04/13/08 [Abel 2 #13] - Yeah, that's not a happy face

Started by PurpleCheeseLlama, April 13, 2008, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCheeseLlama

Since there isn't a topic on today's strip yet, I thought I'd better start it >->

But, ah, yeah...the last panel has got to be the best facial expression he's made so far XD

Slacker Spice

That isn't a problem, is it?

Judging by his expression, it is. But considering all that happened, he had it coming.

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Ren Gaulen

Aniz should have seen it coming. Well, at least the world seems to be safe from him for at least next fifty or so years. :3
Also, hurray for the return of Majin Buu! I was starting to miss him.

PurpleCheeseLlama

What I wonder is what's so important about Aniz getting his children into SAIA. Is he trying to build up his clan again, or is it a status thing...*shrugs*

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd say it means he doesn't need to look after them any more.

So he gets to run off and make another mess while someone else cleans up this one. Fa'Lina has just rubbed his nose in this mess, and smacked his bottom with a rolled up newspaper, so he might learn.

Or he might not. We'll see, I guess.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

demecowen

Here I thought it going to be another punch in the face, but this is much better.
Good 70+ years would hopefully give Abel the time to recover and the strength to handle Aniz next time.

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama What I wonder is what's so important about Aniz getting his children into SAIA. Is he trying to build up his clan again, or is it a status thing...*shrugs*

Aniz doesn't not look like the kind guy that care about rebuliding his clan, it more about status. I mean normal parents get a sense of pride and more respect when their kids become the star sport heros or enter the Ivy League.

Imagine if Aniz can get dozens or so kids to graduate from SAIA; assuming the kids don't hate him Aniz would have squadron of powerful Cubis at this beck and call. That would give him a lot of power to do whatever want and not get punch in the face so much. 

MT Hazard

I'm just wondering what's with the powered down holodeck background behind Fa'lina.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 13, 2008, 01:05:17 PM
I'm just wondering what's with the powered down holodeck background behind Fa'lina.
I thought something looked strange...what's going on? :paranoid

Aisha deCabre

HA!  Aniz's face makes me laugh every time I see it.  You had it all coming, you sunnova-something.   >:3

And hm, holodeck...I thought that was a window?
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Paul

I wonder if Aniz has other children already, or merely intend to have more. Or intended - it doesn't look like he fancies the idea of caring for his own offspring.  

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 13, 2008, 01:05:17 PMI'm just wondering what's with the powered down holodeck background behind Fa'lina.
Looks like a window - and it's dark outside.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on April 13, 2008, 12:16:02 PM
What I wonder is what's so important about Aniz getting his children into SAIA. Is he trying to build up his clan again, or is it a status thing...*shrugs*

I'm guessing it's a "I've got three more in the oven and you're telling me I have to put up with 'em for HOW long?!" kind of expression. Methinks the current personality is that if you have a cubi, they go to SAIA or else, so... sounds like Fa'lina's putting an end to his boinkery for a while. ;)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2008, 01:40:02 PM
http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_013.php panel 3.

Ahhh.... it reminded me of cyberspace in the System Shock series.  I'm kind of curious about the sewing-set in pane 3, though.

In any case, we get to see if Aniz can keep his mouth shut, or yell at Fa'Lina and be hit again.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

DarkAudit

Please do something stupid, Aniz. Ohplease ohplease ohplease.  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Ren Gaulen

I doubt Aniz will say anything at this point, if he knows what's good for him. There is no way he can be stupid enough to object or argue with Fa'Lina now.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2008, 02:08:23 PM
I'm kind of curious about the sewing-set in pane 3, though.

That's a nail care set. She's doing up her nails.

AmigaDragon

If Aniz does indeed have more already coming, I suppose this means he'll have to take on a private teaching role (home schooling) until such time as Falina allows him to enrole them in SAIA.

Aniz doing/saying something punch-deservingly stupid? Naw, he wouldn't do something like that, would he? 
:explosion :mob

BTW, any idea what it's like for cubi that don't enroll (or enroll late) in SAIA?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Alondro

I get the feeling Aniz had lots of children all lined up already...

He must be a polygamist!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: demecowen on April 13, 2008, 12:57:09 PM
Here I thought it going to be another punch in the face, but this is much better.
Good 70+ years would hopefully give Abel the time to recover and the strength to handle Aniz next time.

