05/05/08 [DMFA #900] - I find it impossible to title threads properly

Started by Naldru, May 05, 2008, 02:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Not quite the usual reaction for happy-go-lucky Dan.  I think he's learning the really ugly facts of life.  I'm a little surprised that Destania wasn't able to better prepare him.

What is this?  I've started two topics recently.  Are all you guys asleep out there?

Edit:
Well, we'd let you start them all, but you seem to have troubles with the titles...
  -- llearch

Edit:
D, don't you like my thread titles? *pout*
  -- llearch
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kuari

I honestly wasn't quite expecting the Amazons to be dead quite yet, but yeesh...  I suppose it'd happen sometime anyways.  I do wonder about the lack of noticeable blood though and why Amazons can't be considered maidens.  I'm aware of their usual culture, however, I was under the impression that the whole "maiden" thing just meant virgin female and not like one be'd able to tell that just by looking...  Gratz or however its spelled seems to have a different idea on the matter...  or at the very least, DP does.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Naldru on May 05, 2008, 02:36:53 PM
Not quite the usual reaction for happy-go-lucky Dan.  I think he's learning the really ugly facts of life.  I'm a little surprised that Destania wasn't able to better prepare him.

What is this?  I've started two topics recently.  Are all you guys asleep out there?

Destania left her old life, so I doubt she'd raise her son as an incubi. There probably are a few readers asleep(time zones and all) plus the strip only been up a short while. Some people lack the 'confidence' to start a new thread, I've only ever started one.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Aw, shame.  Now we'll never get to find out what Pod-puppy's name was.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

I wasn't thinking from the standpoint of training him as a cubi.  However, if she knew that he was going to be an adventurer, I would think that she would have given him pointers on fighting evil.

Self-confidence?  I don't have any self-confidence?  I'm pretty confident of that.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

BarGamer

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 05, 2008, 02:52:59 PM
Aw, shame.  Now we'll never get to find out what Pod-puppy's name was.

Maybe, maybe not. We haven't seen that all three are dead - just, we presume, the one with the red eyes. It's possible they saved the other two until later.

We'll see.

Of course, I expect we've already seen all we're going to see of them, and we'll never know what Miss Evergreen and Pod-Puppy are called. Shanna, on the other hand...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Soooo... Amber's into snuff now!  Way to go Amber!  *thinks*  She must've seen both "Hostel" flicks.   >:]

*Charles looks at the chains and Dan's comments and wonders*  Has DP been getting pointers from Dr. Ink?   :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 05, 2008, 03:09:40 PM
Of course, I expect we've already seen all we're going to see of them, and we'll never know what Miss Evergreen and Pod-Puppy are called. Shanna, on the other hand...

IIRC Shanna was the reptillian and Hannah was the bunny.  If we get another female name we may be able to deduce that it's Pod-Puppy.

Sunblink

Oh hell. The bunny's dead? By dismemberment and decapitation?

I didn't see that coming. That's humongously depressing, especially since I LIKED the bunny. D:

As a note, I find this sort of plot twist very worthy of the 900th comic title. >:3 Congratulations on reaching 900 comics, Amber!

~Keaton the Black Jackal
PS: The wallpaper war got quite a laugh out of me, though. Oh Abel. You and your feather boas.

Ren Gaulen

Hmm... I honestly did not expect something like that to happen in this story. It seemed to be all fun and games... until Dark P decided to make himself a supper, apparently... I wonder if there is a hope that only Hannah was killed - she looked kind of undead already, so maybe she can still be put together. Either way, I'll go hide it the corner for a while. I liked Cuddles...

Seth

Dismemberment? Then what's keeping the body up? And what about her arm there?
If you know what I did... Then kudos to you.

Paul

Bunny girl's been decapitated and dismembered? Oh no! :cry

... though, of course, it does make the 900th strip special...

James StarRunner

Quote from: Seth on May 05, 2008, 04:05:56 PM
Dismemberment? Then what's keeping the body up? And what about her arm there?
With the chains taut like that, it makes it difficult to have the body fall to the floor. You can actually keep a body up like that pretty good with enough support.

As for dismemberment, it could be others in there who are dismembered, or perhaps it was organs such as the heart that were removed. It could also be that Dan was just using a popular phrase or didn't clue in to what dismemberment was.

Lucheek

That body doesn't seem to be dismembered and...

Awwww! D: They're dead.

(And yay- Abel with a boa!)

Snap

Congratulations to breaking the 900 barrier!

WOW, this is indeed quite different from the last time dan used a light switch around there (about 750 strips ago).
Is this really the same dark pegasus? Seems more like Andariel from Diablo 2 now. The switch from cartoony villain to decapitation and dismemberment really seems like a light-dark contrast to me. This will certainly take some time to get adapted to, and im not talking about my retinas.

Heres me hoping its just an shock-cliffhanger and not the real deal.

Psaakyrn

Dismemberment does not only apply to arms...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Ryan_Galen

True, she may be missing the only her legs.

