04/07/08 [Abel 2 #12] - Nothing you can't handle

Started by AndersW, April 06, 2008, 11:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Aniz is so in for it now.

I wonder about the first panel.  When Aniz says "The wings.  The eyes. He looks just like them!"  What does he mean by that?

Daymond42

*sniff sniff*

I smell another punch coming. :D

Woo! 2nd post!

Jack McSlay

fa'lina statement on the 3rd panel seems kinda intriguing.

The way she speaks looks like Abel is not his only son.
Or maybe I'm just overspeculating
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Rafe

I guess we'll find out who "them" is ...eventually.
And "...all your children..."?  makes you wonder a bit, too.
Rafe

WhiteFire

Quote from: AndersW on April 06, 2008, 11:24:24 PM
I wonder about the first panel.  When Aniz says "The wings.  The eyes. He looks just like them!"  What does he mean by that?

Yeah, it makes it sound like Able was bread for a specific purpose and look... I guess we just have to wait to find out who this "them" is.

Caswin

Aniz... isn't a very fast learner, it seems.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Rafe

Quote from: WhiteFire on April 06, 2008, 11:41:24 PM
Yeah, it makes it sound like Able was bread for a specific purpose...

Sorry.  Can't resist a using-the-wrong-homophone joke.
Rafe

Sirius Griffon

I think what disturbs me most is when Aniz mentions 'This time'... does that mean he has every intention of doing soemthing like this again? Thats just a disturbing thought altogether. And yeah... the whole comment about color and eyes is off-setting as well! It really makes one wonder. Seems I get new questions in my mind with every update!

!KCA

"Nothing you can't handle?"

By the four cubi gods, she's going to kill him.

. . .Or worse.

Jim Halisstrad

RAFE, you made my brain go HURGURRRK!

Well played.

Darkdragon

Not exactly a very good thing to say at that moment Aniz... at least if you want to leave without (at least) a(nother) visit to Dr. Ink.

Eibborn

"... SO I'LL JUST DUMP THIS MESS IN YOUR LAP AND GO BACK TO WHATEVER IT IS I DO."

Oh lawd oh lawd.
/kicks the internet over

Zedd

techmaster-glitch

I think the "Aniz is Devin's Dad" theory is about to make a comeback...

And Aniz just reeealy loves being his own gravedigger, doesn't he?

!KCA

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 07, 2008, 01:07:09 AM
I think the "Aniz is Devin's Dad" theory is about to make a comeback...

Did it ever really go away?

celelorien

yep, definitely time for FALINA-PAUUNCH! the third.  >:3  stupid Aniz.  though that "just like them!" comment has me intrigued as well.  who do we know that has spots, or possibly the half-n-half wings? :d

Ren Gaulen

Ugh... I wanted to comment on how it seems that Aniz has some other children, but it was already mentioned and I don't have anything useful to add at this point. :animesweat But I want to say I like his smile in the last panel. The only thing that panel lacks is Fa'Lina's fist approaching his jaw. >:3 Then again, he might be getting away without any more beating. Fa'Lina seems to have released enough frustration and calmed down now.

Pagan

God, everytime I read that first panel, "them" seems more and more important. That's gonna bug me.
And what was Aniz trying to do with an "ideal method"?
Why, why, dear god, is Aniz losing intelligence with each passing page? I want to love to hate him, I want him to be a truly magnificent bastard, but he just... inspires a mixture of embarrassment and disgust in me now.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

VioletDusk

I know someone who won't be getting father of the year...for the twelve or thirteenth time. ;)

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on April 07, 2008, 02:03:40 AM
Why, why, dear god, is Aniz losing intelligence with each passing page? I want to love to hate him, I want him to be a truly magnificent bastard, but he just... inspires a mixture of embarrassment and disgust in me now.

Oh, there is a very good reason for that! Have you forgotten that Fa'Lina punched Aniz in the face - twice? His brain must have malfunctioned! :3 But seriously, Aniz should have shown some respect to Fa'Lina. Even if he does not feel guilty about doing what he did to Abel, he still could have at least pretended. Then again, Fa'Lina would see through that. But still this is no situation where you can act like a jerk, Aniz. You are lucky to live in such a civilized society, or you would have been reduced to a red stain on the floor by now...

VioletDusk

QuoteOh, there is a very good reason for that! Have you forgotten that Fa'Lina punched Aniz in the face - twice? His brain must have malfunctioned!  But seriously, Aniz should have shown some respect to Fa'Lina. Even if he does not feel guilty about doing what he did to Abel, he still could have at least pretended. Then again, Fa'Lina would see through that. But still this is no situation where you can act like a jerk, Aniz. You are lucky to live in such a civilized society, or you would have been reduced to a red stain on the floor by now...

