race - why, to avenge her old friend, since Fa'Lina isn't going to avenge herself.

Naldru

Aniz stated that his clan viewed Fa'lina's actions as headmistress of SAIA as a sign of weakness, and Fa'lina formed SAIA after her clan was wiped out.  Therefore, it seems unlikely that Aniz's clan wiped out Fa'lina's.  However, it is possible that Aniz and Fa'lina share a bond because they both belong to clans that were virtually wiped out.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tycoon

Quote from: AndersW on May 18, 2008, 05:54:19 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 18, 2008, 05:35:59 PM

You could also say that Abel has never met Cid.  Edward may have been a real person at one point.

With this line of reasoning, Edward could have died off after Alexsi's birth and Quintinga's death and before "Edward"'s marriage to Destania. Perhaps the real "Edward" died in that interval of time and Aniz donned the shroud with an intent to reform his life.

This leads to the question of, "If this is the case, then was Destania in on it the whole time?" I say yes. Perhaps this was a way of fading into the darkness, a way of trying to smudge out the past.

The whole "captured by dragons" thing is highly suspicious, as well.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tycoon on May 18, 2008, 07:21:52 PM
With this line of reasoning, Edward could have died off after Alexsi's birth and Quintinga's death and before "Edward"'s marriage to Destania. Perhaps the real "Edward" died in that interval of time and Aniz donned the shroud with an intent to reform his life.

Alexsi and Dan (and Aniz for that matter) share the "Ti'Fiona tail".  It's possible (assuming the theory is true) that Aniz just got lucky or was specifically looking for the same species of feline as his base type, but to be honest, I'd prefer to think Alexsi was a failed attempt at making a 'Cubi.
A DNA test would be interesting  >:3

Tycoon

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 18, 2008, 07:28:07 PM
Quote from: Tycoon on May 18, 2008, 07:21:52 PM

Alexsi and Dan (and Aniz for that matter) share the "Ti'Fiona tail".  It's possible (assuming the theory is true) that Aniz just got lucky or was specifically looking for the same species of feline as his base type, but to be honest, I'd prefer to think Alexsi was a failed attempt at making a 'Cubi.
A DNA test would be interesting  >:3

And who'd be able and willing to pin her down to get a blood sample?  >:3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tycoon on May 18, 2008, 07:30:50 PM
And who'd be able and willing to pin her down to get a blood sample?  >:3

Alexi? Nothing less than a dragon. Or four. Unless she has a war hammer hidden in the hyperspace next to the mallet.

AndersW

Quote from: Black_angel on May 18, 2008, 06:32:43 PM

Not to mention, Dan would take more after Destania than just his wings.

Nope.  The child of a Being/Cubi will look like the Being.  For example, Abel looks like May.

AmigaDragon

If he stays (on staff or taking more classes), she can at least keep an eye on him, if not keep him under control. If he leaves (and I think he will), she has no control over him.
I was a little off on my numbers earlier, but it's still the idea that it's about time Aniz shows up again (unless he's been eliminated).

Reinforcing my thoughts on Aniz and Edward, Fa'lina told Abel that Dan is Edward's son, not Aniz's son... ok, now I can't find what I thought I remembered seeing. In #426 Abel presumably knows the relevant facts from Dan's folder. I could have sworn I recalled Fa'lina naming Dan as Edward's son at some point.

With cubi/cubi pairing, which does the offspring get their looks from then, a mix of both like any other?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen