04/09/08 [DMFA #892] - Boom, Headshot

Started by Kuari, April 09, 2008, 06:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuari

Oooooof...  apparently Dan's robe doesn't protect being blasted in the face :p
More importantly, Dan should have just shut his mouth and ran or something.

Even scarier is that he didn't even seem to try...  just how strong of a caster is he? 0.o

Tapewolf

I'm assuming that's a distraction technique.  Still, I do wonder whether they would have noticed if Dan had just tried to slip off.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Yeah, Dan. Graet jorb escaping there. I wonder what did Graz cast? Another "zappity" spell, or something slightly explosive? :B

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2008, 06:26:01 AM
I'm assuming that's a distraction technique.  Still, I do wonder whether they would have noticed if Dan had just tried to slip off.

I think if Dannie just tried to walk away Graz would have eventually shot him in the back to stop him. Still talking to his companion. Because he is badass like that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 09, 2008, 06:29:35 AM
Yeah, Dan. Graet jorb escaping there. I wonder what did Graz cast? Another "zappity" spell, or something slightly explosive? :B
Stun, I'd imagine.  If it was explosive he'd be dead, which means that DP wouldn't be able to sacrifice him and he wouldn't be able to tell the story.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2008, 06:34:49 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 09, 2008, 06:29:35 AM
Stun, I'd imagine.  If it was explosive he'd be dead, which means that DP wouldn't be able to sacrifice him and he wouldn't be able to tell the story.

I said "slightly explosive". I sure did not mean that Graz "fireball'ed" Dan in the face. Just a spell that creates a shockwave in the air. This way it would work like a strong punch to the face. I just thought about some kind of an "air blast" spell because of Kass' line about "blasting it in the face".

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 09, 2008, 06:40:50 AM
I said "slightly explosive". I sure did not mean that Graz "fireball'ed" Dan in the face. Just a spell that creates a shockwave in the air. This way it would work like a strong punch to the face. I just thought about some kind of an "air blast" spell because of Kass' line about "blasting it in the face".
If they break his nose or something the sacrifice won't be pure  :U

I'm kind of curious about the Watership Down thing - is that because Amber is still a bit sick or because it's heinously depressing?

Fragmaster01

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2008, 06:48:19 AM
I'm kind of curious about the Watership Down thing - is that because Amber is still a bit sick or because it's heinously depressing?
It's because those rabbits are evil. EBIL I SAY!

kaskar

8) When you think about it, Dan may have stupidly done something smart. They are looking for a 'maiden', and a live one at that. Too bad that they had to lower Dan's self-esteem, but I think that he may be ''safe'' until he is delivered to Dark Pegasus', probably as a ritual offering. He has bought time, and unlike the Amazons, he is alive for the moment ...

8)  (  I wonder how much more weaponry Dan may have hidden under his robe. Only one sword is never enough ...  )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

Quote from: kaskar on April 09, 2008, 07:27:22 AM
He has bought time, and unlike the Amazons, he is alive for the moment ...
Actually they've probably been laid out by the same spell Dan just caught.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: kaskar on April 09, 2008, 07:27:22 AM
   8) When you think about it, Dan may have stupidly done something smart. They are looking for a 'maiden', and a live one at that. Too bad that they had to lower Dan's self-esteem, but I think that he may be ''safe'' until he is delivered to Dark Pegasus', probably as a ritual offering. He has bought time, and unlike the Amazons, he is alive for the moment ...

What ever made you think that the amazons are dead? They must be simply knocked out like Dannie himself right now. And Graz and Kass nominated him as a maiden on their own. Dannie did nothing to help the matters.

EDIT:
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2008, 07:35:42 AM
Actually they've probably been laid out by the same spell Dan just caught.
Tape has beaten me to a punch.. :3

kaskar

8) There is a wide berth between ''maidenly'' and Amazonian characteristics ... 

llearch n'n'daCorna

My question is this: Is Graz missing his middle finger, or is he just holding it in an odd way?

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

(also: Which three minutes, Amber?)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakala

I like how they're still trying to figure out what determines a "maiden".  :grin

stiletto

I wonder what Kass is smiling so much about in the middle panel...

It's nice to see that Graz is not a complete pansy in this world. Sorry Dan, but I love my lawyer too much  :boogie

And I've never seen the animated Watership Down. Good book, but the DVDs seem to be rare and thus expensive.

Alondro

*Dan has been blasted!  Barely clinging to life... he must survive!  The instincts kick in... the Cubi traits burst forth for just a moment!  POWER OVERWHELMING!!!   :U *

Next thing Dan knows, he's standing in the center of a smoking crater with no memory of the massive power-up.

Yup, that's how it'll happen. 

