04/11/08 [DMFA #893] - The line has been drawn.

Started by AndersW, April 11, 2008, 09:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Dan looks so good with a flower in his hair.  :mowhappy

techmaster-glitch

Holy dang, you can see Dan's evil shadown in the background in Panel 2...

Caswin

Yeah, at first I thought that was a Pip-head, until I remembered his 'cubi abilities hadn't appeared yet.

Heh, uneven/woozy face, always gets me...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Ren Gaulen

Strangely enough Dannie looks less girly right now than he was before. And if you remove the flower and change the colour of the new robe to something like dark-blue, he would not look girly at all. It must be the angry expression on his face. Also, I like that "Shadow Dan" in the second panel. He looks almost like he's saying "It's hurting time". >:]
One question, though: how hard do you have to "klunk" someone on the head to instantly knock them out? Dan's got da power! >:D

Jack McSlay

It seems dan got lucky. now he just needs to grab the key while she's down
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. My personal choice would be to grab the head and bring it back in contact with the bars, but simply hitting it works, too. *grin*

And I'm not sure that's a flower. I think that's his hair tied up with a ribbon or something, but I will admit it's a poor angle to viewing, so it could be a flower.

Looks good on him, though. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

But pink is such a nice color for him. *snerks*

I also look forward to seeing some gettin'-serious Dan. We haven't really seen him do much heroic stuff since that last Dark Pegasus arc...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 11, 2008, 09:51:51 AM
I also look forward to seeing some gettin'-serious Dan. We haven't really seen him do much heroic stuff since that last Dark Pegasus arc...
Seconded.

I'm assuming that the pink phoenix or griffin type has actually left by the time Dan does this...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

But pink is such a nice color for him. *snerks*

It's not pink! It's a very light shade of purple! At least I want to think it's not pink...

But it looks nice anyway. :sweatdrop

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 11, 2008, 09:45:27 AM
Heh. My personal choice would be to grab the head and bring it back in contact with the bars, but simply hitting it works, too. *grin*

My personal choice would involve snapped necks... :paranoid But I somehow doubt that Dan would have it in him to snap someone's neck.

Seconded, part two. It is really nice to see that Dannie is finally taking some steps toward getting out of his current predicament.

*bloodthirsty*And while he is at it, he should find that pink... thing and "klunk" her on the head too. >:]*/bloodthirsty*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 11, 2008, 10:20:13 AM
My personal choice would involve snapped necks... :paranoid But I somehow doubt that Dan would have it in him to snap someone's neck.

Since then, Dan spent years as an adventurer, i.e. he went around killing things for a living.  This is also what he'd just graduated in doing when he got the robe, so I doubt he's that squeamish.
However, I breaking someone's neck is probably not considered terribly good form in a PG comic...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2008, 10:28:48 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 11, 2008, 10:20:13 AM

Since then, Dan spent years as an adventurer, i.e. he went around killing things for a living.  This is also what he'd just graduated in doing when he got the robe, so I doubt he's that squeamish.
However, I breaking someone's neck is probably not considered terribly good form in a PG comic...

I never said that I expected (or wanted) to see Dan actually kill someone (I really didn't, I swear! :3). And as for older Dan not being squeamish, I want to point out that there is a big difference between killing one's opponent in battle, like adventurers usually do, and killing someone in cold blood. I still think that Dan would not have it in him to snap guard's neck to get out of a prison cell, even though he can kill an opponent in a sword fight.

Madmann135

why does this page look so... familar

... I wonder if they found any more weapons.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

Now this is where Dan reveals overwhelming power OF RAGE!!!   >:O
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on April 11, 2008, 11:10:54 AM
Now this is where Dan reveals overwhelming power OF RAGE!!!   >:O

No! Permission not granted! Activation of Da Powah is not approved!

e_voyager

the Cromwell initiative has not been granted so Dan will have to fight on his own but if there's one thing he has going for him its that his bad luck is followed by good luck almost immediately.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Paul

Warrior or maiden, Dan looks good in that outfit.

But how did the pink girl manage to dress him up without getting klunked?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paul on April 11, 2008, 11:56:20 AM
But how did the pink girl manage to dress him up without getting klunked?
Because Graz had already clunked him first, I think.  Presumably he's just recovered.

demecowen

So Dan does have a limit of BS he can take before he unleash the rage.

Though his new robe does look like an upgraded version of the red one. Wonder if it has any magic ability it might since it going to use as the wearer scarifice.

AmigaDragon

If this robe does have some enchantment on it, maybe it's powerless against a guy. But more likely it's just an ordinary robe. Unless it gets ruined in the coming battle, Dan should keep it, even if he never wears it again (spoils of the adventure, surely Adventuring School taught him that part).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Zedd

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Zedd on April 11, 2008, 01:35:54 PM
I say the outfit looks marvelous

Well, I'd say this outfit looks fabulous.

I cannot believe I've just said that. :redrum

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, I knew you were hiding something from us, Ren. ;-]

Valynth

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 11, 2008, 12:36:54 PM
If this robe does have some enchantment on it, maybe it's powerless against a guy. But more likely it's just an ordinary robe. Unless it gets ruined in the coming battle, Dan should keep it, even if he never wears it again (spoils of the adventure, surely Adventuring School taught him that part).

"It's for training! I swear!"
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Aleolus

Can I get a link to that comic again, plz?  I love the look on Mab's face!

I wonder if they gave him high-heels as well?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kuari

Good think Dan isn't Merlitz...  or all we'd see next is the entire place in flames

PurpleCheeseLlama

So...if he still has his magical protective robe on underneath, will that help when it comes to sacrificing him? That is if the sacrifice is magical of course...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 11, 2008, 03:49:18 PM
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_418.php <-- that one?
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_602.php <-- or that one?

You know what would absolutely rock, llearch?  A search engine which uses your radio transcripts and returns the strip number and a link to the page in the DMFA archive for each matching strip.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah. I believe someone wrote something like that, but didn't want to tie the ends together.

Shall I add it to my list of things to do? :-/