30/04/08 [DMFA #898] - Good point

Started by Naldru, April 30, 2008, 05:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Dan is making a rational argument?  This seems unusual.

I am not thinking clearly at this moment.  Could a gentle moderator please correct the date resulting from my latest attempt at hitting the side of a barn from the inside with a shotgun and missing.

Edit:
You're welcome.
  -- llearch
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Aisha deCabre

Dan is still strange in that he looks ahead to telling the story and avoids the annoying plot points.  I'd have listened to her and left it out if need be. xP

But anyway, it's nice to see things get up and rolling, and for miss Amber to start feeling better.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

No nested flashbacks?   :mowsad

But yes, good to see the strip return...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aww.

I wanna see recursive flashbacks. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

I think Dannie was simply getting annoyed by Aliyka at that point - first she "klunk's" him on the head, then accuses him of working for Dark P, and after that prepares to tell him of her troubles, when he has his hands full already. I wonder why no guards tried to jump them while Aliyka was talking..
Also, Aliyka looks like she is going to eviscerate someone in the first panel. Neat. >:] And for some reason I really like Dan's expression in the second.

Sunblink

Am I the only one who thinks Aliyka looks fairly badass in the first panel? I didn't think she had that in her. XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

She's telling the story. Of course she's going to tell it with her being badass. ;-]

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2008, 06:38:17 PM
She's telling the story. Of course she's going to tell it with her being badass. ;-]

Just another reason for Dan to skip her story - there can be only one badass character in his flashback, and that has to be him! Well, actually, the villains have a right to be badass too, so that the heroic deeds of the protagonist would seem even more heroic, and we already have seen one badass villain.

Alondro

Only a true dunce actually thinks of the problems multiple flashbacks would cause in re-telling!

A genius can handle it!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on April 30, 2008, 06:56:06 PM
Only a true dunce actually thinks of the problems multiple flashbacks would cause in re-telling!

A genius can handle it!   :3

Once again - why would Dan want to retell someone else's flashback, if it is pretty much irrelevant to his own story. He would not want anyone else stealing his "screen time", now, would he? >:3

Zedd

Well if we are all ready..Lets see how DP looks back then

Darkdragon

Dan could have, in retelling, left out Aliyka's story and not mention it or he did hear Aliyka's story and changed it so that he would be exempt from retelling it.

Slowtini

Quote from: Darkdragon on April 30, 2008, 09:36:53 PM
Dan could have, in retelling, left out Aliyka's story and not mention it or he did hear Aliyka's story and changed it so that he would be exempt from retelling it.

But that would require thinking on Dan's part...

Darkdragon

Quote from: Slowtini on April 30, 2008, 10:56:08 PM
Quote from: Darkdragon on April 30, 2008, 09:36:53 PM

But that would require thinking on Dan's part...
You're right. I give too much credit to Dan.

Aleolus

Heh.  And here I was looking forward to seeing more guards get headclunked!  Ah well, all in good time, I suppose.

e_voyager

i have yet to9 see it as the images won't load form the sight for me but i'm looking forward to seeing it soon perhaps tomorrow when i get home
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AmigaDragon

Right now I'm having a hard time getting the site to load, and especially the strip's image. Comments on the content possibly after I get to see it...
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

Quote from: Aleolus on April 30, 2008, 11:56:12 PM
Heh.  And here I was looking forward to seeing more guards get headclunked!  Ah well, all in good time, I suppose.
How about Dan and Alikya in a xylophone duet headclunking guards.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on May 01, 2008, 06:36:46 AM
How about Dan and Alikya in a xylophone duet headclunking guards.

"Marvin Suggs and his Amazing Muppephone!"

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  A villain might want to hear everything so he could then pretend to be good in the future and thus say to those who wish to know the flashbacks:  Oh, it's much too confusing to recite!  Say!  Why don't you open your mind to me and I'll directly download the info into your mind psychically!

And then it'd take control of their minds.   >:3

*Charline erfs!*  That's too villainous for Charles!  Something's amiss...  :erk

*Charles*   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Ren Gaulen

But he'll need to gain their trust first! No one would let someone they does not trust "download" anything into their minds. Unless they are really stupid/gullible/self-confident.
OK, many so-called "heroes" can be described by those words. But still, this tactic does not seem to be very effective to me.

GabrielsThoughts

I believe this joke was done before...but I'd have to read through the archives again to find it.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alondro

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 01, 2008, 09:45:36 AM
OK, many so-called "heroes" can be described by those words. But still, this tactic does not seem to be very effective to me.

Well, you'd need to have a mind to take over first.   :giggle

Never give me such an opening to exploit!   :mwaha

Ren Gaulen

Don't forget that when you are trying to take over someone's mind, you can end up with your own mind taken over by someone... >:3

Ry

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 01, 2008, 11:03:39 AM
I believe this joke was done before...but I'd have to read through the archives again to find it.
The closest thing I can remember was the one where Mab and Dan were trying to find her a new home and they brushed on why she left fae and ended with "Good thing we're friends and I know all about that, otherwise we'd have to do a flashback".

Slowtini

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 01, 2008, 02:33:24 PM
Don't forget that when you are trying to take over someone's mind, you can end up with your own mind taken over by someone... >:3

That's why you wear tinfoil helmets whenever you attempt to take over someone's mind...
Always use protection, Ren.

Technoire

117 - During the time Dan hasn't seen Aliyka, she bought herself the Phoenix patch from Digo Market. Dan is surprised by this, indicating that she was not Phoenix last time he saw her.
896 - Gak?!

On purpose, or accidental plot hole?

-Cue Jeopardy theme-

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Slowtini on May 02, 2008, 12:41:13 AM
That's why you wear tinfoil helmets whenever you attempt to take over someone's mind...
Always use protection, Ren.

Please... Who ever decided that tinfoil can protect against mind control powers of a powerful psychic? Believe me - in such situation a tinfoil helmet does nothing. Then again, if you wear a tinfoil helmet for real, many psychics will think twice before even looking into your thoughts. This thing may serve as a protection just like a NASCAR fan cap. Of course, a tinfoil helmet will be less potent...
And if you are looking for something that can really protect your mind from tempering with by psychics, get a helmet like that Magneto used to wear. Or be a powerful psychic yourself. Or belong to the race of Taalo.