Dan = Gohon.  DBZ.    :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on April 09, 2008, 02:04:58 PM
*Dan has been blasted!  Barely clinging to life... he must survive!  The instincts kick in... the Cubi traits burst forth for just a moment!  POWER OVERWHELMING!!!   :U *

Next thing Dan knows, he's standing in the center of a smoking crater with no memory of the massive power-up.

Yup, that's how it'll happen. 

Dan = Gohon.  DBZ.    :B

Al, it is only a flashback! Flashbacks don't work like that, you said it yourself before! D: And cubi powers don't work like that either - one needs to know particular spells to do something like that (I mean the crater part).

However, we can still dream.. >:3

Angel

Hee hee hee hee... Dan's an it.

And why didn't he run? Does being mistaken for a girl really bother him that much? (Right after this little incident is probably when he starts to tie his hair back...)

Last but not least, why didn't Graz just knock Dan out and head to DP then and there? Oh, wait... comedic purposes. Right. (And thus overanalyzers come one step closer to dying out.)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Lucheek

I bet Amber's reffering to the fact that the animated Water Ship down movie is horrible.

It barely follows the book, and well....apparently rabbits can teleport and slash up other rabbits without actually moving a paw.

MT Hazard

I'm sure Dan's thick skull will serve him well again.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Zedd

M

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2008, 06:48:19 AMI'm kind of curious about the Watership Down thing - is that because Amber is still a bit sick or because it's heinously depressing?

Oh lordy, have you ever tried to read/watch The Plague Dogs? It's by the same author as Watership Down, and my goodness if it isn't just as depressing.

On the subject of the comic: Poor Danny just can't get a break ever. Getting "shot" in the face certainly doesn't help. XD

Kuari

Though the ultimate question is this...  is Dan on the ground, writhing in pain, or was he blasted off panel.

e_voyager

hard to tell but then Dan is pretty tough he'd have to be to survive his family this long.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kuari on April 09, 2008, 10:11:56 PM
Though the ultimate question is this...  is Dan on the ground, writhing in pain, or was he blasted off panel.

I think Dannie is on the ground, knocked out. If Graz used a strong enough spell to throw Dan several meters away, then Dan's face would look rather unpleasant at that moment. Not to mention that he would be very, very dead. Then again, DMFA is a comedy, so he might have been thrown against the wall without excessive bodily harm.

Alondro

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 09, 2008, 02:44:03 PM
Al, it is only a flashback! Flashbacks don't work like that, you said it yourself before! D: And cubi powers don't work like that either - one needs to know particular spells to do something like that (I mean the crater part).

Flashbacks can reveal tremendous powers just as long as the character forgets everything until it becomes plot-convenient! 

There was this other anime, a god of destruction who battled part of himself and became human and forgot what he was... that flashback had lots of super-poweredness!  Can't remember the name. I'll have to search Animecrazy's archive to find it.  :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on April 10, 2008, 09:21:50 AM
Flashbacks can reveal tremendous powers just as long as the character forgets everything until it becomes plot-convenient! 

There was this other anime, a god of destruction who battled part of himself and became human and forgot what he was... that flashback had lots of super-poweredness!  Can't remember the name. I'll have to search Animecrazy's archive to find it.  :P

One still needs the power to perform some feat of mass-destruction. Unless Dan has inherited some sort of an Ultimate Cubi Hax Power from some ancient ancestor of his, he would not be able to do what you are talking about. And we don't even know if such Ultimate Cubi Hax Power exists! :P

It probably does not.

kaskar

8)  I wonder what other embaressing things can happen to Dan in this part of the flashback ?

Jim Halisstrad

I dunno if it can get any worse.  I mean, here we have Dan dressed up as a girl (again), getting face full of energy...
Then later on Dan will strip tease in front of death knights, participate in bondage and body modification with Wildy....
Attempt to.... Clean.... himself as human.

Holy crap.
Dan's not an Adventurer.  He's part of a profession much older then that.

Mab..... did YOU write those three infamous 'fan' fics?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on April 11, 2008, 12:11:36 AM
Dan's not an Adventurer.  He's part of a profession much older then that.

Do you mean comedian, or pro... pro... professional?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

NDDR

what i wanna know i where i can get me some 3 d glasses like those ones the head shot dudes wearing.

and its Gohan not Gohon either that or you got a typo episode which i dont think exists as i just finished watching the Dragonball/z/gt series n films due to it bein one of the few series america didnt mess up will bad dubbing and awful voices.

Dan would be more like Trunks then Gohan/Goku/Goten/Vegeta due to the sword thing.

wonder if that shot to the head had some form of poisen as it looked a bit weird/green.