Oh...most likely that's in his immediate future. Guys like Aniz nearly always wind up as somebody's dry cleaning problem in the end.

Kayriel

Although personally, I could totally go for another nice tall Fa'Lina Punch right now. To Aniz, on the house.

And wouldn't this give some kind of credence to the "Aniz = Edward" theory? Perhaps Dan is what he was going for?
<3 Abel

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Violet Dusk on April 07, 2008, 02:18:29 AM
Oh...most likely that's in his immediate future. Guys like Aniz nearly always wind up as somebody's dry cleaning problem in the end.

"Now, look at what you have done, Aniz! You have stained my favourite carpet.. No, not stained - you've ruined it!! Do you have as lightest idea how hard it is to get blood and brains out of a carpet? And stop bleeding on the floor, you're making a mess..."

Quote from: Kayriel on April 07, 2008, 02:22:37 AM
And wouldn't this give some kind of credence to the "Aniz = Edward" theory? Perhaps Dan is what he was going for?

Now all we need is to find out what is that Aniz was going for, then! :B

AmigaDragon

In that last panel, Aniz is looking too smug or pleased with himself to escape a further immediate beating by Ms. Falina. I agree that her "all your children" comment indicates that Abel has numerous siblings already in SAIA (whether they're all still there or not. Could this be one of those "shattered shells" of Aniz's children that Falina refers to, or is that just a result of Abel himself?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 07, 2008, 02:42:17 AM
In that last panel, Aniz is looking too smug or pleased with himself to escape a further immediate beating by Ms. Falina. I agree that her "all your children" comment indicates that Abel has numerous siblings already in SAIA (whether they're all still there or not. Could this be one of those "shattered shells" of Aniz's children that Falina refers to, or is that just a result of Abel himself?

Nah, that's obviously one of Abel's victims.

Tarynsgate

So now theres a high probability that Abel has a handful of half-siblings running around SAIA. Edit : Okay, its been disproven already XD

I would say I'm not too surprised that Aniz is doing this, because he might just be trying to repopulate his clan (mentioned many times : almost non-existant) but having Abel just for his looks....ebil!

About the Aniz is Devin's dad thing, I seriously doubt it, because while Devin is a splitting image of his mother, you think he'd have to be at LEAST born with wings to signify that's he's a cubi? half breed or not.

Et Manu Et Corde - With hand and with heart

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on April 06, 2008, 11:24:24 PM

The wings business has surely got to be tied in with the fact that Aniz and Abel have a completely different wing design.

Quote from: Violet Dusk on April 07, 2008, 02:18:29 AM
Yes, having someone else he knows die would really help Abel recover...

**EDIT**
Hit 'post' instead of 'preview'

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 07, 2008, 02:42:17 AM
Could this be one of those "shattered shells" of Aniz's children that Falina refers to, or is that just a result of Abel himself?
Realistically, it's Jouster's cameo, and probably nothing more than that.  So far as the story goes, the implication is that Abel didn't want him as a room-mate.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

My take:
Fa'Lina and Aniz had a plot to produce children who looked like a certain kind of being. In order to get that, Aniz had to infiltrate an existing couple by killing the male and taking his position. He then gets what Aniz and Fa'Lina want: A brown spotted child. Since he's not 100% sure that the child is cubi, he waits. Then he sees it is in fact a cubi and he has all he wanted. He's not patient enough to end this in a sensible manner and all hell breaks lose.

Now, Aniz and Fa'Lina need more than just one child! Aniz is supposed to try again elsewhere. These future children are what Fa'Lina references! She probably gets second thoughts about the plan. Yes, she wants young cubi like Abel, but she doesn't want broken headcases!
I guess that is why Aniz is still so sure of himself: He thinks that Fa'Lina still needs him for breeding. He shouldn't be so awfully sure!

Who are "them"?
Two guesses: First, it may be a certain Cubi clan that they want to infiltrate. That's why the certain look is needed. Probably a clan with blue and green eyed cubi. Second: This is the first try at a cubi-being crossbreeding. Abel is looking so much like ordinary beings.
Or both!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on April 07, 2008, 04:50:22 AM
My take:

Interesting, but there's one major objection that springs to mind, one that would make this chicanery somewhat unnecessary:

:shapeshifters

Quote from: Dard on April 07, 2008, 04:50:22 AM
Second: This is the first try at a cubi-being crossbreeding. Abel is looking so much like ordinary beings.
IIRC, the Academy would have been running for something like 6600-7000 years by this point, and the race itself is like 100'000 years old.  I rather doubt Abel was the first ever halfbreed.  Interesting idea, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Dard is correct in that Fa'Lina was talking about Aniz' future children rather than implying that there were already a bunch of half-siblings romping about.  I suppose I worded something poorly in this comic since so many people misread it.