As for the death of the bunny... well we don't know if she's dead since she appeared undead. This could just be an extreme form of torture for undead. Torment of a thousand jars and such. Damaging the head is involved in rekilling an undead, according to their demonology article, so if you take it cleanly off... maybe she's "alive" and just really pissed.

Now as for why he's doing this, my best guess is that he is either A) experimenting on how to have non-freewill undead as a side project or B) teaching his daughter how to properly torture captives while waiting for the maiden he needs to sacrifice.

...what, don't tell me I'm the only person who expects Regina to appear in this story arc as DP's daughter? I mean, if not his daughter, who else do you think has been raising him from the dead so many times?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on May 05, 2008, 06:30:59 PM
As for the death of the bunny... well we don't know if she's dead since she appeared undead. This could just be an extreme form of torture for undead. Torment of a thousand jars and such. Damaging the head is involved in rekilling an undead, according to their demonology article, so if you take it cleanly off... maybe she's "alive" and just really pissed.

Difficult to say.  Whatever it is, Dan didn't stop to help - his immediate reaction was to switch the lights off, presumably to avoid seeing the mess.

QuoteI mean, if not his daughter, who else do you think has been raising him from the dead so many times?
His followers?  He seems to have an entire country as a realm.

Wanderer

Quote from: BarGamer on May 05, 2008, 02:57:13 PM
NOOOOOO! Not the bhunny! *Sob.*
...What they said. ^

Quote from: AmberTrying to make up for the past month or so of complete blah by doing lots of productive fun things.
So long as they ARE fun things for you, go right ahead. Insert standard "don't overstrain yourself trying to be productive, we'll take whatever we get, we all loves you Amber" commentary here.

Hey, I don't need to say it all out to really mean it.

Teroniss

Judging from the hooks in the background, Amber may have meant disembowelment. Those terms can easily be confused at time >.> Or she could just be missing parts we dont see on the screen, like her legs, or left arm.

Brunhidden

i am kinda startled, we barely knew them and theres kinda not much you can do with them anymore

furthermore- theres not much an evil overlord can do with them either, unless he just needs a buttload of blood and organs. overlords almost always keep their prisoners alive so they can USE them
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

*Charline om nom noms the bunny's innards*  Nummy nummy!  Eh?  What's all yer problem?  I'm just making sure nothing goes to waste!   :zombiekun2

*Charles oooos at the wallpaper war*  Will there be any hot girl-girl action goin on?!   :eager  Or it could be a whole male orgy if the other side wins.  Meh.  Well, gotta take what you get, I guess!  I'm flexible.   ;)

*Alondro walks in and catches both comments*  :erk  Aaand I'll just be off now... *trots back out quickly*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

There might have been a hundred maidens in the room, suffering from various combinations of dismemberment, decapitation, disembowelment, evisceration, impalement, vivisection, and other unpleasantries.

Skin tone on the body seemed a little light for the bunny with the red eyes, but we'll find out more as things go on.

Sorry about the titles, but I go into shock when I see I'm the first to respond to an episode and am reduced to a blathering incoherence.  (Or is that my normal state?)

techmaster-glitch

Um...I am...quite saddened by this. Can't say I like today's strip, but if Amber's swinging this way, so be it. However, I have an idea that this, and more specifically, this in regards to a...recent event...might have something to do with it, but this is just unfounded speculation. Please don't take too seriously, I'm not jumping to conclusions. I don't want to have Amber come and dismember me too :<

Gamma

Glitch, your thinking too much into it.
While those certainly are possibilities and possible influences in what was to shock us, its more likely she just wanted to do something special for the 900th strip. What better way for it to be memorable then to, for sure, kill off in a horrible way the amazon we all loved so much.
Besides in the header for todays page she says its the "Darkest Sketch!". This would imply she only did it for shock value. Least thats how I see it.

We shall miss the bunny girl with the wondrous eyes!

Now if DP really wants to have fun with his victims theres always: dissection while alive, Columbian neckties, nail pulling, eye gouging, needles in eyes, small cuts across the body, burning, heat boxes, hair ripping, bone breaking, the rack, skinning while alive, extreme acid/base exposure/ingestion, and all sorts of little critters and big ones to have fun with them. :)
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Gamma on May 05, 2008, 08:22:21 PM
Glitch, your thinking too much into it.
Yeah, I do have a tendancy to do that, which is why I said, "don't take it seriously".

llearch n'n'daCorna

Madmann135

I liked the bunny girl with the crazy eyes.
She had that eerie yet calming effect... shame Dark Pegasis and his goons went that far.  I wanted to see more of her lovely deminer.

*picks up his combat gear, rockets off into battle*

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on May 05, 2008, 09:04:44 PM
I liked the bunny girl with the crazy eyes.
She had that eerie yet calming effect... shame Dark Pegasis and his goons went that far.  I wanted to see more of her lovely deminer.

She pulls people out of mines? Where did it say that?

... oh, did you mean demeanour? Ah, now it makes sense...