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama What I wonder is what's so important about Aniz getting his children into SAIA. Is he trying to build up his clan again, or is it a status thing...*shrugs*

Aniz doesn't not look like the kind guy that care about rebuliding his clan, it more about status. I mean normal parents get a sense of pride and more respect when their kids become the star sport heros or enter the Ivy League.

Imagine if Aniz can get dozens or so kids to graduate from SAIA; assuming the kids don't hate him Aniz would have squadron of powerful Cubis at this beck and call. That would give him a lot of power to do whatever want and not get punch in the face so much. 

That made me lol :-D

Back to the point...wouldn't all of the kids hate him though? Granted, he might not mess things up as badly as with Abel in future...so unless he can be a decent dad in the future, that plan is out the window :-P

Darkdragon

I'm getting the mild vibe that Aniz does not know Fa'lina that well. Furthermore, I will go so far and suggest that Aniz might not have gone to SAIA, and that could explain his urgency to enroll a whole bunch of students.

Fresnor

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 13, 2008, 01:09:26 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on April 13, 2008, 01:05:17 PM
I thought something looked strange...what's going on? :paranoid

You know, I thought that too.. especially considering you can't see anything out there.  Usually you'd see vague outlines of something.  Maybe it's a window into Amber's soul.   :mowtongue

Saist

Seem's Aniz has been caught with his pants down....

computer nerd

Cogidubnus

I'm uncertain as to why this is a terrible punishment.

On the one hand, Aniz is a bastard, and from that angle, could care less whether or not his spawn get to go to Cubi school - he can continue upon his merry way.

On the other hand - he has shown a degree of twisted concern for Abel. I do not think it farfetched, and indeed I think it has been said before, that Aniz is only a bastard to beings. His regret over Hennya's death, his caring about Abel, and his utter distaste for May being the indicative factors here. From this point of view, it would be a good punishment, as it really does hurt those whom he cares about.
However, this doesn't' seem like a good punishment - the only ones it really hurts are Aniz's future children, by holding them back by about seventy years (assuming Aniz goes and gets busy right then). Moreso, I can't really see Aniz shedding any tears over something like that, anyway, twisted concern or no.

I'm hoping the next comic will elaborate, as I'm still wondering what, exactly, is so terrible about Fa'Lina's pronouncement here.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on April 13, 2008, 02:03:51 PM
Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on April 13, 2008, 12:16:02 PM

I'm guessing it's a "I've got three more in the oven and you're telling me I have to put up with 'em for HOW long?!" kind of expression. Methinks the current personality is that if you have a cubi, they go to SAIA or else, so... sounds like Fa'lina's putting an end to his boinkery for a while. ;)

my thoughts exactly jig- he wouldn't be that irked unless theres some reason he fears not being able to send kids to boarding school.

true, as an adventurer he probably has lots of opportunity to sneak behind the wifes back. and as a cubi he can be any number of people, even if the people he impersonates are still alive so he does not have to permanently live with the uterus in question, only on occasional nights of fun.

i can imagine his thought process where he now has to find a way to keep track of the five or so children in production, toddling around, or scant months away from the teenage angst of learning your pants/chest aren't the only place new things are popping from. and after keeping track of them, somehow make them believe this person who is not their dad is their father, not to go on a freakout, and somehow hide it from mom that you will never age past about twenty two for the next sixty years.

all that, plus i bet cubi kids are able to throw temper tantrums that even beat when eowyn found my wifes sword and demanded a second haloween
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: computer nerd on April 13, 2008, 04:25:30 PM
I wonder what Abel would say if he was their  :3

Probably do a Dan and have a minor breakdown when he realises how old he'll live to be after Fa'lina mentions he'll turn a hundred at some point.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 13, 2008, 04:53:33 PM
all that, plus i bet cubi kids are able to throw temper tantrums that even beat when eowyn found my wifes sword and demanded a second haloween
ouch xD

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on April 13, 2008, 02:25:16 PM
That's a nail care set. She's doing up her nails.
<nod> Weapons maintenance. Got to make sure Aniz didn't scuff her claw-polish with the splinters of his jaw.

Can anyone else hear the fangs in the tone of voice in Fa'lina's last comment?   >:3
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.